dps stop QQing about healer/tank medals

Boshlord

I'm sick and tired of seeing threads about how many medals people think they deserve. I will list out mostly all the medals and who is likely to get them and who isn't. The fact is no matter what you play you can get 8 or more medals rather easy

2.5K single heal (healers/biochems with med packs)

5k single heal (lucky healers with surge adrenalene)

75K heals (healer and some dps/heal ac)

300K heals (healers who are moderatly geared/skilled)

1 v 1 kill (dps/tanks rarely a healer can pick one of these up on a low life stragler)

Killing blow (every class should get 1 per game but healers are still least likly due to not constantly dpsing)

10 kills (everyone should I've never had a time where stunning/knocking back was a worst idea then throwing a quick heal)

25 kills (tanks/dps and rarely a healer)

2.5K single hit (tanks/dps rarely healers)

5K single hit (rarely dps)

75K damage (dps good tanks/healers)

300K damage (dps)

2.5K protection single life (tanks only)

5K protection (tanks)

10K protection single life (tanks)

50K protection (tanks)

So honestly of those 15 that apply to any wz dps have access to 8 and 9ish situational and healers and tanks have about 8-10 on good runs so no one should really be complaining if they can't get XYZ medals...

Agreed.

I'm a healing merc, and when I'm spamming heals and the enemy forgets to kill me, I can maybe do 200k if I'm in the right situation, I think 250 is my record. I've only seen one merc on our server who can pop 300k. I really wish they had a 150k healing medal, for purely selfish reasons. :) Honestly, if I'm doing that, I'm not getting any other medals, really.

I may need to l2p, of course. I'm open to feedback. :)

6 medals is a really good battle for me, usually Voidstar affords me DFA and healing opportunities so I can get some of the damage/kill medals. But I don't see healers needing any less medals, that's for sure.

And I'd like to personally give any tank who protects me or gets a guy off me a medal. I'd pin it on your damn chest myself if I could.

Yeah, I'm not concerned about healing/tank medals as an Assault Commando. The only healing medal I get on a regular basis is for the 2.5k heal, usually cast on myself. If I wanted healing medals, I'd be a Combat Medic. Edited by shinobitsn

Agreed.

I'm a healing merc, and when I'm spamming heals and the enemy forgets to kill me, I can maybe do 200k if I'm in the right situation, I think 250 is my record. I've only seen one merc on our server who can pop 300k. I really wish they had a 150k healing medal, for purely selfish reasons. :) Honestly, if I'm doing that, I'm not getting any other medals, really.

I may need to l2p, of course. I'm open to feedback. :)

6 medals is a really good battle for me, usually Voidstar affords me DFA and healing opportunities so I can get some of the damage/kill medals. But I don't see healers needing any less medals, that's for sure.

And I'd like to personally give any tank who protects me or gets a guy off me a medal. I'd pin it on your damn chest myself if I could.

If I solely focus on healing 300k (in full champ) is no longer the slightest issue for me assuming there is 300k to heal. Usually I try for the 75k and 25kills medals and sacrifice healing down to 200-250k or on a really good match I'll still hit 300k.

As of now, I have been consistently hitting 5 medals, and up to 8 medals if I am in a pre-made or we are just rolling the other team.

medals I can earn if I do well:

2.5k heal

5k heal (requires stacking buffs/adrenal/expertise spawn and I only recently started getting this one)

75k damage

300k healing

75k healing

10 kills

25 kills

killing blow

I can only earn a solo kill if, like the op said, I get lucky. I CAN get them, but it takes so long that it usually gets interrupted. I have tried for the 2.5k damage medal but it doesn't seem to be working out just yet.

Edit: I just wanted to add that as a healer for the longest time it was impossible for me to be a decent healer while earning over 4~ medals.

Edited by Rokurion

medal system sucks, it promotes selfish player over objectives /thread

+1

for pure dps class they will never get 6 medals(heal/prot) if anyone think thats fair play lol..

anyways when i see my dps class i do less dps than sorc.. sorc are first dps/heal in wz

how come a healer can outdps a pure dps class and do a lot of heal thats a joke

Edited by Araudry

I play a DPS, but I think healers should earn kill count medals for kills made by the people they have healed in the last say 10-15 seconds. They obviously contributed to that kill even though it wasn't in damage. I also believe they need to add objective medals that everyone working for the objective can obtain for each WZ (especially huttball).

I have been using the SFW item since Saturday when someone told me about it. I was happy it gave extra medals, but really the thing was pretty epic for just healing up between quests in Ilum or after any hard fought fight. It just lowered downtime when soloing, and I will miss that.

