Why IMPS are so bad? (PvP)

darthgamer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you solo queued all day and got rolled by a bunch of pub premades? i have no idea who you are, what class you play, whether or not you're any good at it, etc... but i know how frustrating it can be to get farmed by better teams, take forever to finish your weekly, spend a whole WZ rooted/snared, rage about bubblestun, or getting pulled into fire 6 times with the ball, or blah blah blah. best advice would be to make friends with better players, get better, keep gearing, and queue groups in an attempt to decrease the amount of bads in your WZs.

or you can just smash and win the game no matter how bad you are, trust.

you solo queued all day and got rolled by a bunch of pub premades? i have no idea who you are, what class you play, whether or not you're any good at it, etc... but i know how frustrating it can be to get farmed by better teams, take forever to finish your weekly, spend a whole WZ rooted/snared, rage about bubblestun, or getting pulled into fire 6 times with the ball, or blah blah blah. best advice would be to make friends with better players, get better, keep gearing, and queue groups in an attempt to decrease the amount of bads in your WZs.

or you can just smash and win the game no matter how bad you are, trust.

HUMMUS!!! I Love your EXTRA GARLIC supremely spicy Hummus Sweep!!!

Come play dat lowbie imp wit me ~ Krà(that is alt+133)yshawn!

The IMP side is not that bad, it literally comes down to players recognizing their talent and gear and their ability to stun and be aware of said stunning. This game has alot of stuns just spend the time researching the forums and figuring out what your class can and should do and you should be fine most players will not be upset with you even if you are in recruit gear. You just need to play smartly!. SWTOR pvp is not ALL about KILLS.

v/r

Gilgamesh

P.S. if you have questions about to min/max your class and what you should don't hesitate to ask anyone that you think is good most of time they are willing to help!

The IMP side is not that bad, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

v/r

Gilgamesh

P.S.blah, blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah.

!

I really cannot believe you actually said this. Remember that pact we had about drinking and posting? Let it be known to all that you broke it first !

Edited by Krozis

I really cannot believe you actually said this. Remember that pact we had about drinking and posting? Let it be known to all that you broke it first !

It's pretty bad when your own Guild member says you're wrong, Gligamesh.

I think you should kick him from the guild, because that's a pretty low blow. I can only imagine what he says while you aren't around. Orrrrr, he is a just a baddie.

Man you guys are funny, I really need to get into the 50 circuit on my new guys. I didn't know you could change someones words in a quote to blah blah blah!

It's pretty bad when your own Guild member says you're wrong, Gligamesh.

I think you should kick him from the guild, because that's a pretty low blow. I can only imagine what he says while you aren't around. Orrrrr, he is a just a baddie.

I'll have you know you are correct on all three counts. 1) I get kicked out of the guild every second Tuesday of the month. 2) You wouldn't believe how we talk when he IS around, never mind behind his back. 3) I am terribad. Gil carries me on his back through warzones on a daily basis. Why do you think he walks with a limp... wait don't answer that.

Edited by Krozis

The Imps just have a totally defeated attitude right now. I played some over the weekend on my Assassin and its just horrible the way they give up so quick. Hopefully things will change before Illum gets fixed and we get some open world or we're going to be some bored Pubs standing around.

The Imps just have a totally defeated attitude right now. I played some over the weekend on my Assassin and its just horrible the way they give up so quick. Hopefully things will change before Illum gets fixed and we get some open world or we're going to be some bored Pubs standing around.

I dont think its a defeated attitude. There are no "Close" games in pubs, its a faceroll either way. The problem is there are Imp players that just dont get it, use no strategy, dont pay attention to the chat and try to DM the hell out of the server. If you have 1 person DM'ing on your team against a decent team, your toast. That 8v7 makes a HUGE difference. Personally I think the Imp pub teams would be TREMENDOUSLY better if we had a voice chat because most simply ignore the chatbox or hide it altogether. I cant communicate with someone and try to help them out if they choose not to pay attention.

I think Ron Burgandy said it best when he said: "I'm proud of you fellas. You all kept your head on a swivel, and that's what you gotta do when you find yourself in a vicious **** fight."

Keeping your head on a swivel is key, that includes paying attention to the damn chat and not trying to 1v4 a node.

