Concealment Op PVP guide

AngelofCain

Just some thoughts on Op PVP. Some people asked for me to write a guide or strongly hinted at it. If you see an issue to it post or bring it up to me in game. I don't do this for a living. So this is a crude attempt.

Concealment Operative pvp:

Gear:

16 War hero pieces not including your enforcer armorings.

3 wh Field tech pants for Power mod

3 Wh Weaponmaster gloves for crit enhancement

2 Force-mystic gloves For power enhancement

3 enforcer boot for crit mod.

This is just for basic gear optimization.

Armorings 3 PVP and 2 piece PVE, split however you like. you want that 15 percent crit off of it for almost 70 percent crit on Backstab.

Nitty gritty details:

35 percent crit self buffed

at least 1100 expertise

My current gear grind build: finished result 6 pieces away from my complete min/max: This is not my look, just my gear set up

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/2481b3b4-411c-4051-98e9-51ba356e41cc

Then as much Power as you can cram onto your armor, with respect to the 35 percent self buffed crit mark.

My Pvp Build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZMIMkddkdGRZhr.2

With this build Debillitate's Cooldown is exactly as long as explosive probe. (use it to make someone's day bad)

Rotation: (from stealth)

Acid Blade, Hidden strike, Shiv, Debillitate, cover, probe, back stab, lacerate lacerate, shiv, whatever required to win after that.

You want at least 1 Tactical advantage to get the 2% dmg buff.

Now we as operatives know that stealth is our biggest Advantage in any war zone, but in my opinion it is also our greatest weakness. As a operative you should be as comfortable fighting out of stealth as opening from stealth. What you are insane Hallow!!! damn right I am. Just take a few days, do warzones only stealthing only when you need too. Learn to use your debillitate and probe together as a opener in mid combat with Backstab with Acid blade to set it off. Plus without stealth it forces you to use your Defensive cd's better otherwise you will die fast and horrible. Use Cloaking Screen only as a last resort. Challenge yourself to be better.Now that's just my basic Idea for learning to play the operative.

Rotation: (opening out of stealth)

Debillitate, Probe, Backstab, shiv, continue from lacerate.

Every class has a weakness.

Assassins: Can be a pain, but if you have learned to fight unstealthed it's fairly straightforward from there. ( Side note: (just learned this cause I am special) Overload Shot works through Force Shroud. When they go all Fabulous!!!!( shiny yellow or whatever) just overload shot and Boom!!! 2k crits continues.)

Marauders: Evasion is your best friend, wait for their stacks on you to be full, pop evasion and continue kicking ***. (sidenote: Toxin scan removes their dots. Mine is macroed to shift spacebar)

P/ts: Shield probe first and Toxin scan is your friend. they still hit really hard if you aren't careful.

Juggs: see above for p/ts.

Mercs Interrupt their grav rounding whatever and it's easy mode from there.

Snipers: this one can be a bit tricky, if they are entrenched, But otherwise evasion if your best friend.

Healers: mmmmm, my bread and butter. There are always healers claiming to be unkillable and that is fine. Just remember if you keep hurting them, interrupting their heals, preventing them from healing their team, that is a win in your column not theirs. For a operative, ego should not be in the way. You are mathematically not going to push the numbers of other classes, but you can be the most annoying god awful thing to run into ina warzone. Let the healers think that you can't kill them, cause let's face it with our energy regen sometimes you can't. But you can keep them occupied so their team mates get torn to shreds. THis is especially true in rateds.

Use the field to your advantage, if you can't do 2v1 wait for someone to get careless, or eager to join the fight. They usually end up getting antsy guarding a node. Strike then strike hard and strike fast.

Sever tendon: (sidenote) Talent sever tendon works through resolve, they can't move for two secs, and typically when people can't move on the field they think they are stunned. So continue kicking ***. I love using it to pin people in fire pits the debillitating them. if the fire is going to go off, wave good bye to them and continue on your way.

