what do you want in the ea battlefront

i would like to know what the community wanted to return and to be added to the next battlefront.

i would like to see return is:

1. the hunt game mode and for it to be expanded on

2. the assault game mode and for it to be added to more maps

3. battles that have both space and the planet surface

4. and the third person view

5. to play as the heros and villians

i would like to be added is:

1. a death trooper game mode

2. map edititor

3. the classes from the extreme mod for battlefront 2

4. a training area and a firing range to practice

i will add more later. plz share wwhat you would want to see returned and added.

I just hope they maintain a single player option. Not that I mind playing with other people, I don't, but there's times I just want to get my Star Wars on and I like that even today I can load up BF2 and play solo (I grant the AI is pretty weak, but it's still fun if I shut my brain off.)

- Single Player (better AI as well)

- More variety (and as Wolf said, balance) in weapons/turrets/vehicles

- 3rd person (with 1st person toggle)

- More game modes or improve existing ones

- Better story (though this I'd be willing to let go of)

- Custom kits (imagine being able to have CoD or better customization in a Star Wars shooter)

- More factions (Mandalorians come to mind but I understand this is a tough one to sell)

--------- How about a Swtor era setting for some battles (cause we're on a swtor forum anyways)

Kinda an ultimate wishlist, I'd be happy with even just 2 or 3 of these things.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Honestly, this company made Battlefield. HAS anyone played three? or seen four? They could easily make a killer story for battlefront. Now, I LOVE classic Battle front, and we'll deff have something similar. But i would love to see or follow a story of some trooper. Or maybe three stories.

One TOR era, One prequal era, and so on.

But lets face it, we all want a killer a mulitplayer. We need ranks, upgrades to work for, etc. I'll take whatever the throw at me and Ill buy it, but this is just an idea.

This has been on my wishlist for years.

Smarter AI. AI That takes cover and orders other AI around when your not doing it. I believe the other games did a bit of that to a degree, but not in the sense of what I'm talking about. You also can issue more detailed commands to the AI similar to Republic Commando. Down is go Prone and snipe (Heavy Troopers wielding Repeaters will set up as Machine gunners instead) Up is on me. Left is find cover. and Right is break off. Just a few examples.

Customizeable weapons and armor. I don't want them to go too over board with it like Renagade and Elite, but I want to look a bit different from the average Trooper and by that I mean like custom designs stenciled on the trooper armor, or wearing Kamas, Pauldrons, Macrobinoculars, and the Visor Cody wears. Essentially not a bunch of randoms wearing hodge podge armor that kinda ruins the experiance like example a guy wearing a snowtrooper helmet with the arms of the Flamethrower Troopers from the Revenge of the Sith Game with Space Trooper boots. Essentially I want it to look like something out of a battle in the movies, The Clone Wars or an Expanded Universe Graphic Novel.

And by Customizeable weapons I don't just mean adding attachments I also mean like wielding different weapon types. Like a Heavy can wield a Repeater Rifle (Which is essentially the LMG) or a Rocket Launcher. A Trooper can wield a more accurate long rifle or he can wield a more mid ranged slightly faster firing carbine. Jet trooper class can wield the cannon as well as wield a long rifle for sniping from vantage points though not as effectively as the Scout Class.

Also Gadgets gadgets gadgets. It's Star Wars we have so many wonderful gadgets to work with.

Space battles to be better than ever. The ships should be more layered out for Team based Assault. You can actually fight your way to the bridge while some others fight the fighters outside. Also if the game detects more players inside the ships the AI will fly the ships outside while the players can go commando inside the enemy ship. Don't ask me how that would work not a programmer.

I want them to retire the Dark Trooper and bring in the Havoc Trooper from TFU. Or better yet have the Dark Trooper be a different Class all together. Like maybe a Hero Class. I think a Dark Trooper would make a decent Hero Class that's not too overpowered like say Darth Vader and it's not too far fetched as to why he's on the battlefield.

Also...KYLE KATARN as a HERO. Nuff Said!

Starsquirrel can see why you want costumization and i do to in battlefront, but when they put costumization in the renegade and elite squadron battlefronts it kind of killed the series. i am all for costumization in shooters expesely in the battlefield series, but dice has to be real careful about this for battlefront, but i trust that DICE will find a good way to do it.

- Single Player (better AI as well)

- More variety (and as Wolf said, balance) in weapons/turrets/vehicles

- 3rd person (with 1st person toggle)

- More game modes or improve existing ones

- Better story (though this I'd be willing to let go of)

- Custom kits (imagine being able to have CoD or better customization in a Star Wars shooter)

- More factions (Mandalorians come to mind but I understand this is a tough one to sell)

--------- How about a Swtor era setting for some battles (cause we're on a swtor forum anyways)

Kinda an ultimate wishlist, I'd be happy with even just 2 or 3 of these things.

with custom kits, it is an army that most of the troops have the same Armour or weapons.

