The one thing stopping me....

Invidisus

Yeah I'm having second thoughts about my Sentinel. I started Early Access yesterday and got to 14. Besides leap it seems to lack mobility, even wtih sprint. I got knocked back by other classes in PvP more then I can knock/stun/imoblize:(

I think just need to play more and not cry moar. Some games I still get the kills going, especially in beta. I think it'll pick up in higher levels for PvP. Just seems they give the other classes more control abilities then the Sentinel earlier on.

If you spec rage tree...which i really think is the more pvp oriented tree you will receive Zealous leap which will allow you to gap close as well. And then remember force camo later. You get some snares as well.

Pretty much everyone knows guardians and sentinals are kinda meh in pvp until after 30. Its just like wow....duel a hunter at level 14 with any class and u will get rocked. Wait till end game and you will be just fine.

I on the other hand just cant seem to let go of force push....ughhhhh

How does that make sense?

Because Sentinels have to cut through a lot of CC's, stuns, knockbacks, sleep darts, lightening bolts and kiting to get a target into melee range, so a special that launches the target back out of reach again is counter productive.

Because Sentinels have to cut through a lot of CC's, stuns, knockbacks, sleep darts, lightening bolts and kiting to get a target into melee range, so a special that launches the target back out of reach again is counter productive.

And it makes sense for the guardian how?

Force push, pull and Lightsaber throw are key jedi abilities that should be core for the knight.

And it makes sense for the guardian how?

Force push, pull and Lightsaber throw are key jedi abilities that should be core for the knight.

Because Guardians have a baseline skillset structured towards group support and mob managment with a more defensive lean (even in their DPS spec), rather than Sentinel's baseline skillset which is built around single target melee DPS, snares and "panic button" style defense. Push allows a Guardian to get immeditate pressure off of himself while tanking and get targets off of his allies.

I was excited about Sentinel from the beginning. Then I read that they took away Saber Throw and they don't get Force Push. I played a Shadow in the beta and really enjoyed that. If Shadows dual-wielded it would be the perfect class for me. The only reason I will play a Sentinel is because they have two lightsabers.

I was excited about Sentinel from the beginning. Then I read that they took away Saber Throw and they don't get Force Push. I played a Shadow in the beta and really enjoyed that. If Shadows dual-wielded it would be the perfect class for me. The only reason I will play a Sentinel is because they have two lightsabers.

I seriously wouldn't base your class choice on the fact that sentinels use two lightsabers, the novelty is gonna run out pretty quickly and you are stuck with the class. An yes, as other posts have stated the class starts to shine more and more in pvp post 30 and is (apparently) a beast at 50