Jedi Knight/Consular planet missions

Dranexia

Hi all,

I'm currently levelling both a Jedi Knight and a Consular at the same time, switching between the two as I progress. In an RP sense for me they are of a similar age and their stories are occuring simultaneously.

I want to complete each planet story quest arc, but only one time. So I will split the planet stories between the two characters.

That leads me to my question. From an RP viewpoint and nothing else, which planetary story arc suits which Jedi character from Coruscant onwards? I've read that the Voss story for example makes more sense as a consular but I can't find much more information.

I haven't completed any LS planet story arcs or the JK/JC story arcs before, so please I would just like a spoiler free rundown of which planets to complete with which character.

Thankyou :)

I haven't completed any LS planet story arcs or the JK/JC story arcs before, so please I would just like a spoiler free rundown of which planets to complete with which character.

Pretty much all planetary story arcs on both factions offer some light and dark choices, unless by "LS" you mean "Republic". (Nothing stops you darking-out everything on a Pubside character, nor lighting-out everything on an Impsider, and Light-concentrated Sith Warrior offers a fascinating alternative to the usual goggly-eyed maniac version of the Sith stories.)

I haven't done most of them for a while now, but:

* Coruscant's story is somewhat more "negotiation" than "fighting", so might be better on a JC. Pick it up *after* you do the Black Sun / Old Galactic Market segment of the class story from the Senator in the room halfway up the right-hand side (looking into the hall from the entrance) of the main hall in the Senate Tower.

* Taris (the chain begins with the young man and his sister haranguing a soldier outside the spaceport) involves a mix of negotiation and fighting, although like Coruscant one, there's probably more negotiation than fighting.

* Nar Shaddaa is fairly mixed, if memory serves.

* Tatooine involves a *lot* of fighting.

* Alderaan is similar, although the early part is a bit negotiate-y.

* Balmorra is like Tatooine, mucho fighting.

* Both classes must *take* Quesh's <Story Arc>, even if you only complete it on one side. (Er, if you don't take it, you can't get down to the surface of Quesh.)

* Hoth? I don't remember it enough, sorry.

* Almost everything you do on Belsavis involves a lot of fighting because the local population is singularly unwilling to negotiate with people working for the Republic.

* Voss's story, like most things on Voss, involves negotiating with the Voss and fighting the Gormaks.

* Corellia is a war zone. Fight, fight, fightety-fight.

Alternatively, play them on both characters and try different variations of dialogue choices.

• 4 weeks later...

Difficult to do this without spoilers, but, essentially, if you really want to do it in a thematically sensible way, I would say to do Knight planetary quests on Act One, Consular on Act Two, then Knight on Belsavis, Consular on Voss, Knight on Corellia.

Reasons spoilered below:

Act One, your Knight is hunting superweapons, but also training your Padawan, and as a Knight of the Republic, that would include helping out. Your Consular has a unique ability and a unique, pressing mission.

Act Two, your Knight has a unique and secret mission which would merit a low profile, whilst your Consular class quest IS to make yourself useful to the people of those worlds you visit in Act Two; doing the planetary quest lines dovetails beautifully with this.

Act Three: Your Knight is aware that carnage on Belsavis will feed the Emperor,so you'll be trying to minimise it, meanwhile your Consular wouldn't want to be randomly brawling with the Esh-kha. Voss, as noted, feels more Consular appropriate, and lastly, on Corellia, your Knight is formally in command of the war effort, so ought to do some honest work for once, whilst the Consular is frantically working behind the scenes to stop all the Knight's efforts being undone.

If we take the Consular as being a healer/diplomat type, then I would say there are really only relevant elements on Nar Shaddaa (convincing the Hutts to work with the Republic), Balmorra (convincing the Balmorrans to work with the Republic), and Voss (convincing the Voss... yada yada yada). As there is a metric butt-ton of fighting on every planet, it is very aggressive diplomacy, and the healing aspect is more "cut, burn, poison, remove the cancer to try and save the patient" type instead of "apply a healing salve and massage the Galaxy into a better place".

The Knight, however, I think fits most or all planets' storylines quite well. The possible exception to that is Voss, but as I mentioned above you are basically wading through bodies wherever you go, so the more combat/action-oriented Knight fits the scenario better than the cerebral Consular.

As far as I can recall, no planetary arc really makes particular reference to its predecessors or gets referenced in class story, does it?

About the only such reference that I can think of, because it jarred, was on Balmorra, a Republic officer sucking up to my smuggler by referring to her as "the hero of the Esseles"... which would be all fine, except that character had never done the Esseles flashpoint, as she was levelling at the time when the ending of that flashpoint was horribly bugged.

Other than that, I can't really think of any major ones. I know there are references the other way - a planetary side quest on Tatooine is caused by events in the Jedi Knight story, and the mayhem in the Dark Temple is related to the Inquisitor's business, but I can't think of any occasion where skipping the planetary arc leads to continuity or ongoing narrative issues or consequences?

but I can't think of any occasion where skipping the planetary arc leads to continuity or ongoing narrative issues or consequences?

I haven't done all of the planetary arcs recently (some yes, others no), but if memory serves, some of them actually pose continuity problems *on*the*planet* relative to one or more of the class stories.

Shining example: Imp Taris (Thana Vesh arc) versus Sith Warrior class story. Both end in and around the Republic spaceport, and it's noted that all the Imp forces are assigned to Hurden's assault to back the Warrior, *and* to Darth Gravus's assault to back the player and Thana. Sorry guys, it can't be both.

l: Imp Taris (Thana Vesh arc) versus Sith Warrior class story. Both end in and around the Republic spaceport, and it's noted that all the Imp forces are assigned to Hurden's assault to back the Warrior, *and* to Darth Gravus's assault to back the player and Thana. Sorry guys, it can't be both.

Oops. Maybe just nobody was quite brave enough to decide which Sith to say "Sorry, I'm afraid you're double booked "

The more I think about this notion of dividing up planetary story though, to treat it like additional class story for repeated playthroughs, the more I like the idea. For instance, on most planets, people are unlikely to really just flag down a Sith to help with their random problem - unless the random problem is that the NPC is tired of life.

Tatooine though, makes kind of sense for the Inquisitor; ancient alien creepiness rather has their name on it, whilst a warzone like Balmorra would fit the Warrior, the hunter would fit right in being hired for various side jobs on Nar Shaada, and the Agent would be a sensible manipulator of affairs to gain alliances on Alderaan. Alternatively, the Agent already has form brokering affairs with the Hutts, so might be a logical fit for Nar Shaada, at the risk of a certain amount of same old, same old, and the clients on Alderaan are rich.

Edited by RowanThursday

Oops. Maybe just nobody was quite brave enough to decide which Sith to say "Sorry, I'm afraid you're double booked "

The more I think about this notion of dividing up planetary story though, to treat it like additional class story for repeated playthroughs, the more I like the idea. For instance, on most planets, people are unlikely to really just flag down a Sith to help with their random problem - unless the random problem is that the NPC is tired of life.

Tatooine though, makes kind of sense for the Inquisitor; ancient alien creepiness rather has their name on it, whilst a warzone like Balmorra would fit the Warrior, the hunter would fit right in being hired for various side jobs on Nar Shaada, and the Agent would be a sensible manipulator of affairs to gain alliances on Alderaan. Alternatively, the Agent already has form brokering affairs with the Hutts, so might be a logical fit for Nar Shaada, at the risk of a certain amount of same old, same old, and the clients on Alderaan are rich.

That's a neat idea. +1.