Outfit Designer Blog ETA?

ML_DoubleTap

The producers road map mentioned we would be getting a blog post on the upcoming outfit designer. I'm just curious when we might see that and if they're will be a stream showing it off at all. I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering if I should save my credits augmenting gear if the outfit designer will change some of that.

Given all the posts from people with silly expectations of being able to remove dingles, dangles, and doodads from existing armor items, they are probably staying quiet to stave off the raging "Y U NO LET ME TAKE OFF DOODADS!" tantrum posts for as long as possible.

Have my popcorn for the reveal all stocked up, i expect it to be as entertaining as watching the reactions of people watching "The Red Wedding" that hadnt read the books.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Not sure why people so cynical towards the game spend so darn much time discussing it on the forums.

How long have you been playing? How many feature have you wanted and seen introduced half ***.

-Server transfers/mergers: They waited and waited to do anything about low pop server where fleets had less than 10 people on them, wz and gf never popped for hours.

-Dye system: Some armor have tertiary color that is more dominate than primary and secondary color.

-GSF: Is like telling a kid there is the gas and there is the break now go drive the DC beltway during rush hour.

-SH: Half *** hook system. Where droid workbench sits in the middle of floor because lack of ability to move it.

-Rank WZ: Worlds longest preseason.

-Dev team admitting commutation is a problem and are going to work on "soon".

Look at what we are getting mount flourish!!! Instead of the hundreds of things player have been asking since launch that end up on the wall of crazy. We get to push a button and our speeder makes horn noises.

Need I go on?

Edited by Warrgames

How long have you been playing? How many feature have you wanted and seen introduced half ***.

-Server transfers/mergers: They waited and waited to do anything about low pop server where fleets had less than 10 people on them, wz and gf never popped for hours.

-Dye system: Some armor have tertiary color that is more dominate than primary and secondary color.

-GSF: Is like telling a kid there is the gas and there is the break now go drive the DC beltway during rush hour.

-SH: Half *** hook system. Where droid workbench sits in the middle of floor because lack of ability to move it.

-Rank WZ: Worlds longest preseason.

Need I go on?

I've been an uninterrupted sub since launch to answer your question.

Given all the posts from people with silly expectations of being able to remove dingles, dangles, and doodads from existing armor items, they are probably staying quiet to stave off the raging "Y U NO LET ME TAKE OFF DOODADS!" tantrum posts for as long as possible.

Have my popcorn for the reveal all stocked up, i expect it to be as entertaining as watching the reactions of people watching "The Red Wedding" that hadnt read the books.

That would have been pre-empted if BW had spent more than two words describing this new system coming out next month. That would have been mitigated somewhat if someone with authority had replied to one the threads on the subject with a "no no no, that's not what we meant". Now? A good percentage of everyone that knows there will be an "outfit designer" added soon will probably just be disappointed by what we end up getting. It's very bad marketing.

Hey guys! I want to drop in and let you know that the outfit designer has been cancelled due to amount of bugs and glitches it presented. There are currently no plans to include it in the future. However the team responsible for the outfit designer will be assigned to create many new outfits that will be purchasable on the Cartel Market as either direct purchase items or in packs. This way we will still make 3.2 a customization-oriented update!

Expect something like this lol ;d

Guys do you really think it's more than an ordinary appearance tab? You probably won't be even able to use grays and greens from low levels...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

That's one of the few things I'd like to see implemented. Then again, it is likely they'll mess it up. :D

If it does end up being a bare-bones system, one thing I could certainly see it amounting to is doing nothing more than an option to turn Greens / Blues into Orange shells (for a CC cost of course).

That's one of the few things I'd like to see implemented. Then again, it is likely they'll mess it up. :D

Absolutely my fear too. They'll take what the community asked for and create a terribly complex system that involves unlocking and leveling your clothing. I'd buy more CM outfits if I could simply equip them for appearance only...I don't want this new system to be so far beyond what it should be that nobody uses it.

Expect something like this lol ;d

Guys do you really think it's more than an ordinary appearance tab? You probably won't be even able to use grays and greens from low levels...

What it is going to be is a new type of item. Consumable item that temporarily change your look for 1hr and its a complete armor design.

So much salt in this forum, why do you all keep playing if you have absolutely no faith in the developers?

No salt, just experience. I love the people I play with...been gaming with most of them for years...wouldn't trade the time I waste with them for anything!