Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do Plasma Warheads have any affect on shield regen?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Do Plasma Warheads have any affect on shield regen?

Loadsamonie
05.12.2019 , 12:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
@Loadsamonie

I made some new videos and a couple of the Sting/Flashfire, I thought you might be interested in them since we've been talking so much about that ship in this thread.

Here they are:
1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vArCRi_aigY
2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YQfhPJkuCw
Okay, right off the bat I see you doing something I need to learn, the way you're able to combine turning with strafing to get behind another ship so quickly and easily. I'm still not using strafing the way I should, and instead I'm just pitching and yawing to get behind ships, which takes longer and lets them potentially out-turn me. I've somehow got to get comfortable doing what you do, strafe turning to sharply tail enemy ships. So back to double turning for my Flash.

Second, though I know Bursts are overall the best I'm still more of a Rapids user, and I'm switching on and off between Lights and Rapids, seeing which one I perform better with. Rapids usually wins out, but eventually I need to make it a point to get comfortable with Bursts, because nothing else really compares to them.

Third, double turning lacks engine power, even with C2N2 (and I typically use Yuun with Lights or Bursts, so even less there), and if you're caught without engine power you're a dead stick. Need to make a mental note to always let engines recharge to full before engaging the next target like you do.

So yeah, just by watching that first video I see a number of ways I can improve. I've really got to learn proper strafing. The way you get behind targets so easily is a thing of beauty. Really good stuff there.

I may also adopt Power Dive or Barrel Roll instead of Retro, as one of my biggest problems is getting away from Strikes when they're trying to thread me with Protons. Retro lets me break a missile in route, but it doesn't help me get distance from the Strike.

Drakkolich
05.12.2019 , 01:25 PM | #12
Really glad the videos were able to help.

Just wanted to let you know I'm not strafing at all to get behind targets. I'm simply rolling the ship to make sure I'm always pitching, you want to make sure you're never yawing while turning, it's a really big difference in turn speed.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Loadsamonie
05.12.2019 , 02:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
Really glad the videos were able to help.

Just wanted to let you know I'm not strafing at all to get behind targets. I'm simply rolling the ship to make sure I'm always pitching, you want to make sure you're never yawing while turning, it's a really big difference in turn speed.
Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. Definitely gonna take some practice, but I'm already seeing it help quite a bit with tailing targets.

Right now Yuun is the only way I can comfortably use Bursts. C2-N2 is my preferred Engineering crew, but I burn weapon power too quickly if I don't have Yuun or T7. But since I'm mostly fighting around satellites, Engine power isn't a huge problem in Domination. It's a much bigger concern in Team Deathmatch though.

DakhathKilrathi
05.12.2019 , 04:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Loadsamonie View Post
Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. Definitely gonna take some practice, but I'm already seeing it help quite a bit with tailing targets.

Right now Yuun is the only way I can comfortably use Bursts. C2-N2 is my preferred Engineering crew, but I burn weapon power too quickly if I don't have Yuun or T7. But since I'm mostly fighting around satellites, Engine power isn't a huge problem in Domination. It's a much bigger concern in Team Deathmatch though.
Does your mouse support multiple DPI settings? I've found that it's helpful to have one setting for using my BLC/pods scout and another setting for everything else. You definitely want a lower DPI for BLC if you're struggling to aim it still.

I'm personally at 1300 for BLC and 1700 for everything else but this may be a bit on the high side for most people.

Loadsamonie
05.12.2019 , 04:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DakhathKilrathi View Post
Does your mouse support multiple DPI settings? I've found that it's helpful to have one setting for using my BLC/pods scout and another setting for everything else. You definitely want a lower DPI for BLC if you're struggling to aim it still.

I'm personally at 1300 for BLC and 1700 for everything else but this may be a bit on the high side for most people.
No, my mouse is very basic. As is my lemon PC with two cores and under 3ghz processing power.

Strangely enough, GSF runs quite smoothly, pretty much always 60fps outside of Lost Shipyard. But Warzones run at single digits usually.

DakhathKilrathi
05.12.2019 , 06:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Loadsamonie View Post
No, my mouse is very basic. As is my lemon PC with two cores and under 3ghz processing power.

Strangely enough, GSF runs quite smoothly, pretty much always 60fps outside of Lost Shipyard. But Warzones run at single digits usually.
Yeah, that sounds about right. GSF performs better in general. Even so, you might want to try tweaking mouse sensitivity a little bit to see if you can find something that works better (if you haven't done so already). You won't be able to swap settings but you might find something that just feels right anyway.

Krixarcs
05.19.2019 , 07:38 AM | #17
long story short u always want to take range on rocket pods and always want to take as many cluster missiles as u need which means double volley on some build or single volley on some other builds

Twitch
| YouTube
Premier T2 Gunship Ace
1v1 Scout Dogfighting Champion