Mandalorians (Controversy)

StarSquirrel

Snip.

If the Mandalorians are so much better than the 'trash' Jedi/Sith why did the Exile beat the hell out of every Mandalorian in the battle circle without the force or her lightsaber. Why did Ulic-Qel Droma, Kun's apprentice, defeat one of the 'Greatest Mandalorians ever' in single combat? If they are so superior, they wouldn't have gotten completely played by the Sith not once, not twice but three times in a row.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it is just your opinion, nothing more nothing less. An opinion which clashes directly with pretty much every canon source regarding this subject. There are so many examples of non-force sensitive users taking down Jedi/Sith that if I start counting them I will get a headache. Not only that but you presume that every Jedi is on the same level with Yoda/Luke/Mace/Obi. From what I can see this thread is about average Jedi vs average Mando. Moreover, as someone else already mentioned Force sensitive users are not just born with all of those super abilities that you are stating, they have to learn them. And some of them never do.

I am not saying that Mandos should own Jedi/Sith with ease, what I am saying is that the average Mando going against the average Jedi has pretty good chances of coming out the winner.

When was I presuming that every jedi are on the same lvl as Yoda/Luke/Mace and all them?

But see here, I think were missing one another. For that I apologize, I wasn't making myself clear. I am not using an average Jedi here, I was more pointing to fully trained Jedi Knights(not Jedi Masters)/Sith with The Force as their ally. Still though 1 on 1 an average jedi vs a mandolorian? Depending on what the Mando has, then yes there is a probable % chance he could win...but this is depending on what he can do before the Jedi or Sith does their thing.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

MANDALORIANS are the true heros of the Star Wars Universe. Sith and Jedi are just weakling cowards hiding behind their abilities to use the "Force" to murder normal people. (Yes a Mandalor w/o armor could still take them)

Any Mandalor could take any member of both factions if the Force wasn't used.

But my real point is that all of this arguing here is mute to the fact that there is only a handful of Jedi or Sith that have the ability to harness the full potential of the Force. Sure some of the many thousands of trained Jedi/Sith use certain aspects of the Force to their fullest but cannot use the rest of it fully. Thus Mandalorians who train in all aspects of combat, have superior armor, tactics, and are faster and quicker are a serious threat.

Mandalorians are not only Better sentient beings for not exploiting power and greed in the force, they accept their fate and are superior because they actually have to fear death. When you fear death you have the advantage. Since Jedi are taught they are superior and shouldn't fear death, they lose the edge that Mandalorians have in a fight.

Jedi and Sith are just the trash of the universe. If they didn't exist...There would have been piece long ago. And everyone would look cool like a Mandalorian too. :cool:

Jedi murder people with the Force? I think Yoda says differently. "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack." But I guess Mandalorians nuking several planets is A-OK.

Jedi don't fear death. Nor can they live forever. Jedi accept death and even welcome it. Death allows them to return to the Force. The Sith fear death. Over several millenia, several Sith have devoted time and study to become immortal.

"Trash" huh? That must be why the Mandalorians have been schooled by the Jedi on several occassions. Living in a Mandalorian ruled galaxy would be horrible. Those who didn't submit to their culture would be enslaved or killed.

I always felt like the problem with Mandalorians is they have no real true Canon anchor.

If Mace Windu goes crazy in some 8 minute Clone Wars animated bit, well it looks cool and if it takes artistic license a bit far there are still three films where he's just canonically correct Mace Windu.

This holds true for a lot of the Jedi/Sith/force user expanded universe stuff. There is a definite propensity among those authors to go over the top with their main characters. Although really that's less about a particular individual being ridiculously strong and more about if you're playing a game as the protagonist or reading a book where they're the main star it appeals to the player/reader to be strong and in control.

The Mandalorians don't have any of that. They've seen the spotlight in a handful of books but are more or less portrayed as pasttense ******es. Even in many of the Kotor games rather than be strong through actions much of their 'strength' is just recollections of 'Well yeah Mandos kicked serious ***, well not right now, but I mean earlier before the game started".

