What's the trigger for Smuggler Cameo on Nathema?

OldVengeance

I've seen videos on youtube of Smugglers playing the Nathema Crisis. I know sometimes it's supposed to be Master Sumalee that shows up to help Vinn Atris. What specifically is that choice based on? It would seem the choice should be based on whether you used to the Voidwolf's pirate fleet to attack the Republic or not. What about if you picked the Neutral option to get the fleet to pay you tribute and then disperse? It results in the exact same ending as the LS option, except literally one word difference during the award ceremony.

I saw one video where someone who apparently picked the neutral ending ended up being confronted by Sumalee.

But I've also seen multiple reports the Smuggler cameo is bugged, and that even people who picked the Lightside ending still got Sumalee.

I started to wonder if there was some other factor that made the difference? Like, would becoming Emperor/Empress of the Galaxy instead of being Peacekeeper cause her to show up? What about LS or DS points? Siding with the Empire over the Republic on Iokath? Some other combination of events? Can anyone who got one of the cameo's tell me their experience?

I believe the Smuggler cameo is bugged. My Gunslinger is Light V, chose peacekeeper, and in the original class story finished LS, became a Pub privateer working with/for Master Sumalee... and still got her cameo. This bothers me a lot because my Scoundrel is Dark Side, became peacekeeper but in the class story became the leader of a united pirate empire, even got Rogun working for her. She hasn't done Nathema yet but I'm sure she will get the Sumalee cameo because I think that's the trigger-- in the end of the class story, what choice do you make. Work with/for the Republic as a privateer, or become the leader of your own pirate empire. I'm unwilling to start another LS Smuggler and work that toon all the way up to see the other Smuggler cameo just to risk getting Sumalee again.

Triggers for other classes can be varied and subtle, like Knight, Bounty Hunter and Trooper. I don't even know for sure what the Agent Trigger is. Warrior and Inquisitor, OTOH, were pretty clear.

I have heard that there are multiple bugs in the Nathema cameos. I don't know how common they are though, so it's hard to tell whether the video I saw was an example of a bugged cameo. I still haven't reached Nathema on my Smuggler, but I suppose it's almost semi-reassuring to know that if I do get a Smualee cameo, it probably won't be because of my actions in the end of the Kotet story, unless someone can confirm otherwise. Edited by OldVengeance

My Scoundrel just finished Nathema and got the Sumalee cameo. In KOTFE/ET, the actions of my Scoundrel were very close to my Gunslinger; both saved the Spire (from BOTH Vaylin and then from Kaliyo), both chose Peacekeeper endings... Although my Scoundrel ended up helping the Empire in the Iokath story, but I'm sure that's not the trigger, because Sumalee specifically chews you out over becoming the leader of a pirate syndicate.

In fact, the only trigger that I KNOW, for certain, is directly tied to the Iokath storyline, is the Trooper. All the others, I'd swear are tied to the end of Chapter 3 of the class story. In fact, as far as I can tell, the Jedi Consular only has one available cameo and as such, there is no trigger for them. I can furnish the list of triggers I've learned, on request, although as you said, several of them might be bugged.

My Scoundrel just finished Nathema and got the Sumalee cameo. In KOTFE/ET, the actions of my Scoundrel were very close to my Gunslinger; both saved the Spire (from BOTH Vaylin and then from Kaliyo), both chose Peacekeeper endings... Although my Scoundrel ended up helping the Empire in the Iokath story, but I'm sure that's not the trigger, because Sumalee specifically chews you out over becoming the leader of a pirate syndicate.

In fact, the only trigger that I KNOW, for certain, is directly tied to the Iokath storyline, is the Trooper. All the others, I'd swear are tied to the end of Chapter 3 of the class story. In fact, as far as I can tell, the Jedi Consular only has one available cameo and as such, there is no trigger for them. I can furnish the list of triggers I've learned, on request, although as you said, several of them might be bugged.

I'm assuming your two smugglers chose the same option at the end of the Smuggler story?

The Jedi Consular has a second cameo that I think is based on the Light vs Dark points. Darkside Consulars get Gaden-Ko

• 1 month later...

No. My gunslinger chose light side ending, staying a Republic privateer. That toon SHOULD have gotten the cameo from the Voidwolf's daughter. My scoundrel chose to become the leader of her own pirate syndicate, and her having Sumalee was the correct cameo.

I found a Youtube video showing all cameos and the triggers:

Jedi Knights who are LS at the end of the class story get a former Hand of the Emperor. If DS at the end of the story, the Knight gets Master Kiwiiks.

LS Jedi Consulars get Sophia (I forget her last name). You filled in the DS cameo, Gaden-Ko.

Troopers who side with the Republic during the Iokath story get an Imperial rival of General Rakton. Those who side with the Empire get General Garza.

We've just gone over the Smuggler cameo hahaha.

Sith Warriors who killed Darth Baras during the class story get Darth Ravage. Those who spared Baras, get Baras himself.

Sith Inquisitors who let Khem Val defeat Darth Zash for control of Khem Val's body at the end of the class story get Darth Zash. Those who helped Darth Zash win, get Khem Val.

Bounty Hunters who killed or carbonite-froze the Chancellor for Darth Tormen, get the former Chancellor's widow. Those who killed Tormen, get his former apprentice.

Imperial Agents who do not become double agents for the Republic at the end of the class story, get an SIS senior agent for the cameo. Those who DID become double agents, get Shara, ex-Watcher Two / Keeper.

So in essence, all characters except the Trooper, have a cameo based on actions at the end of the class story. The Trooper alone, has a trigger based on actions during the Iokath story.

Edited by HollyUSEC