Edited by RefugeASSASSIN

I agree that a lot of imps seem defeated. But; I do really enjoy solo queue, especially when I get a chance to go against some of the real good pub teams like LD50. I hate getting stomped; but I get better every time I go up against people who know what they are doing - so it is still fun getting stomped. The two things I see that imps have problems with are: 1. not enough healers - most of the time I get a queue and I am the only one - imps do soo much better when we have at least two healers. 2. Basically undergeared - I can see the difference when I play my main (op healer) or when I switch to an alt who only has BM gear. Edited by uovet
grammar

The imps do feel defeated at times but I do love playing on the Repub side because of my friends but I do play imp side also with my pub friends. Originally Barbiegirl was my main until I went pub but I noticed imps do lack healers. I will try to be on imp side some more to help with healing and some of my friends came back to imps. I also think dps need to stop trying to farm numbers and focus on objectives too which I noticed some don't more than on repub side. Please call out for incs. And etc. I know both repub and imp can be bad at that. But anyways I do miss imps sometimes!

The imps do feel defeated at times but I do love playing on the Repub side because of my friends but I do play imp side also with my pub friends. Originally Barbiegirl was my main until I went pub but I noticed imps do lack healers. I will try to be on imp side some more to help with healing and some of my friends came back to imps. I also think dps need to stop trying to farm numbers and focus on objectives too which I noticed some don't more than on repub side. Please call out for incs. And etc. I know both repub and imp can be bad at that. But anyways I do miss imps sometimes!

I will try to be on imp side some more to help with healing and some of my friends came back to imps.

Nope :p And I think almost every pug thinks of wz's at death matches, the determining factor in a wz is how good your pugs are at actually deathmatching. The people who completely ignore objectives and try to run into a group and just kill people also tend to have lower numbers than the people who actually play smart. And if the death match mentality is as strong on the imp side as I'm lead to believe, I could understand why healers wouldn't want to queue. A healer is a walking medpack that increases the duration of conflict at a node, but are very bad at solo objective play. If your team is terrible, and you aren't, but you're stuck healing, it's really quite frustrating.

The only part I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on is the 'playing the objectives' part leads to higher numbers.... I mean it -might- but typically that's why Imps death match... it typically leads to higher numbers.

Don't believe me?

-slowing (not killing) at key times in a voidstar gets you wins, not numbers

- watching a node... obviously a thankless job, results in wins, but hardly helps you get the chicks after the match.

- A civil war transition from one side to the other... holding up that transition as long as you can = win. Amount of babes wanting to meet you on fleet after = zero.

- Holding a pass lane, or stealthing for a pass in huttball does not get you a date with Jarrada, but probably gets you a goal.

Meanwhile in all those scenarios an Imp is -typically- killing as much as humanly possible, watching 27 of his closest friends come and leave the warzone because surprisingly he's been quad capped in a game of Novare Coast and can't figure out why because his DPS was so amazing.

I will confess when you start a match and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fistful of 14K Arsenal Mercs with 24.7 Expertise, it IS understandable WHY impside often degrades into this lower level of survival.

Again, not saying you can't have big numbers and win. Heck I've been farmed by the best of them, but typically for day to day play I'd say it's not conducive to winning. Just my opinion.

The only part I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on is the 'playing the objectives' part leads to higher numbers.... I mean it -might- but typically that's why Imps death match... it typically leads to higher numbers.

Don't believe me?

-slowing (not killing) at key times in a voidstar gets you wins, not numbers

- watching a node... obviously a thankless job, results in wins, but hardly helps you get the chicks after the match.

- A civil war transition from one side to the other... holding up that transition as long as you can = win. Amount of babes wanting to meet you on fleet after = zero.

- Holding a pass lane, or stealthing for a pass in huttball does not get you a date with Jarrada, but probably gets you a goal.

Meanwhile in all those scenarios an Imp is -typically- killing as much as humanly possible, watching 27 of his closest friends come and leave the warzone because surprisingly he's been quad capped in a game of Novare Coast and can't figure out why because his DPS was so amazing.

I will confess when you start a match and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fistful of 14K Arsenal Mercs with 24.7 Expertise, it IS understandable WHY impside often degrades into this lower level of survival.

Again, not saying you can't have big numbers and win. Heck I've been farmed by the best of them, but typically for day to day play I'd say it's not conducive to winning. Just my opinion.

I dont Know, I've gotten many of chicks after a perfect day of guard duty.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela