Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

I agree Its pretty dam sad that Mob skipping seems to be the latest trend going on.

Why do people ask for more flashpoints/Content when all they do is skip mobs, All the mobs that are skippable they skip.

and all the excuses that i see is "I don't want to do it, because ive done it 100's of times".

1.So you find more enjoyment running past mobs?

Where do you get your enjoyment?

Whats the payoff? the Rare item from the bosses...?

So you get your rare item from bosses only to do more FP's to skip more mobs and bosses..

2. Ive seen people Rage-quit after a member of the group pulls an enemy 3 times.

Now when I see an over-geared player that are in my group from GFinder, doesnt matter if they're healer DPS or a tank, Those are the type of players that I look out for because they're the first ones to say "Spacebar, Spacebar!" and/or "we Skip!"3. I even had to give away a purple item that was dropped from a boss once because the fully geared player moaned and whined about it, mind you that throughout the run he already did get 2 purple drops before hand, Maybe im too kind? lol

Flash-points should not be finished until enough mobs have been killed.

If you want to watch the MOVIES do a NORMAL version of that flashpoint. Hard Modes should have all the movies and conversations turned OFF so that they are just for getting geared up. How about that. End of that problem. NEXT.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem skipping bosses and such, Bioware should definitely not remove that option, however.

If I play with some pugs that wanna take a boss I sure help them, but trust me you will get better gear faster if you just farm black hole comms then going after some Tionese, Columi. It is NOT Gamebreaking, and to all you solo players out there who haven't realised what an MMORPG are yet, get in to a guild and they will help you with everything you need.

Merry Christmas

N'ordom

The Red eclipse

I have no problem skipping bosses and such, Bioware should definitely not remove that option, however.

If I play with some pugs that wanna take a boss I sure help them, but trust me you will get better gear faster if you just farm black hole comms then going after some Tionese, Columi. It is NOT Gamebreaking, and to all you solo players out there who haven't realised what an MMORPG are yet, get in to a guild and they will help you with everything you need.

Merry Christmas

N'ordom

The Red eclipse

Epic and well put !!!!

What's fun about skipping ? Don't you enjoy skipping mobs in Mario, after having beaten the game a dozen times ? We killed at least once every single ennemy in every single FP, most of them are the same fight over and over, don't you understand that the only fun left is to "beat" the game in a very different way ?

There are many speedruns for solo games, and skipping bosses in FP is similar.

You haven't really read what he wrote, did you, he did state that he wouldn't mind doing skippable bosses.

You haven't really read the post either, mind the stuff in bold, it was done for a reason.

Then the paragraph starting with "FYI..." that i typed is aimed at the selfish people that do skip the content not the poster i replied to. Read it again and try to focus.

:rolleyes:

Edited by DMSL

You haven't really read the post either, mind the stuff in bold, it was done for a reason.

Then the paragraph starting with "FYI..." that i typed is aimed at the selfish people that do skip the content not the poster i replied to. Read it again and try to focus.

:rolleyes:

Like the Selfish people that think everyone should play with the same playstyle they have. Every one should finish each and every boss and mob. Sorry I have limited time when I play same with my guildies when we run HM FP for dailies we should be able to skip stuff we want to. And its Highly SELFISH of you to try and impose your anti skip mentality on us.

Sorry I got to add more you will not like me in BoI , I Do that run every time I run it in 12 mins or less and will leave the group if I'm forced to run it the long way unless BW changes how we skip stuff there, I will keep doing the 12 min run , if you happen to not like it you can ether leave or die at the bosses if I skip them or kick me , I've been told I'm one of the best healers on my server so GL kicking me if you do and finding a better replacement healer ... any way that said , I will do the bonus bosses if I know about it at first .. but I will also skip whatever I can, how ever I can, in what ever way I can ... I have run every bonus boss in every HM FP at least 4 times each and I'm so tried of run useless stuff that waste time , when I See posts like this its make me wonder is this your first MMO ? , any game I have played EQ 1 WOW RIFT and a few others at end content they skip what ever they can when they can ...

SO this is no New game breaking Behavior its been going on for years in other games ... only reason it seems new here is because SW was a new game and now its full of tons of 50 s and most them would rather skip what they can, stand on the fleet etc and shot the BS ...

and to me your the one being unfair if you think a geared out 50 that joined in thu LFG is gonna run it slow and when in most cases all he or she wants is the BH's at the end ... that said

If your in my guild and asked to me to run it the long hard way I will but ii only offer that to follow guild members, most in my guild don't need it and don't want to waste time in a HM FP, when they have better things to do after they get the Daily HM done ... :) ....

Edited by moonshoter

Like the Selfish people that think everyone should play with the same playstyle they have. Every one should finish each and every boss and mob. Sorry I have limited time when I play same with my guildies when we run HM FP for dailies we should be able to skip stuff we want to. And its Highly SELFISH of you to try and impose your anti skip mentality on us.

AGREE ! this is very Selfish making me do something I don't want to do and you can bet if they don't want to do it they don't ...

SO true most who play the game want to play, do as much as they can in game with what time they have ... :)) this is just a very Selfish post, they can't expect me or any else to do every boss in every HM FP ... when in most cases we have done them count less times to the point there is no point in doing them ..

Columi. It is NOT Gamebreaking, and to all you solo players out there who haven't realised what an MMORPG are yet, get in to a guild and they will help you with everything you need.

This thread is not about a specific item like you mention. It is about the gamebreaking behaviour that occurs when someone needs something and gets treated very badly, insulted and probably even kicked.

I really hope that Bioware has read the feedback they have recieved in this thread and change their current setting, and for their future flashpoints really keep this in mind. They ask for feedback, this thread has lots of it!

Flashpoints are supposed to be fun and enjoyable, not a place for drama only because someone needs a piece of gear and gets treated like trash by other teammembers.

Edited by Icestar

You can't skip the bosses in Kaon, so really all you did different was to kill trash you would normally skip, which coincidentally unlocks the bonus boss that you skipped. Pretty much, you wasted your time on trash that drops the occasional piece of green gear you can sell. If you enjoyed it, awesome, but that's not the crux of the argument here.

If on the other hand, you are just talking about the bosses your point is invalid since those can't be skipped anyway. Part of the reason I love pulling Kaon on my new 50s. There are plenty of FPs where I have to fight everything and when those come up, I do so.

Guess he doesn't know that owell , you can skip a lot of thrash but to follow the story line to do it thu you have kill every boss but the bonus boss in kaon ..

No it is selfish to not let people have a chance to get a gear upgrade because you can't be arsed to kill a boss. If you are so ubergeared it won't take long. It's not about playstyle here it's about CONSIDERATION.

When you geared up your character and everyone skipped the damn bosses you woulden't like it either.

may be they should run operations?

I don't know about you, but we complete all of the operation weeklies in about an hour, the day after reset. Then day 2 of the week we complete our hardmode operations. Then we have the rest of the week to do what? Get our daily BH comms.

Here is how you would get me to do a full clear. Update the bonus series to offer more credits once the fp is complete. Each bonus series complete, more creds. If there are 150 trash mobs in the fp, more creds for every group of 50 killed. 4 bonus objectives (click on this to turn something on/off or blow up) should have an increases credit count. Each boss should have an increase to the credit count. Each bonus boss... More credits.

Now killing everything does net you more credits already, as you can loot them for a small portion and have junk to sell. But if you offered that kind of incentive, you would have the op level players doing full runs to lock down the extra 3-5k credits at the end. They can use those credits for repairs, stims, adrenals, respecializing, purchase mats for that one upgrade they need but don't have the schematics for. Flashpoint incentive should be the place were operation level players go to get their utility items replenished as well as their credit pool.

That's what would make me do a full run.

No it is selfish to not let people have a chance to get a gear upgrade because you can't be arsed to kill a boss. If you are so ubergeared it won't take long. It's not about playstyle here it's about CONSIDERATION.