In most of the matches I am in I am the only healer now as most of them went dps to get more medals. I can regularly get 500k healing in a voidstar or Alderaan. What sux is I usually dont have time to do anything but heal if I want our team to win, which means I usually get 3 or 4 medals. There should be a way for a single healer to get a couple more medals without having to dps, not asking to be able to get 10/11 medals per match for just healing but 2 or 3 more for doing what I should be doing to help my team win would be nice.

I usually get the most medals in Huttball depending on the match but I spend a lot more time dpsing in HB as I am healing and dpsing about half and half.

Not complaining, I would rather win than get medals, but I think more healing medals would bring back more healers to the WZ's.

When Water/Medpacs gave credit for healing medals, I was able to get 16 out of the total 18 Medals on my DPS Juggernaut. Technically, I could still get the 2.5k and 5k heal medals if I specced and geared correctly. You jelly? :cool: Edited by copasetic

On most occasions I vote for the WZ healers.

almost every wz ppl vote on healer they get 10-11 medals while some ppl like pure dps will never get more than 8 medals and never get vote so they will take much more time than any healer to get rank 60

Immortal Juggernaut:

Almost every fight easy:

2.5K protection single life

5K protection

Killing blow

Not hard, but take some effort or luck (I normally get about 3 of these per game) :

10K protection single life

50K protection

75K damage

1 v 1 kill

10 kills

75K damage

Not impossible, but hard (long hutt-ball games):

75K heals

25 kills

300K damage

To get the 75K heals you need to use your out of combat heal, it takes about 7-9 health bars worth of healing (never got quite there myself the closest i got was 56k).

IMO the WZ medals should be awarded for WZ goals. Scoring and passes in huttball, planting a bomb on a door in voidstar, capping a turret in Alderaan and things like that. The medal format is currently very individualistic and motivates certain people to treat WZs like death matches. How about some team medals for finishing huttball in under 7 1/2 minutes or winning by over 100 in Alderaan. I would just like to see the medal awards geared to team play and achieving goals.

Just roll a shadow you can get every medal except the 75k - 300k healing and 50k defense.

I am only level 36 and I get a minimum of 10 medals in every WZ.

I hit the 50k defense in many matches as balanced jc. Just started hitting 300k dmg with full champion gear... have only hit both once so far though (in the same match). That'll probably change with bm gear

Just roll a shadow you can get every medal except the 75k - 300k healing and 50k defense.

I am only level 36 and I get a minimum of 10 medals in every WZ.

kinetic shadows can get the 75k healing medal, plus every other medal except the 5k hit, the 300k dmg and the 300k healing. Battle Readiness gives the two big heal medals as well.

I'm sick and tired of seeing threads about how many medals people think they deserve. I will list out mostly all the medals and who is likely to get them and who isn't. The fact is no matter what you play you can get 8 or more medals rather easy

2.5K single heal (healers/biochems with med packs)

5k single heal (lucky healers with surge adrenalene)

75K heals (healer and some dps/heal ac)

300K heals (healers who are moderatly geared/skilled)

1 v 1 kill (dps/tanks rarely a healer can pick one of these up on a low life stragler)

Killing blow (every class should get 1 per game but healers are still least likly due to not constantly dpsing)

10 kills (everyone should I've never had a time where stunning/knocking back was a worst idea then throwing a quick heal)

25 kills (tanks/dps and rarely a healer)

2.5K single hit (tanks/dps rarely healers)

5K single hit (rarely dps)

75K damage (dps good tanks/healers)

300K damage (dps)

2.5K protection single life (tanks only)

5K protection (tanks)

10K protection single life (tanks)

50K protection (tanks)

So honestly of those 15 that apply to any wz dps have access to 8 and 9ish situational and healers and tanks have about 8-10 on good runs so no one should really be complaining if they can't get XYZ medals...

Go through this list again and tell me what the 8 medals are for Pure DPS classes/builds.

I count 10 kills, 25 kills, 2.5 damage, and 75k total damage, KB. = 5. (all 5 of which are easily achievable by tanks and hybrids)

300k damage and 5k in one blow being RARE = 7.

1v1? Come on....let's be serious.

Where's the 8 medals for Sentinels and Gunslingers?

The reality is the PURE DPS classes, like the PURE healing classes, do not easily reach 8. Our maximums are not countered by the fact that hybrid classes can reach 75K dps, or 75K healing rather easily.

----

But whatever, this isn't the point really. The point SHOULD be that medals aren't objective based and they SHOULD be.

Edited by thanealpha