Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Iffyluse
11.05.2019 , 04:47 AM | #9741
Now I get why this expansion is called Onslaught, because it's an Onslaught of Noobs... I don't mean "new players", I mean clueless people with no desire to learn... So many times I had groups with people who never say a word, ignore instructions, tanks in dps gear, or I keep getting groups of ppl who have 2% FP achievements and dont have the decency to inform that they never done it before... As someone who enjoys queueing for group finder, it feels more like russian roulette

JediQuaker
11.05.2019 , 07:15 AM | #9742
Quote: Originally Posted by Iffyluse View Post
So many times I had groups with people who never say a word, ignore instructions, tanks in dps gear, or I keep getting groups of ppl who have 2% FP achievements and dont have the decency to inform that they never done it before... As someone who enjoys queueing for group finder, it feels more like russian roulette
It's not clear how you can say you enjoy queueing for GF, and yet you complain about the basic nature of GF.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Iffyluse
11.05.2019 , 07:24 AM | #9743
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
It's not clear how you can say you enjoy queueing for GF, and yet you complain about the basic nature of GF.
Nah, the change is noticable

Sithishe
11.06.2019 , 09:14 AM | #9744
Horrors from group finder/FPs with randoms:

Back in 1.0, when there were no GF. I ended up in Mandalorian raiders while leveling. Got a group and went to dungeon. I had 2 teammates, Powertech, and Mercenary. I was Marauder. And I dont remember which class was healer. PT and Merc was irl friends. I thought PT would tank. But no. Noone was tanking. When we wiped few times on first boss, I was told by Mercenary that he is Mercenary tank, and that Mercenary is unofficial tanking class, and that when they playing with PT together, Merc always tanking, and thats ok and they are in their right. Well, I dont think I need to explain how hard I laughed irl, and then just said goodbuy to them and left.

DeannaVoyager
11.08.2019 , 05:50 AM | #9745
Quote: Originally Posted by Iffyluse View Post
Now I get why this expansion is called Onslaught, because it's an Onslaught of Noobs... I don't mean "new players", I mean clueless people with no desire to learn...
This made me laugh And yeah, I agree. I've only pugged random MM FP twice after 6.0 launched, when most guildies were busy doing something else. First one was MM HS, so I quit immediately. I don't do that s**t with randoms, because it's boring enough without someone accidentally pulling extra mobs, or dying to stupid, which usually happens when people who are bad enough to queue only HS.

Second one was Directive 7. We had one dps pug (or so we thought). It was a lvl 70 focus guardian in 234 tank gear. so everything died really slowly. He also watched all cutscenes and stayed behind to scavenge every droid we killed... But he obviously knew the mechanics and didn't do anything stupid, so we didn't kick him (we had a premade of 3 with this one pug). Everything just took a lot longer than it should have. We would have done 4x Red Reaper within the same amount of time with a companion...

So let's put it this way, I'll try to stay as far from pugging anything in GF, unless I really really have to for some reason (that I can't think right now). It's just not worth all the waste of time and frustration I get from it.