When you geared up your character and everyone skipped the damn bosses you woulden't like it either.

you miss the whole point of what he's saying If you run it thu a GF then we are suppose to do it because we joined thy GF , that's whey there are guilds I thought , thing called friends and planning for it ,, no your being selfish and can't expect pugs who run thu GF to do it,when there are much better ways of doing it and using the GF tool in better ways by getting a few friends or guild runs or plan it , would we waste our time on something that would normally take 20 mins that can turn into a hour and if you don't have the time ,, then were is he or anyone being selfish, as you call it because he doesn't have time , in most cases he or she only runs that one HM FP a day and wants to get more in game stuff done .... SO IMO its not selfish not doing it but it is selfish making that player run something he maybe cant or would but doesn't have the time to ,, that's why you make friends , join a guild or watch chat for those who are willing to do it , or even make your own group, And Q up and don't expect players thy a GF pug to run it how you want to, that's our whole point , there is other ways around it , then nerfing the LFG thy GF, so a few players can run the whole thing in a GF PUG , make those 50s run it that can't ,even if they wanted to , if thats being selfish then I'm a very selfish player, when it comes to GF and LFG PuGs ....

Edited by moonshoter

I don't know about you, but we complete all of the operation weeklies in about an hour, the day after reset. Then day 2 of the week we complete our hardmode operations. Then we have the rest of the week to do what? Get our daily BH comms.

Here is how you would get me to do a full clear. Update the bonus series to offer more credits once the fp is complete. Each bonus series complete, more creds. If there are 150 trash mobs in the fp, more creds for every group of 50 killed. 4 bonus objectives (click on this to turn something on/off or blow up) should have an increases credit count. Each boss should have an increase to the credit count. Each bonus boss... More credits.

Now killing everything does net you more credits already, as you can loot them for a small portion and have junk to sell. But if you offered that kind of incentive, you would have the op level players doing full runs to lock down the extra 3-5k credits at the end. They can use those credits for repairs, stims, adrenals, respecializing, purchase mats for that one upgrade they need but don't have the schematics for. Flashpoint incentive should be the place were operation level players go to get their utility items replenished as well as their credit pool.

That's what would make me do a full run.

We do the exact same thing in my guild with pugs , our only set back is HM and NIM ,I'm not talking about EV KP or even EC HM , I 'm talking about NIM EC and HM TFB ,,, we are a small guild growing , with a lack of tanks on at the right time for HM TFB or NIM EC ... .. so the rest I know a few of you can relate to as far as OPs go , we run back to back weeklies in SM run all of them in ops in one day most of the time and save a few ats for later in week in the Second boss and I even run my tank all the way up to the last boss in in SMEV and KP then drop group on him, ( I have two accounts ) while I'm healing to help those out who can't be on when we run on our mains for the weeklies ...I hope BW doesn't nerf that's. that's a nice way of getting thing done in guild for those who can't make the the reg raid times or can't run full runs and may be only have time for that one boss quick comms run :)

and BTW I know others in game so I have made up to HMTFB last boss and Kephess NIM EC so I know the fights that far and to me its not a big deal if I kill them in HM or NIM I will one day but till then I'm gonna have fun doing what can etc c ,,,

Point is don't NERF how LFG work to me its working as intended and others just need to learn how to use it to suit them and not ask DEV to waste time on some thing that working fine, other then to make improvements to it ... IMO :))) Or even offer more BHs for doing a full run,make it worth while in some way but don't nerf it so it makes others run it that don't want to , offer more,improve it,don't force others to do something they wont do anyway .. if they force us to run full runs LFG will prolly be less used other then SMEV/KP ,to me right now its working just fine for HMFP runs ..

Marry XMass all

Edited by moonshoter

Both acts, when imposed by the minority towards the majority in a flashpoint group is selfish. One does not make it more righteous or just over the other. As always the key here is to be polite to other group members, engage in dialogue about your expectations, and in most cases you will see people responding positively.

Lol it's absolutely unreal how people who think those that skip bosses are selfish but won't for a second believe they are being selfish for expecting people to kill everything. Can easily turn your example around and say you can't be "arsed to" skip a boss. I don't expect to convert any non-skippers into skippers here, but get real about the whole world's selfish but me QQ. Your point is that people are selfish because they won't do what you want. Period. Picture it for one second from the other person's/people's point of view. My guess is you won't because, what a shock, you're selfish in your own way too.

I'll use little words to make sure it doesn't go over your head.

Most.

Bosses.

Don't.

Drop.

Upgrades.

I have no problem killing the normally-skipped bosses that DO actually give upgrades (e.g. Mon Cal boss in BT for Columi earpiece) to fresh 50s, but that's about it.

Daily Comms are not precious. Credits are not precious. Time is precious.

Anything to reduce the amount of time per-character in a GF run, the better.

Ok last time i reply here because apparently the selfish people that already have the gear are the majority here.

Flashpoints are done to get gear upgrades, period.

So you get free tionese now, ridiculous but ok that's what it has come down to. Flashpoints still offer upgrades, i.e. columi gear tokens from the endboss, but also drops from other bosses, exotech for example has the same basic stats but not the bonus.

How hard is it to have some consideration and common courtesy for your fellow players that need the loot? Now if you go into a group with the LFG tool no matter if there are 1 or 2 people that needs the upgrades, if the tank is selfish he won't do the bosses no matter how politely you ask. This is just sad. When there are people that need the gear you do the bosses. When you geared your character for ops you needed the drops too, if the majority skipped the bosses back then you would not have the gear you have right now. Don't give me that argument about time again, it does not take ages to kill a boss in an FP.

Edited by DMSL

Ok last time i reply here because apparently the selfish people that already have the gear are the majority here.

Flashpoints are done to get gear upgrades, period.

So you get free tionese now, ridiculous but ok that's what it has come down to. Flashpoints still offer upgrades, i.e. columi gear tokens from the endboss, but also drops from other bosses, exotech for example has the same basic stats but not the bonus.

How hard is it to have some consideration and common courtesy for your fellow players that need the loot? Now if you go into a group with the LFG tool no matter if there are 1 or 2 people that needs the upgrades, if the tank is selfish he won't do the bosses no matter how politely you ask. This is just sad. When there are people that need the gear you do the bosses. When you geared your character for ops you needed the drops too, if the majority skipped the bosses back then you would not have the gear you have right now. Don't give me that argument about time again, it does not take ages to kill a boss in an FP.

You are arguing in circles here, I have presented you very clearly about what is fair and what isn't. You should try dialogue and see if you can convince your mates to kill the bosses you want drops from, most if approached nicely won't mind it unless there are a lot of trash packs which there aren't. As for that tank you mention I think you can ignore him and move on, get a new team. This is mentioned dozens of times in this thread, please stop arguing the same matters over and over again when solutions to your problems are already written a lot of times in this thread by different people. Repeating the same "problem" doesn't make it more valid than it is.

My statement is this..... If Bioware ever made it a requirement to kill every boss in a HM FP..... this is one tank that would never queue again. So just be careful what you wish for dps. You just might get it. DPS already have to wait long times for a queue to pop, and I for one, as a tank, have no desire whatsoever spending an hour or more in a FP when it can be done in 15-25 min:rak_03:

Now that we have the Cartel Market, there is a very simple solution to this problem.

Bioware could add an item to the store. Let's call it the ECSTD (Elite Content Skipping Teleportation Device). It would have the following text:

Allows the use of the "ECSTD Owner Option" in the Group Finder.

This is 1/4 of the ECSTD. Use the device when in a Flashpoint. 3 other ECSTD owners will need to assist in the construction of the full ECSTD. Once constructed, the ECSTD will teleport all the owners to the last spawn point in the Flashpoint.

Warning: Using the "ECSTD Owner Option" in the Group Finder will queue you up only with other ECSTD owners. This may affect your use of the Group Finder negatively.

It would be purchasable for real money as an account unlock and using ingame commendations for a character unlock. It would cost an exhorbitant amount. For an Account unlock we are looking at about 75$. For a character unlock we are looking at about 600 Daily Commendations/400 Columi Commendations/200 Black Hole Commendations (the "/" indicates an "or"). This cost shouldn't be a problem for all the elites (note the italics, they denote that the name "elites" is being used as a generic term for those who wish to skip content) in this thread who just want to complete the FP so they can get their daily done. They will definitely either have: a) commendations coming out of the yazoo so unlocking this on a character will be a non-issue; b) the money to unlock this account wide because after all time is money and they need their dailies done in 5 minutes or less.

There we go. Everyone will be happy. The elites get to skip to the end of the Flashpoint by queuing up with other ECSTD owners. The rest of us get to do the whole Flashpoints the way they were *designed and meant* to be played and if anyone asks to skip we can tell them to go acquire an ECSTD and group with like minded players.

(I wonder how something like this would play out. How long would ECSTD players have to wait for a group in Group Finder? Longer or less? It would be a real measure of just how many *want* to skip and how many are just *forced* to do so.)

Now that we have the Cartel Market, there is a very simple solution to this problem.

Bioware could add an item to the store. Let's call it the ECSTD (Elite Content Skipping Teleportation Device). It would have the following text:

Allows the use of the "ECSTD Owner Option" in the Group Finder.

This is 1/4 of the ECSTD. Use the device when in a Flashpoint. 3 other ECSTD owners will need to assist in the construction of the full ECSTD. Once constructed, the ECSTD will teleport all the owners to the last spawn point in the Flashpoint.

Warning: Using the "ECSTD Owner Option" in the Group Finder will queue you up only with other ECSTD owners. This may affect your use of the Group Finder negatively.

It would be purchasable for real money as an account unlock and using ingame commendations for a character unlock. It would cost an exhorbitant amount. For an Account unlock we are looking at about 75$. For a character unlock we are looking at about 600 Daily Commendations/400 Columi Commendations/200 Black Hole Commendations (the "/" indicates an "or"). This cost shouldn't be a problem for all the elites (note the italics, they denote that the name "elites" is being used as a generic term for those who wish to skip content) in this thread who just want to complete the FP so they can get their daily done. They will definitely either have: a) commendations coming out of the yazoo so unlocking this on a character will be a non-issue; b) the money to unlock this account wide because after all time is money and they need their dailies done in 5 minutes or less.

There we go. Everyone will be happy. The elites get to skip to the end of the Flashpoint by queuing up with other ECSTD owners. The rest of us get to do the whole Flashpoints the way they were *designed and meant* to be played and if anyone asks to skip we can tell them to go acquire an ECSTD and group with like minded players.

(I wonder how something like this would play out. How long would ECSTD players have to wait for a group in Group Finder? Longer or less? It would be a real measure of just how many *want* to skip and how many are just *forced* to do so.)

i'd be totally against this because i play multiple characters and after a while most people would have 1 on at least 1 of their characters and i wouldn't want to pay to have it on all of mine just to get decent que times

i'd be totally against this because i play multiple characters and after a while most people would have 1 on at least 1 of their characters and i wouldn't want to pay to have it on all of mine just to get decent que times

Ahhh... but would you have to pay? would most people really have 1 on at least 1 of their characters? would you really have to have one to have decent queue times?

I'm not so sure.

I for one would not care one way or the other if something like this made it into the game. I would never buy one. I *like* doing everything in the Flashpoints and I've done them all multiple times across six different characters in both normal and hard modes. I also *personally* believe that there are more like me than there are those that want to skip (just as there are those that *personally* believe the opposite :)). Something like this would finally, once and for all, settle this debate of skippers vs non-skippers. (Just as the mega-servers settled the debate of whether people prefer PvP servers or PvE servers (take a look at the server selection screen sometime: the PvP servers are *always* the ones with the lowest population).)

Ahhh... but would you have to pay? would most people really have 1 on at least 1 of their characters? would you really have to have one to have decent queue times?

I'm not so sure.

I for one would not care one way or the other if something like this made it into the game. I would never buy one. I *like* doing everything in the Flashpoints and I've done them all multiple times across six different characters in both normal and hard modes. I also *personally* believe that there are more like me than there are those that want to skip (just as there are those that *personally* believe the opposite :)). Something like this would finally, once and for all, settle this debate of skippers vs non-skippers. (Just as the mega-servers settled the debate of whether people prefer PvP servers or PvE servers (take a look at the server selection screen sometime: the PvP servers are *always* the ones with the lowest population).)

and sadly i'm on a pvp server since my orginal guild b4 launch was on 1 and don't want to reroll since i played the toons since launch kinda wish i was on a PVE tho atm the most pvp i ever do is like 2hrs of warzones if that

but you may be right on that just from a pvp server pov everyone skips no one even ask to do the bosses you can skip they just go ahead and skip them like it's breathing to them lol

Edited by Zaxem