Mara/Sent Damage fine/Ops Evasion and Vanish broken

TriviumIsGOAT

I posted this on another thread but thought it deserved its own thread, Marauders and Sentinels deserve the damage, what they dont deserve is their vanish that is better then the stealth classes, I play operative, and get pulled out of stealth all the time after i vanish even with evasion on, if someone is casting and u vanish, and they get htere cast off it will pull a op out of stealth, not so with marauders, dots dont pull marauders out of stealth, its freaking retarded, they shouldnt even have stealth talent in the first place let alone have it be better then the actual stealth classes, they deserve all of their damage, but none of hte survivability, dual wield should and deserve to be glass cannons.

Another thing evasion is broken, its suppose to be 100% chance to dodge any incoming attacks for 3 secs, but if someone is casting or channeling it will NOT stop that damage, which makes it practically worthless since thats exactly when ur suppose to pop it....

Actually evasion works only vs melee/ranged attacks.

So if someone throws a rock (force) at you and that rock has an animation delay (which ppl cry about on forums) it will hit you in stealth and will go through evasion.

But you still can stunlock ppl and cause them to unsub, which is the most powerful ability out there.

Ya, 4 second invis on a 45 sec cooldown that doesn't drop you out of combat = totally OP and better than an actual stealth :rolleyes:
its longer then 4 secs, and im talking about it being better then a stealth classes actual vanish, a marauder can protect a node from 4 people simply by vanishing, hide heal up a bit, stop cap, come back pop 10 sec invincibility at 5% health, by that time he is reinforced, its ridiculous really, they have a rogues cheat death and stealth and there not even a rogue class.

Actually evasion works only vs melee/ranged attacks.

So if someone throws a rock (force) at you and that rock has an animation delay (which ppl cry about on forums) it will hit you in stealth and will go through evasion.

But you still can stunlock ppl and cause them to unsub, which is the most powerful ability out there.

No I never stop ranged attacks, I pop it all the time against shadows, and it never stops it from hitting me, I pop it before I enter vanish, and snipers still pul out, evasion simply doesnt work, it NEVER EVER works, I have yet to witness it working in pvp.

its longer then 4 secs, and im talking about it being better then a stealth classes actual vanish, a marauder can protect a node from 4 people simply by vanishing, hide heal up a bit, stop cap, come back pop 10 sec invincibility at 5% health, by that time he is reinforced, its ridiculous really, they have a rogues cheat death and stealth and there not even a rogue class.

But they dual wield and have medium armor, smells roguish :D

Don't forget about 15 sec aoe stun, mass root without cd, numerous mass heals that heals from 10% to 100% almost instantly and of course several ways to remove stun from himself!

Ok its pretty obvious that you don't understand this game OP.

Mara stealth does last 4 seconds, and doesnt remove you from combat, so there is no "healing yourself up". Also UR lasts 5 seconds, not 10.

Dodge grants 100% parry against Melee and Ranged attacks. Force lightning and shock are not ranged attacks, they are force attacks. Tech attacks will also go through dodge.

I find it utterly amazing that people come and make nerf threads when they dont even know what their own classes abilities do.

L2P

I dont understand why a melee class like Marauders got a vanish. Is not needed at all. I think BW put the skill as a panic button for pve encounters, same as Undying Rage. But in PvP, is totally stupid. For me is just funny seeing those coward Marauders vanishing and running out of combat like chickens when smelling the death. Good ones know how use the skill but bad ones are laughlable and i have some fun when they do that.

Anyway, i think Scoundrels are ok with Dissapeariing Act being 3 mins cooldown (2 mins being Scrapper). Is about not spamming that skill but using wisely.

Dodge is not broken, just weak cos dodge 100 % range and melee attacks, not tech and force.

Edited by Nyaara

Ok its pretty obvious that you don't understand this game OP.

Mara stealth does last 4 seconds, and doesnt remove you from combat, so there is no "healing yourself up". Also UR lasts 5 seconds, not 10.

Dodge grants 100% parry against Melee and Ranged attacks. Force lightning and shock are not ranged attacks, they are force attacks. Tech attacks will also go through dodge.

I find it utterly amazing that people come and make nerf threads when they dont even know what their own classes abilities do.

L2P

Welll I always witness them have more health when they come back, so I dont know what their doing, but they go from zero health back up to 100% quickly then have the 10 sec invincibility, I do understand this game and MMO's which why im not complaining about their damage, if u played a stealth class all all of ur MMO life, you would be pretty pissed to that a non stealth class has a better vanish, and talents that ur class should have and still puts out more burst damage.... They got it right with the damage, one thing that wsa retarded about the fury warriors is they should ahve been doing the damage marauders are doing now, but the stealth crap is freaking nonsense. Edited by TriviumIsGOAT

I dont understand why a melee class like Marauders got a vanish. Is not needed at all. I think BW put the skill as a panic button for pve encounters, same as Undying Rage. But in PvP, is totally stupid. For me is just funny seeing those coward Marauders vanishing and running out of combat like chickens when smelling the death. Good ones know how use the skill but bad ones are laughlable and i have some fun when they do that.

Anyway, i think Scoundrels are ok with Dissapeariing Act being 3 mins cooldown (2 mins being Scrapper). Is about not spamming that skill but using wisely.