Double CC and choosing cc targets: So I don't usually double cc a single target but ccing someone for a 2v1 is a helpful idea. Now from experience and watching a lot of people ccing or trying to cc, don't seem to realize that ccing a tank, who has guard on a healer, will have their cc broken when said guard takes damage. I watch a lot of fights that start out in favor of the stealthy, but then have their cc target disrupted by their choice in cc targets. Yes it's a tank, yes it may take a few moments, but cc the healer kill the tank, and interrupt the healer when their resolve bar is full. Win the fight if possible, when the cc is finished on the healer, usually by this point the jugg tank in this instance will have shoved you away from node, flashbang him and get to work on the healer. Sin tanks are harder because you have to find them. Concept is the same but sometimes you have to just let the sin tank open on you, cause in the beginning its not going to hurt much, just blow your ccs and defensive cd's, just keep hitting the healer. Dps and healers can be easier or harder depending on the dps and how fast you can kill the dps or healer.

Edited by AngelofCain

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done post.

I particularly liked what you had to say about out of stealth combat. I find so many bad Ops and Scrappers that just can't do it.

I just started a lowbie on POT5 and was just glancing at the forums and came across this guide. Good deal.

out of combat stealth is actually one of the most fun things on a Operative. Cause if you just run up to someone and just start stomping them, it makes people panic. cause sometimes You just have to pretend you are a wearing a dinosaur costume!!! (something positive, comic reference, Don't know it go read!)

http://www.somethingpositive.net/2011archive.shtml

out of combat stealth is actually one of the most fun things on a Operative. Cause if you just run up to someone and just start stomping them, it makes people panic. cause sometimes You just have to pretend you are a wearing a dinosaur costume!!! (something positive, comic reference, Don't know it go read!)

http://www.somethingpositive.net/2011archive.shtml

this is terrible grammar and makes me sound special in the head. Playing a operative is fun, but you need to always be at least 1 step ahead of your target.

Uhm...Why a point in scouting and one in tactical op? So if everything goes perfectly you will see that other sin/op less then half a second before they see you?

And while I understand the Imp Ed, I prefer Incisive action for pug stuff since running around a corner, getting a quick heal or two off and being able to put back up SB. In a premade, sure I take Imp Ed.

Uhm...Why a point in scouting and one in tactical op? So if everything goes perfectly you will see that other sin/op less then half a second before they see you?

And while I understand the Imp Ed, I prefer Incisive action for pug stuff since running around a corner, getting a quick heal or two off and being able to put back up SB. In a premade, sure I take Imp Ed.

Just after countless fights I find that this for me was the most balanced build. It has weaknesses and such, I just learned to compensate for them.

Sounds good and such, but this was my rated build and I just never changed it. 2147 rating, 149 wins/ 17 losses, I just got bored of doing rateds and my original guild broke up so I just solo queue for fun now. Don't even think about the build.

I am of the school of thought, if it works for you and it makes it manageable for you, do it. IA sounds like a fantastic pug addition to the build. Post the build and I'll toss it up as a viable alternative.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=518995&page=4

for people asking me about gearing issues, power versus expertise and some stuff about cunning (with some terrible math, that people like to come up with) and power versus cunning. This whole thread is interesting, but second to last on bottom of page 4 is where the power vs expertise is laid out.

Well technically I'm a healer at heart :).

BUT! I messed with concealment today and my assassin friend went Deception.

It was rather funny. Good tips too Hallow. And yes he is right people! When he comes up behind me when I'm healing I wanna scream. Its even worse when I see him in stealth a split second before he "hidden strikes" me and I know its coming and can't help it. Anyway good guide.

-Halom

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome guide as its helped me loads, but I'm having a few issues with too much surge.

I was hoping you could advise me on your gear build, ie augments, implants, etc.

Hopefully you can and thanks in advance.

Too much surge? I am rolling at about 78.88 percent surge. When I finish my build I will post it. I am using power augments and I went power heavy. Atm I at at about 976 bonus dmg and 35 percent crit with stim. I am a little lower on crit than I'd like but thats the last 5 tweaks I will be working out.

Hi there.

I'm hoping you could have a quick look at my spec and gear setup and advise if there is anything I could do to make it better?

Any help is appreciated.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/4fb5fe82-996f-47b2-beb1-15e643c81ca3

Ditch the accuracy, and gain more crit. Spec is fine. Just gain more crit up to 35% self buffed no stim.