Ashara's affection

ScaryMonster

Hello, I was wandering is my companion's affection bugged. Currently, my affection with Ashara is around 1600, and I had only a few dialogues so far. In addition every gift seems to give little affection gain compared to other companions (+24, +26 rarely +40 etc compared to +54 with Talos while he had 0 affection with me). I saw that there were some people complaining about issues with this companion.

At level 41 i have 6k affection with her. When you reach hoth she will be liking alot more of what you pick. regarding the gifts is that when you reach the first affection level at 2k she will love courting gifts as compared to before the 2k mark she will get 0 from it. there are sites that will tell you what she likes before and after the 2k mark.

Hello, I was wandering is my companion's affection bugged. Currently, my affection with Ashara is around 1600, and I had only a few dialogues so far. In addition every gift seems to give little affection gain compared to other companions (+24, +26 rarely +40 etc compared to +54 with Talos while he had 0 affection with me). I saw that there were some people complaining about issues with this companion.

As I've only levelled an Inquisitor past 20, my experiences will be confined to that.

I milk conversation gain like crazy - I spacebar/esc to try and find the optimal conversation path to get me max affection while still getting me only DS points.

I've noticed a trend - the planet you acquire a companion will have zero to near-zero affection gains from conversations - besides, of course, the quests that specifically involve them. I tried to take Andronikos Revel around Tattooine, every dialog I did wouldn't please him at all, so each time I'd give up the conversation, drag Khem out, and do it with him, getting Khem affection. I'd begun to think he was bugged. However, as soon as I hit Alderaan, bam, conversations give rep with him.

Same thing happened again with Ashara on Taris, nothing from conversations. It also seemed this applied to Quesh, but that's a miniature planet anyway. As soon as I hit Hoth, though, there's plenty of affection to be gained from conversation.

I suspect (though I have not confirmed) that they didn't program in affection gains on the planet where you first acquire a companion. When you get to Hoth, you'll be rolling in Ashara affection, I promise (assuming you do things that please her).

As for gifts, there are three categories to affection gain for those like (slight gain), love (moderate gain), favorite (large gain). Ashara has no love/favorite gifts, she's only got likes. It sucks.

Ashara (and some others, I noticed it with Talos as well) seem to be bugged, sometimes I'm not getting the Affection gain I should judging from the dialogue options I chose (eg, if all the +/-affections add up to, say, +120 by the end, I often get NONE on quest handing). this is especially obvious with the private chats you ahve on the ship (I had one yesterday that should have given +120, I got nothing)

However for me this isn't constant, sometimes I do get what I should, sometimes I don't, this can be in the same play session sometimes with only a few minutes inbetween.

Also something I noticed is that sometimes you will get different affection gain/loss for picking the SAME dialogue option if you redo a dialogue. Eg, the FIRST time you do it they don't (seem) care about you doing something they should object to, but when you cancel out and do it again you suddenly get -120 for that same option. I obviously can't know if it's just a display bug as I can't hand in the same quest multiple times (and leveling another sorcerer to lvl47 isn't high on my todo list right now ;)).

I also sometimes seem to be gaining affection I shouldn't be getting, this might just be my imagination but I often switch companions to maximize my affection gain based on the choices I choose to make (oh, this is something Ashara is gonna like, cancel dialogue, grab her, redo dialogue), but if I did that dialogue before with, say Khem Val and got +15 it seems I sometimes get that +15 even though I didn't do the entire convo with him (though I'm far from certain this happens, but it appears to me like it does, the previous issues I am sure of though)

Now I have another strange situation. On her portrait in the bottom left corner is communicated that she wants to talk to me on the board of my ship... but no dialog occurs on my ship, and she hasnt got a quest mark above her head.

I'm having the exact same issue.

She is not bugged 0-2k is supposed to be tough for her. She's struggling with being Jedi and working with a Sith. After 2k and flirting options you can give her courting gifts which boost her fast. Also after 2k she gains normal affection from gifts.

I stuffed vendor bought rank 1 gifts down her throat for 24 affection until the 2k mark after which she moved on to only gaining 12 affection. *sigh* I can buy the more expensive rank 2 gifts but it's still only 24 affection. A rank 2 blue I got from the auction house only gave 40.

I do not have the option of flirting with her as I'm a female character.

I don't particularly want to run with her out in my conversations so this is going to be annoying and expensive.

There does seem to be a bug with the companion UI that displays the ship icon even when they don't want to talk (I've noticed it with all companions). However, if you right click on them to get their response dialog, if they really DO want to talk to you, they will say so. If they just give you one of their standard responses, then they have nothing to say.

I stuffed vendor bought rank 1 gifts down her throat for 24 affection until the 2k mark after which she moved on to only gaining 12 affection. *sigh* I can buy the more expensive rank 2 gifts but it's still only 24 affection. A rank 2 blue I got from the auction house only gave 40.

I do not have the option of flirting with her as I'm a female character.

I don't particularly want to run with her out in my conversations so this is going to be annoying and expensive.

There does seem to be a bug with the companion UI that displays the ship icon even when they don't want to talk (I've noticed it with all companions). However, if you right click on them to get their response dialog, if they really DO want to talk to you, they will say so. If they just give you one of their standard responses, then they have nothing to say.

Rank 1 gifts give less affection when they are in the 2k-4k range. There are 5 ranges 0-2k, 2k-4k, 4k-6k, 6k-8k. 8k10k. Those ranges correspond to the gift level you should be giving her.

http://www.oldrepublic.net/261-swtor-companion-gifts-guide-how-buy-your-love.html

Yep, I realize I can give her the Rank 2 gift for 24 each. But if I'm buying the things... I can spend 600 credits and get 24 affection or I can spend 200x3 credits (600) and get 12x3 affection (36). So sadly it is still more cost effective to give her rank 1 tokens.

What bothers me is that she is past this magical 2k mark yet I'm not getting standard rep gains as some people have said. Rank 2 still only gives 24. She did not go up to the usual 54 (or whatever it is) that it should be for a most liked gift. A rank 2 Blue republic memorabilia (supposedly her highest liked gift) only gave me 40 affection.

I guess all I'm saying is, I'm not seeing any appreciable difference for having gotten her to 2k affection.

If you character is female the max you will get is 24 points (i.e. she has no favorite/loved gifts. From 0 to 10000, I did it... though being LS sin helps a little), I hope its a bug and not inteded... Edited by Vesperr

If you character is female the max you will get is 24 points (i.e. she has no favorite/loved gifts. From 0 to 10000, I did it... though being LS sin helps a little), I hope its a bug and not inteded...

Doing the dailies on Belsavis has proven to be a pretty good way to get a load of Affection with Ashara (assuming you pick the right dialogue options), I estimate I got well over 400 affection yesterday. And since you want to be doing those dailies anyway (one of the few ways to make cash in the game currently, with 2/5 of the soloable Illum dailies being broken on my server and the economy turning out to be a bit of a disaster...and of course, daily tokens and free epic mods)

• 6 months later...
It must just be you guys then cuz iv been gaining affection with ashara like non-stop she likes just about everything iv said so far just a couple have not worked but that was me wanting dark side points more than affection, so i dont think shes bugged for me atleast im at like i think 8k with her and im fine so idk what is wrong with you guys