SWTOR Expansions: Where are my other characters? (Non-spoiler for expansions)

Dranexia

!!SPOILER FOR CLASS QUESTS, BUT NOT FOR EXPANSIONS!!

Hi guys,

I'm currently in chapter 11 of KOTFE with my Sith Warrior (seemed to make the most sense for the story). Loving the expansion so far, but one thing that is bugging me slightly is the lack of information on what may have happened to all my other class characters.

For example, from the viewpoint of playing as the SW, what happened to my Jedi Knight (who I am very fond of lore-wise after the class story ended and the expansions began?

Same question goes for the JC, TR, SM, SI, BH, IA.

Darth Nox seemed super powerful towards the end of his class story, making it onto the council etc, but there has been no mention of specific members of the council in the expansion. Same goes for the consular.

It would have been nice to hear my smuggler is helping bring the alliance supplies in KOTFE or something.

And I definitely thought I would have heard something relating to the JK since he had interactions with the Sith Emperor in his class story.

In essence, each character's *story* universe contains that character and an unlimited number of NPCs, but it doesn't contain your other characters.

Your reasoning also fails on the grounds that it assumes that you only have one JK and one Smuggler and one Inquisitor and one Warrior and one ... which is in serious conflict with many players' way of playing.

In general, you'll have to rely on headcanon to decide what happened to them in *your* versions of the story.

Anyway, spoilers for my analysis based on what people say in-game:

Agent:

If you're not on an Agent, Kaliyo and SCORPIO clearly (from their interaction at the end of KotFE Chapter X) previously worked together, *for*Imperial/Sith*Intelligence*, but it's equally clear that whoever they worked (i.e. the Agent) for is no longer around in one way or another.

Knight:

Scourge and Kira *obviously* worked together previously, and it's clear that they know T7, and the Knight is mentioned in passing (Kira says "My Master" at one point), but it's unclear what became of the Knight him/her self.

Inquisitor:

Only Xalek and Talos Drellik are available to non-Inquisitors, and (it's been a while since I did their alerts) I don't recall them saying anything special about their previous boss.

Re: Dark Council. The Dark Council of which the Inquisitor was a member is no more by the time Lana breaks you out of carbonite, and we can presume that Darth Noxocclusimperius is one of the former members who are "dead or disappeared", never to return.

Trooper:

Havoc Squad was gutted by the war (Aric stayed, Elara was transferred out to work for Jace Malcom, M1-4X was recruited by the Republic propaganda people, Yuun left to do Findsman things, and Tanno Vik left to do criminal things) and it is in no way clear what happened to the boss (the one who is the player in a Trooper playthrough).

Most of the other returning companions who aren't "original class only" make no particular mention of their work previous to the Revan stories. Note that the "one universe with all your characters" theory breaks down as early as Prelude to Revan, maybe earlier. (See also Doc's companion story during the JK class story.)

Thanks for the above, that was the kind of stuff I was looking for.

I accept that the way I am looking at this may conflict with other people's way of playing, but in my own imagination per se, there is one of each class character that all existed in one universe, and the SW is the one that went on to do the expansion timeline.

If this was a stream series and/or Movie it would make sense that they all be in one universe and same timeline (that would be really awesome)... but in the game setting its just up to US what's really happening.

Then again *The Inquisitor* would be an exception unless he/she is divided in 3 different characters on that time line as they though similar in power, martial prowess and intelligence... are clearly different people.

Maybe they started all together as slaves or they are represented as your early slave companions, maybe these mysterious 3 become the Gods/aspects ruling Will of the Dark Side of the force? Who can say but the player who creates his/her own Star Wars Saga.

I really like your idea of thinking as it makes me think of the possibility of a Movie Saga or Streaming Series with so much story, written dialog and different characters... so much to work with in the right hands it could become a great NEW Star Wars if the source material is use correctly, directed properly and is treated loyal that vision, like Legends content is...

Ah but I just happy we all get to have our own little Universe piece in SWTOR mmo... that's why I always come back here and sub again and again... (IMO) this is OUR own personal SW story! :D

Opps sorry for the wall post, my SW nerds gets out of control and gets all exited talking about this type of SWTOR stuff... time to reel it in! lol :o

Edited by Zehal

To me it never made sense that my characters existed within the same story (universe/dimension/sphere/whatever you wanna call it).

The game has a set canon for all classes: Pub chars were 100% light side and Imp chars were 100% dark side, except for the class story you played. To me this means that not all my characters could fit into the story. I've only ever played the jedi characters as 100% light side for example.

To me it never made sense that my characters existed within the same story (universe/dimension/sphere/whatever you wanna call it).

The game has a set canon for all classes: Pub chars were 100% light side and Imp chars were 100% dark side, except for the class story you played. To me this means that not all my characters could fit into the story. I've only ever played the jedi characters as 100% light side for example.

The game does NOT have a set canon. When the classes other than the ones you are playing as are referred to, the details are deliberately kept vague so as not to contradict choices you made in the others. This is the entire reason it took Khem Val and Jaesa Willsaam so long to return. (And presumably, why BioWare gave up on trying to implement them for everyone and only made them available for their respective classes.)

Edited by rashencyberspeed