Take a look a this, you must know the truth about this Game's Story

It is the same story from Elite Squadron, and i've played it, go ahead, take a look at it :D

i would add more ships to destroy not worth as much as capital, but same properties, i love it when they go down, specially when i look at the alpha video and it not just some explosion, but it actually going down then exploding,

Edited by Connorsan

Space battles to be better than ever. The ships should be more layered out for Team based Assault. You can actually fight your way to the bridge while some others fight the fighters outside. Also if the game detects more players inside the ships the AI will fly the ships outside while the players can go commando inside the enemy ship. Don't ask me how that would work not a programmer.

This too

As mentioned in the OP, all of those things plus maybe a few other options. These are just my "wish list" ideas, so please bear with me.

Space Battles!!! Every Era (including the next trilogy vehicles via FREE DLC....yeah I'm dreaming, I know).

Land to Air (Space) Battles as Free Rad had established.

In addition to having the Hero/Villain class, maybe add a bounty hunter class (I know Boba and Jango were in the villian class in BF2), where you can side with either or a PVE type game play (optional of course).(playable Boba, Jango, IG-88, 4LOM, Bossk, Zuckuss, Dengar, Rodians (as Greedo was already fried by Han) Cad Bane, and a ton of others, maybe even a custom made character.

As an earlier poster had mentioned, having a story line mission but also having the option to play single player or having co-op, basically Republic Commando within Battle Front.

An arena mode. (Wookie vs. Trandoshan, Weequay vs. Gamorian, Quarren vs. Calmari, Tuskin Raider vs. Trandoshan......) a la Mortal Kombat style with or without weapons.

A "Demolition" type game involving AT-ST vs. Rancor, Rancor vs. Acklay, Reek,Krayt Dragons....sorta like a Godzilla:Destroy All Monsters type fighting game.

A mandalorian class in the pre-prequel era (Jango/Boba armor).

Horde mode ( against waves of Trandos, Geonosians , Wampa,Tuskins, Gammoreans., mega bosses: Rancor,Acklay,.....).

That's it for me right now, but I know I'll think of more.

Edited by SilentSolo

I want to see lots of DLC. I want to be able to pay EA money every few weeks so that i can have a different looking starship, or change my lightsaber colour. I really hope I get to pay to unlock characters that are in 2, but aren't in the launch lineup of 3.

I want to see lots of DLC. I want to be able to pay EA money every few weeks so that i can have a different looking starship, or change my lightsaber colour. I really hope I get to pay to unlock characters that are in 2, but aren't in the launch lineup of 3.

you're gonna be so stoked

Something I just picked up on the internet from this article:

Gibeau also mentioned that the new game will have "a third-person component," hinting that the series won't be shifting to first-person a la DICE's Battlefield franchise, or at least not entirely.

This is great news, and a step in the right direction.

I hope they are brave enough to do what they did in the Jedi Knight series and have lightsaber combat as great as that, take the lightsaber combat from Jedi Academy MP and improve upon it, then put it in Battlefront, I would be extremely impressed.

I hope they are brave enough to do what they did in the Jedi Knight series and have lightsaber combat as great as that, take the lightsaber combat from Jedi Academy MP and improve upon it, then put it in Battlefront, I would be extremely impressed.
I dunno, lightsabers don't really have a place in modern first-person or third-person shooters, no matter how well designed. I'd rather the focus be on what Battlefront is about - soldiers. The game mechanics just aren't compatible. That said I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, I just don't see it working. I trust DICE to make the right decision.

I dunno, lightsabers don't really have a place in modern first-person or third-person shooters, no matter how well designed. I'd rather the focus be on what Battlefront is about - soldiers. The game mechanics just aren't compatible. That said I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, I just don't see it working. I trust DICE to make the right decision.

The Jedi Knight series did it well, then again I highly doubt DICE would even consider not putting force users in.

The Jedi Knight series did it well, then again I highly doubt DICE would even consider not putting force users in.
Well yes but the JK series was focused on Force users and therefore geared towards those game mechanics. And I wouldn't put it past them. DICE don't want Battlefront to be the same as other games - but in the end their focus is shooters, not hack n' slashers. The gaming market has evolved, devs can't jump between mediums any more if they are to provide the premium quality that today's gamers expect.

I would love to see a mixture of land and space combat. There are several maps you can download for Battlefront 2 that combine them and honestly, they're pretty great. Also, for those of you asking for an Old Republic era to play in, there's a mod for Battlefront 2 that adds it. The character models look fantastic and it's a lot of fun to play.