1.2 Gunslinger Bugs

Arehonn

I'm noticing that Sweeping Fire does not proc Burst Volley. I tested this out 50 times...no dice.

" Smugglers can no longer be pushed out of cover via the "cover integrity" mechanic, which has been removed from the game. "

I still haven't quite understood what that meant, but I was under the impression that we wouldn't be able to be pushed/knocked back out of cover, but that's not the case.

What other things are you guys noticing?

I can confirm that I'm still being pushed out of cover from nockbacks unless of course I'm using Hunker Down.

I've noticed some ability latency but that could potentially be my computer since I turned alot of the graphics up yesterday but I just didn't have enough time to really mess around with it.

I need to start parsing my damage to get an idea of where I'm at. I've been reading alot of complaints about sniper/gs dps on the PTS forums (guessing that thread is officially closed now although still readable). Supposedly they are "globally" buffing sniper/gunslinger weapon dmg in a patch in the undetermined future by a small margin.

Some people are saying sniper/gs dps is lower now because armor debuffs aren't stacking.

Honestly, from trying some HM Explosive Conflict, doing some solo'ing daily quests, and doing alittle bit of PvP...I didn't really noticed any glaringly huge issues right off the bat aside from being nocked out of cover but...as I said I haven't parsed myself and I think that is where the rubber will meet the road.

As a comment though, I really felt like I was melting face in PvP yesterday...although it was maybe like 5 or 6 WZ's...not very much.

My spec: SS 33/3/5

It seems like one of the biggest issues though aside from getting nocked out of cover still is the wierd ability activation time I was experiencing yesterday...I can't really put my finger on it just yet but there definately seemd to be situations where I was pusing channeled abilities and it was like, they weren't activating at all unless i was mashing it repeadidly (again..could just be my computer).

Also, an ongoing issue I've been having....dropping into cover and start firing and for some reason my mouselook gets stuck so that, even if I'm not pushing on a mousebutton, mouse mouse gets stuck in moving the camera around and I have to left click on the map somwhere to get it to stop. It's really annoying in PvP when your trying to do stuff and then your mouse gets auto stuck in mouse camera look. I haven't seen anyone else mention that other than a trooper vanguard friend of mine said the same thing happens to him sometimes as well. All I know is, it happens when I'm dropping into cover and mashing dps rotation abilities.

Edited by Jackoftheshadows

I'm noticing that Sweeping Fire does not proc Burst Volley. I tested this out 50 times...no dice.

" Smugglers can no longer be pushed out of cover via the "cover integrity" mechanic, which has been removed from the game. "

I still haven't quite understood what that meant, but I was under the impression that we wouldn't be able to be pushed/knocked back out of cover, but that's not the case.

Nothing, there are no bugs.

And omg you guys didn't really believed it means we are immune to knockback/pushes etc....

To make this easy...

“Explanation for this from ‘Bonklers’ on PTS forum – In some instances, when you hope into real cover and your cover absorbs damage for you, you get a buff called “Cover Integrity” which starts with 3 stacks or something and eventually ticks down to one. When the charges are gone, you are knocked out of cover and can’t re-enter for like 6 seconds.”

Nothing, there are no bugs.

And omg you guys didn't really believed it means we are immune to knockback/pushes etc....

To make this easy...

“Explanation for this from ‘Bonklers’ on PTS forum – In some instances, when you hope into real cover and your cover absorbs damage for you, you get a buff called “Cover Integrity” which starts with 3 stacks or something and eventually ticks down to one. When the charges are gone, you are knocked out of cover and can’t re-enter for like 6 seconds.”

Way to be condescending.

Anyways, are you saying that if I'm in natural cover I will not be nocked out of cover?

Edit: Re-read, understand, boo. I was really looking forward to not being nocked out of cover...oh well.

Edited by Jackoftheshadows

Way to be condescending.

Anyways, are you saying that if I'm in natural cover I will not be nocked out of cover?

are you kidding me.... COVER INTEGRITY IS A STAND ALONE MECHANIC and has nothing to do with cc skills -.-

Interesting, never had that happened before.

A bug I've been seeing continuously is being stunned out of hunker down. I've had it happen to me about 3-4 times yesterday. Whether it's latency related or what I don't know but I'd use hunker down, the bumpers would come down, and a sorc or something will 4 second stun me through it. My hunker down then proceeds to go on cooldown after I get stunned through it. Really frustrating.

Cover intergrity is a PvE thing.

It's basically when you have a set amount of charges until the cover you're in (whether it be a fragile piece of trash your hiding behind or debris) will no longer be able to cover behind once all charges are gone.

There are times while in Cover intergrity when you have 3 charges and you randomly get pushed out of cover, and you're unable to go back into cover for like another 10 seconds.

Cover intergrity has NOTHING to do with Pvp whatsoever, and there are NO situational cover mechanics in Warzones that will trigger this.

So if you're thinking you're behing your cover screen and Cover intergrity (god forbid if this buff actually pops up in a warzone cos i have yet to see it) gets you pushed out, you're playing some broken asian version of SW:ToR dude.

That's all I can say

I've noticed some ability latency but that could potentially be my computer since I turned alot of the graphics up yesterday but I just didn't have enough time to really mess around with it.

I was seeing some ability lag last night too.

A bug I've been seeing continuously is being stunned out of hunker down. I've had it happen to me about 3-4 times yesterday. Whether it's latency related or what I don't know but I'd use hunker down, the bumpers would come down, and a sorc or something will 4 second stun me through it. My hunker down then proceeds to go on cooldown after I get stunned through it. Really frustrating.

yeah, got that too, already wanted to make a thread on this. anyone know if its a bug/feature/lag?

This ^^.

Happened to me yesterday for a couple of times. Both times I was using natural cover on Novarre Coast WZ and both times I was CCed out of Hunker Down. I'll watch out for this bug and keep you guys posted.

Yea, I saw that last night too, both in huttball and civil war (never did get the other two to pop). First time I noticed it was when an imp used a knockback while I was hunkered-down, and it pushed me back.

I noticed the ability lag issues as well. Thought O great that bugs back.

Hitting abilities just didn't seem to activate them at times so I started watching my GCDs and yep some times I would have to hit the button a few times to activate the skills.

Ability lag, getting leaped at in cover out of line of site in warzones, getting interrupted in cover, not getting the ballistic dampener effect in cover... You know, the usual.

everything is working like intended for me. all of the named above never occured even once

Actually I think my ability lag is actually just sound lag. The sounds effects of some abilities are lagging behind or overlapping others. It seems especially noticeable on charged burst/trickshot combo. It is playing havoc with my timing.

It doesn't seem to do it every time but when it starts it keeps getting worse. A client restart clears it up for awhile.

i have experienced the hunker down bug a few times now. however i think it may be a latency issue or a case of an animation misfiring. my reasoning for this is i had it happen in a Novare Coast WZ the other day and noticed that Hunker Down was not on cool down immediately after being knocked out of cover. so ya. ether lag is causing CC to hit us on the server end before we put up Hunker Down, the animation is playing when the ability does not activate. if we could an official response to this i am sure it would be greatly appreciated. Edited by RavinKing

Please note the following guys:

And entrench's knockback protection only really works in pvp. Probably 80% of the strong, elite, champion, and boss mobs you fight in PvE will knock you right out of cover even with entrench active.

When this happens to you, it is a bug - please report it as such and we will work to get them all taken care of. The name of the mob in question, and your quest (if any) are useful in tracking these down. Bonus if you can tell us the name of the ability that knocked you out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3906215#edit3906215