Fun to play! Juggernaut or Marauder??

yesimazn

Hi I'm starting my third character. my first one is sniper, i like it, but got bored at lvl 20s. second was assassin currently lvl 3x, i like it but is the same thing over and over when pvping.

Starting my third char, i wanted to go either operative, (but i heard dps is bad). or Juggernaut or Marauder.

anyways i love how much damage my assassin and sniper can do. I can kill someone in seconds.

Assassin is very mobile

Sniper is very stationed but have a lot of stun / roots that will help

I mainly do pvp, i can careless about pve

Just want to know what should i make? Juggernaut or marauder?

Which one is more fun to play in pvp? i just dont wanan get bored at lvl 30s again.

Leaning towards marauder for the burst.. i might miss the burst i have on assassin/sniper if i went juggernaut.

Hi I'm starting my third character. my first one is sniper, i like it, but got bored at lvl 20s. second was assassin currently lvl 3x, i like it but is the same thing over and over when pvping.

Starting my third char, i wanted to go either operative, (but i heard dps is bad). or Juggernaut or Marauder.

anyways i love how much damage my assassin and sniper can do. I can kill someone in seconds.

Assassin is very mobile

Sniper is very stationed but have a lot of stun / roots that will help

I mainly do pvp, i can careless about pve

Just want to know what should i make? Juggernaut or marauder?

Which one is more fun to play in pvp? i just dont wanan get bored at lvl 30s again.

Leaning towards marauder for the burst.. i might miss the burst i have on assassin/sniper if i went juggernaut.

You're not looking to be be not bored. You're just looking to faceroll people.

Not sure this is the class for you do to the way the warrior/knights are limited in PvP till they get better tools in the 30s unlike some classes that get vital skills earlier. Yes you can be extremely effective and an asset as a jug guarding and taunting although you sound like the type who wouldn't enjoy that as objectives are not noted in any of your posts only kills, dmg, medals..

My first character was a Marauder they are awesome and have a great tool kit for PvP at higher levels. However I realized I like to be able to also support my team as such the tank classes are better for me. Stuff like that you need to decide.

That said it looks like you are rolling through the FoTM classes could just be a coincidence though which is what the prior poster was hinting at I think. I would suggest you watch some PvP vids of each class at different levels to get a feel for them no one can tell you if you will get bored. I would suggest a class that people consider up and try that if you get bored easily.

Recap - watch different lvl PvP vids of the classes and decide for yourself

Not sure this is the class for you do to the way the warrior/knights are limited in PvP till they get better tools in the 30s unlike some classes that get vital skills earlier. Yes you can be extremely effective and an asset as a jug guarding and taunting although you sound like the type who wouldn't enjoy that as objectives are not noted in any of your posts only kills, dmg, medals..

My first character was a Marauder they are awesome and have a great tool kit for PvP at higher levels. However I realized I like to be able to also support my team as such the tank classes are better for me. Stuff like that you need to decide.

That said it looks like you are rolling through the FoTM classes could just be a coincidence though which is what the prior poster was hinting at I think. I would suggest you watch some PvP vids of each class at different levels to get a feel for them no one can tell you if you will get bored. I would suggest a class that people consider up and try that if you get bored easily.

Recap - watch different lvl PvP vids of the classes and decide for yourself

He needs to be concerned with Objectives more otherwise he's a deadweight in PvP. anyways Marauder is very awesome at PvP. Any of the specs can be played in PvP with decent ease. I would say Anni Marauder is the way to start then work your way to Rage Mara till 45 when you have to pick what you want to truely play.

The thing about fun is that it's subjective. We can't really tell you which one you will enjoy more. Personally I prefer juggernaut, but in pvp I care way more about objective play than my numbers. When it comes to objective play + team play juggernaut is tough to beat. And that said juggs can put up impressive numbers as well.

Marauder is certainly enjoyable when it comes to taking opponents down with ease (it's seriously an easy class, don't let people pretending it's tough fool you) but it doesn't really shine in my preferred play style compared to juggernaut.

Edited by Mordeguy

• 2 years later...

After level 30, Maras are probably the best at melee dps, seeing as you like facerolling, in order to not be deadweight with a Mara is to stick to the enemy team's healer, while making sure you're also getting healed, because while you're damaging their main source of not dying, you become an objective. After they're down, jump on to their nearest dps attacking your tank.

But honestly before you become a Mara, you're gonna have to think if you actually want to role as one. Unlike the guy above me, 70% of swtor still has trouble with playing as a mara/sentinel. Honestly learn your combos on a juggernaut forst and then switch over to mara.