Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't bother, I put up with the losses and get whatever fun I can. I have to step away from time to time, so making a group wait for me seems rude. I just think it'd be a lot more fun for people if it were really a solo queue and not allow groups. I think groups should be exclusively for rated. And I don't see why they don't let you make 8 man groups for rated, that seems weak.

It entertains me enough it could just be better for me that way.

So guildies should only be able to play together in arenas? You think queue times are bad now, what do you think will happen if friends can't play together in regs anymore?

It's not about restricting groups, it is about having separate queues for groups and solo players.

the problem is with matchmaking, but without cross server that would not be possible realistically.

and everyone assumes all groups are geared out augmented guilds on voice chat, apparently two newbies in a group are considered premades to some people and against without matchmaking no real way in a group only que to keep the real groups away from the newbie-casual-whatever groups. And lastly, what would be the motivation to do group only que? why would someone chose that instead of just solo que if they think they will get nothing extra out of it? At that point it might as well be ranked (on a side note, please bring back 8v8!). Anyway, now, not aimed at the person I quoted but to the people who just shout "lol you just want to keep rolfstomping pugs you baddie" instead of actually countering the problems I have said or saying "why are you so afraid of serious competition?", please just counter my arguments without attacking me ( had to say that because, well, you people love forum pvp)

Or you can make some friends and start treating the game like an MMO instead of a single player game.

So you think that I should join a gang and become a part of the problem. I don't see how that fixes anything?

So guildies should only be able to play together in arenas? You think queue times are bad now, what do you think will happen if friends can't play together in regs anymore?

And there it is. The elephant in the room. Minus cross server (which we know is a "no"), there is not enough population to support 2 separate Qs. At the same time, it also makes it more likely you will face premades repetitively when they are Qing and also easier to super Q. Really, can't tell people not to Q with thier friends so going solo Q only would be a bad idea for an MMO so the mixed Q is the best option.

^Lots of Qs in their for your QQ

So you think that I should join a gang and become a part of the problem. I don't see how that fixes anything?

The only problem is solo queue players crying about people grouping up in an online game. The real question here is, why are you playing an MMO?

The only problem is solo queue players crying about people grouping up in an online game. The real question here is, why are you playing an MMO?

Right, people play an mmo in order to be able to group. That's why one can level a dozen characters from 1-55 and not be able to get more than a handful of heroics done for lack of willing participants. When groups are formed for instances barely a word is spoken, usually not even a greeting. General chat is dominated by hostility. It's not a fluke that the vast majority of players have a social level of 1-3.

Playing the "this is an mmo people wanna group because they are social" card is so disingenuous. And representing online associations of convenience as friendships is even worse.

People group in order to gain an advantage, not because of social decorum.

I agree this thread needs attention from a mod. They should delete posts and suspend posters who use negative characterizations and name calling in lieu of reasoned discussion.

yeah especially considering how in anti-premade threads like this instead of getting a civil counterarguement to my points against something like a group only que I instead get "lol you afraid of serious competition" or "you just want to keep stomping pugs" instead of getting an actual response, so do not pretend that we are the only people being rude in this thread.

Right, people play an mmo in order to be able to group. That's why one can level a dozen characters from 1-55 and not be able to get more than a handful of heroics done for lack of willing participants. When groups are formed for instances barely a word is spoken, usually not even a greeting. General chat is dominated by hostility. It's not a fluke that the vast majority of players have a social level of 1-3.

Playing the "this is an mmo people wanna group because they are social" card is so disingenuous. And representing online associations of convenience as friendships is even worse.

People group in order to gain an advantage, not because of social decorum.

Oh please. I do two man groups all the time simply because I enjoy pvp with friends and BSing in mumble. Just because you're anti-social doesn't mean everyone else should have to cater to you. At the end of the day its still an MMO. Grouping up is part of that experience. Don't like it? Go play a single player game.

Oh please. I do two man groups all the time simply because I enjoy pvp with friends and BSing in mumble.

this. not everyone groups for some tactical advantage in some kind of evil plot against pugs, I very seldom group for pvp and when I do most of the time its just me and one or two other guys screwing around having the good times.

Edited by Sangrar

In case you haven't heard, even solo q'ers play with 15 other people in a regular 8v8 warzone. You can't do that in a single player game.

The problem with premades sharing a q with solo players is that it leads to pugstomping and drives people away from PvP. This needs to be addressed if we ever want to get our PvP populations up so that we can get more support from the devs.

In case you haven't heard, even solo q'ers play with 15 other people in a regular 8v8 warzone. You can't do that in a single player game.

The problem with premades sharing a q with solo players is that it leads to pugstomping and drives people away from PvP. This needs to be addressed if we ever want to get our PvP populations up so that we can get more support from the devs.

People get pugstomped because they are bad. I solo queue all the time and beat "premades" all the time. Hate to break it to you but a 4 man group really isn't a premade when the team is 8 people.

The problem is misconstrued as "premades are OP" when in reality, the problem is "certain groups can dominate the WZs and pugs can't beat them"

Which, of course, people immediately believe the solution is to remove the groups and everything will be dandy. Kind of like how people turn to "guns" as the problem before "mental health" in regards to shootings.

The standard of player is the problem, as on my server, premades are an indication of where someone should queue (Imps have a premade, time to play Imp alts). On top of that issue, it doesn't even take a group of players to play god in the reg queue; solo players with skill and talent can take out multiple enemy players at once.

Premades are not a problem, not even the ones that are formed for the intent to dominate a queue. It's the pathetic standard of player that this game has that allows groups of people to play god in WZs.

In short, step your game up and complain at others to do the same. Welcome to competition, where you're not going to have the advantage everytime you get into a match.

Edited by ZooMzy

This is not the reason why Pvp populations are low as they are and dying, the reason is is due to the ignorance of the dev team. The petition I drafted with EBM listed a multitude of fixes and patching to fix the dying PvP playerbase, but they decided to ignore it and then in the end delete it altogether.

Ranked 8s are gone. Vanilla Ilum is gone. Almost any and all point to WPvP is gone. Warzones coming out more than a year later. Class balance being more centered toward 4s – extremely bad idea to make ranked centered around 4s meta. Focus on Bolster to cater to the more casual and less skilled players. HUGE lack of rewards for PvP, it giving out the most less experience and credits than any other playstyle in this game. NO choice for PvPers (e.g. what WZ to Q for). There's now really no point in a Pvp guild due to all these reasons listed.

What I listed above is basically why Pvp is dying. It is NOT because of "premades farming PUGs". :rolleyes:

Oh please. I do two man groups all the time simply because I enjoy pvp with friends and BSing in mumble. Just because you're anti-social doesn't mean everyone else should have to cater to you. At the end of the day its still an MMO. Grouping up is part of that experience. Don't like it? Go play a single player game.

Ya and because you want to do 2 man groups with friends that doesn't mean that everyone else should cater to you and have a lack of match making so that premades vs pugs. At the end of the day, it's a game and equal rule sets allow for fair play. Don't like it? Go play a single player game.

Edited by MotorCityMan

Ya and because you want to do 2 man groups with friends that doesn't mean that everyone else should cater to you and have a lack of match making so that premades vs pugs. At the end of the day, it's a game and equal rule sets allow for fair play. Don't like it? Go play a single player game.

Ya sorry that argument doesnt work for groups considering they are doing what mmos are designed to do....ya know, playing in a group with friends.

People get pugstomped because they are bad.

Right, it's ok to take advantage of other players because they are not really people with the same right to fun as you, they are less than you, they are bads, they deserve to be stomped and taken advantage of.

Dehumanizing others is a common tactic sociopaths employ.

Not this again...

Problem: premades of several skilled people are facerolling medicore and bad players.

Solution: force premades to a different queue, so skilled premades will only be a problem of medicore premades and bad premades.

And then proceed to complain how you're still getting stomped everytime the lack of matchmaking happens to put several skilled soloplayers against bads and medicores.

Why are you people asking to separate the soloplayers and premades? Why not ask for a solo-only queue and keep the mixed queue as it is? Wouldn't be because then it would be your queue time that gets longer?

this. not everyone groups for some tactical advantage in some kind of evil plot against pugs,

Right, and asking for a match making system doesn't make someone a "bad" or a "carebear". And because they want a solo only queue doesn't mean they are trying to eliminate group vs group play and victimize you and not let you play with your "friends".

And not everyone that scoffs at others on the forums is a "tough" guy or "hardcore pvper".

Edited by MotorCityMan