Dodge is not broken, just weak cos dodge 100 % range and melee attacks, not tech and force.

I agree that Force camo is on way to short of a cooldown. They should double it from 45 sec to 90 sec.

Although that might screw over marauders in PVE. (apparently some people enjoy pve. I know, I dont get it either)

Welll I always witness them have more health when they come back, so I dont know what their doing, but they go from zero health back up to 100% quickly then have the 10 sec invincibility, I do understand this game and MMO's which why im not complaining about their damage, if u played a stealth class all all of ur MMO life, you would be pretty pissed to that a non stealth class has a better vanish, and talents that ur class should have and still puts out more burst damage.... They got it right with the damage, one thing that wsa retarded about the fury warriors is they should ahve been doing the damage marauders are doing now, but the stealth crap is freaking nonsense.

Please, educate yourself:

http://www.torhead.com/abilities/catg/2/subcatg/6

Feel free to return here when you've found all the skills you mentioned. Then, and only then, we'll talk about balance.

Edited by charoi

Please, educate yourself:

http://www.torhead.com/abilities/catg/2/subcatg/6

Fell free to return here when you've found all the skills you mentioned. Then, and only then, we'll talk about balance.

actually someone in this very thread said they have a talent that healz them to full ehalth, Ive had a zillion encounters with a marauder and amples of game time experience I know what they can do and cant do, to say that them having a stealth talent is not BS.... Like seriously bioware is smoking somethign for even considering giving them a stealth talent. Edited by TriviumIsGOAT

actually someone in this very thread said they have a talent that healz them to full ehalth, Ive had a zillion encounters with a marauder and amples of game time experience I know what they can do and cant do, to say that them having a stealth talent is not BS.... Like seriously bioware is smoking somethign for even considering giving them a stealth talent.

It was me and do you really consider a full health heal a reality? It was sarcasm.

Ok, you're lazy, but don't worry - I'll help you.

As mentioned on page 1:

1) mara's UD last only 5 sec.

2) their hide is waaaay worse - it last only 4 (6 if specced in watchman) seconds and doesn't remove combat.

3) their self heals heals only 2% (3% during zen) of max health and only when their dot crits.

If they have a lot more health - the only way is rakata/warzone medpak or healer. You know, the thing, that doesn't forbidden to you for use.

Edited by charoi

Welll I always witness them have more health when they come back, so I dont know what their doing, but they go from zero health back up to 100% quickly then have the 10 sec invincibility, I do understand this game and MMO's which why im not complaining about their damage, if u played a stealth class all all of ur MMO life, you would be pretty pissed to that a non stealth class has a better vanish, and talents that ur class should have and still puts out more burst damage.... They got it right with the damage, one thing that wsa retarded about the fury warriors is they should ahve been doing the damage marauders are doing now, but the stealth crap is freaking nonsense.

Obvoiusly you don't because what you are saying is impossible without a healer healing the marauder, and because Undying rage last 5 seconds not 10!

How do you say "I don't know what their doing,but..." in one sentence and then claim "I do understand the game" in the next? The two are mutually exclusive!

A marauder specced in annihilation can do small self heals off a random proc, and have an ability that lets them generate that proc 6 times over 6 seconds to let they heal for 18% of their total hp. They can combine that with a wz medpack (which everyone can use) to heal for 35% of their hp. So in a best case scenario a marayder can heal himself for a little over half his health. Not from 0-100. If the marauder does so then pops his FIVE, THATS RIGHT 5 SECOND 99% damage reduction CD, doing so will consume half of his HP. so no marauder in the game vanishes, heals himself to full ,then goes invincible for 10 seconds

You need to understand whats happening in the game before you have a right to complain about it.

Edited by LiveandDieinLA

Actually no u dont have to, how many people read and memorize every classes talent list, ive scanned over marauders talents numerous time, I dont care if its 2 seconds, they dont deserve a fricken vanish, and pretty much all the stealthers ive talked to have agreed that its retarded to even give a non stealth class a stealth.

actually someone in this very thread said they have a talent that healz them to full ehalth, Ive had a zillion encounters with a marauder and amples of game time experience I know what they can do and cant do, to say that them having a stealth talent is not BS.... Like seriously bioware is smoking somethign for even considering giving them a stealth talent.

Just stop, you're only making yourself look worse. You clearly don't actually know what you are talking about, so just call it a loss and go on with your day.

Just stop, you're only making yourself look worse. You clearly don't actually know what you are talking about, so just call it a loss and go on with your day.
Right yeah i dont know what im talking about when I witness it every match,.

Actually no u dont have to, how many people read and memorize every classes talent list, ive scanned over marauders talents numerous time, I dont care if its 2 seconds, they dont deserve a fricken vanish, and pretty much all the stealthers ive talked to have agreed that its retarded to even give a non stealth class a stealth.

How many people?

Every single one that is any good at this game.

No, all Ranged attacks are Ranged. All force attacks are Force, and all Tech attacks are Tech. Some force and tech abilities have 30 meter range, but they don't fall into the category of "Ranged Attacks".
30 m isnt ranged?? ROFL I guess its melee then.

Thread: "I don't know anything about mara's abilities, I don't know my own abilities mechanic and I don't want to learn about them - how they work and how to counter them. Just nerf anyone who killed me!" Edited by charoi