Get a good solid series of media that Features Mandalorians being A.) consistent throughout and B.) doing things in the current tense (rather than simply make references about their ever changing history and powers). And I think Mandalorian hate would die down as it would make them feel more a legitimate edition to the Star Wars universe and less a fanficition ubergroup of perfect antagonists.

Edited by FROIDBUSTER

I always felt like the problem with Mandalorians is they have no real true Canon anchor.

If Mace Windu goes crazy in some 8 minute Clone Wars animated bit, well it looks cool and if it takes artistic license a bit far there are still three films where he's just canonically correct Mace Windu.

This holds true for a lot of the Jedi/Sith/force user expanded universe stuff. There is a definite propensity among those authors to go over the top with their main characters. Although really that's less about a particular individual being ridiculously strong and more about if you're playing a game as the protagonist or reading a book where they're the main star it appeals to the player/reader to be strong and in control.

The Mandalorians don't have any of that. They've seen the spotlight in a handful of books but are more or less portrayed as pasttense ******es. Even in many of the Kotor games rather than be strong through actions much of their 'strength' is just recollections of 'Well yeah Mandos kicked serious ***, well not right now, but I mean earlier before the game started".

Get a good solid series of games that A.) Features Mandalorians being consistent throughout and B.) Doing things in the current tense (rather than simply make references about their ever changing history and powers) and I think Mandalorian hate would die down as it would make them feel more a legitimate edition to the Star Wars universe and less a fanficition ubergroup full of perfect antagonists.

Their canon anchors are Boba and Jango really.

Their canon anchors are Boba and Jango really.

But see there in lies the problem. Jango was cut down handily by a lone Jedi, and Boba while smart and cunning was defeated in fairly ridiculous fashion due to his own equipment. And yet they were two of the best.

It doesn't take much effort for an author to get around that in their own little series. But its' a different beast to try and convince the wider audience of Star Wars fans that Mandos are worthwhile when the only evidence is fringe expanded universe writing where they were gods (and really depending on the author what they can and can't do changes drastically), and mainstream films where they were goofs.

Which is why I think they need a consistent real true canon anchor. I mean Bobas' fate had to get his death retconned to all hell just to even keep him alive, that's not a good foundation.

Edited by FROIDBUSTER

But see there in lies the problem. Jango was cut down handily by a lone Jedi, and Boba while smart and cunning was defeated in fairly ridiculous fashion due to his own equipment. And yet they were two of the best.

It doesn't take much effort for an author to get around that in their own little series. But its' a different beast to try and convince the wider audience of Star Wars fans that Mandos are worthwhile when the only evidence is fringe expanded universe writing where they were gods (and really depending on the author what they can and can't do changes drastically), and mainstream films where they were goofs.

Which is why I think they need a consistent real true canon anchor. I mean Bobas' fate had to get his death retconned to all hell just to even keep him alive, that's not a good foundation.

Boba smart and cunning?....He seemed to me in the movie act like a moron in ROTJ. But your right having a firm canon anchor is good to have.

Your also right on the EU with him. The problem I think, reason why they don't seem to be two anchors here. Is that in the movies, they are shown in one way and in the EU they are taken and turned around in a complete 180 and then shoved in the faces of everyone.

Especially Boba, they didn't need to have him live. They could have expanded on his backstory instead of giving a cop out get out of death card and have him live, just to appease the fans. The authors turned Boba and Jango into beings that they are not.

I'm definitely not a fan of the Mandalorians by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think they serve a purpose in the Star Wars universe. By now, they've at least become entrenched enough in the EU that they're not going away, and they even add a little flavor to your usual "bounty hunter scum".

It's plausible that Boba could live, given that the Sarlaac slowly digests you over a thousand years, and he fell in fully armored. Fine, fine, let your favorite little character live. Whatever.

The issue I think, is when people start worshipping them as miraculous warriors who would conquer the galaxy... if only those pesky Force users weren't stronger than them. Oh, and the fact that the only time they came close to conquering anything was when allied with the stronger and more stable Exan Kun, or manipulated by the Sith Empire... as Kreia said, Revan dealt them a deathblow and it took them three thousand years to die. They always have, and will continue to be, a "has been". Their power lies solely in their reputation and past atrocities.

Mandalorians all the way. I am sorry to the JEDI ONLY fanboys that prefer people with powers. I would rather see a normal person kill a Jedi, or Sith, than the other way around. While I love both the Sith and Jedi, I would rather not limit myself. If in certain books Mandos, usually main characters, kill a jedi its okay with me. Also I don't know why people condemn the Mandalorians for the actions of a few. In our world there are shades of gray. And if your jedi are so morally superior why was slavery still legal in the galaxy by the time of the prequels? The sith got in the way? Who cares how can an organization say they fight and defend all life when they ignore the suffering of millions , just because they don't live in the republic. Apathy. And if someone says the sith prevented them from doing it, well it just means the Jedi are quitters.:rak_03:

As far i know mandalrions are thought soldiers.

Now jedi while very powerfull are still mortal(execpt the emperor but that is bioware godmodding)

To put into comparision:

A shoa-lin monk upon's wich the jedi are based.

Is highly capebol combaten.

Yet a bullet kills them just *** easy as any other person.

Same goes for the jedi/sith.

They are strong and very hard to kill.

But they can be killed if you know how.

In fact hk-47 gave the exile alot of tips on how to bring down jedi.

The main reson why bringing down a jedi is hard is because most people arent prepeart for it.

Example:

How many of us can beat a shoa-lin monk in combat(dont lie now)

Very few i think.

And how many commando's would it take to kill a group of them?

The mandalorions have study jedi for age's learned there weakness and prepeared themself for war agains them.

This is why they are know jedi killers.

Because they studied there enemies.

Example: a sith/jedi often lose because they consider non-force users not a threat.

This arogance have killed more jedi/sith then all other resons combind.

Jedi can be killed by mandolarions as easy as they can by anyone else.

But the reson jedi are hard to kill is the most people never expect to see a jedi let alone fight one.

Example: how many of us are prepared to fight a shoa-lin monk?

I aint because the chance of me meeting one let alone fighting one is close to zero.

Long version short:

Jedi have weakness that make's them easy to kill as do sith.

But see here, I think were missing one another. For that I apologize, I wasn't making myself clear. I am not using an average Jedi here, I was more pointing to fully trained Jedi Knights(not Jedi Masters)/Sith with The Force as their ally. Still though 1 on 1 an average jedi vs a mandolorian? Depending on what the Mando has, then yes there is a probable % chance he could win...but this is depending on what he can do before the Jedi or Sith does their thing.

Now your talking my language :D. Yes a fully trained Jedi Knight should have no problem dispatching the average Mandolorian. As for the average Jedi vs the average Mando, I think it will come down to the individual, you see this is why I hate threads that are average this vs average that. Because almost all the time it will come down to the individual...

In fairness, Jango was cut down handily by the strongest Jedi there was (or at least top two) because his equipment malfunctioned. And I think Boba was always supposed to have been a legendary bounty hunter in the OT, even when his actions don't really demonstrate that.

Mandalorians all the way. I am sorry to the JEDI ONLY fanboys that prefer people with powers. I would rather see a normal person kill a Jedi, or Sith, than the other way around. While I love both the Sith and Jedi, I would rather not limit myself. If in certain books Mandos, usually main characters, kill a jedi its okay with me. Also I don't know why people condemn the Mandalorians for the actions of a few. In our world there are shades of gray. And if your jedi are so morally superior why was slavery still legal in the galaxy by the time of the prequels? The sith got in the way? Who cares how can an organization say they fight and defend all life when they ignore the suffering of millions , just because they don't live in the republic. Apathy. And if someone says the sith prevented them from doing it, well it just means the Jedi are quitters.:rak_03:

The actions of a few? The entirely of Mandalorian Culture is explicitly centered around war, battle and violence.

This essentially makes them inherently destructive. And it wasn't just "a few" who obliterated entire worlds to "provoke the Republic in fighting them" in the Mandalorian Wars.

Edited by OldVengeance

• 4 weeks later...
Karen Traviss no longer writing star wars books has nothing to do about Mara dying.

In an email to me, and which I already knew, the reason SHE decided not to write any more star wars books was because the Clone Wars, in 3 episodes of the Mandolorians, changed the way she created them. The went a whole different route than what she had written and decided to no longer be with star wars. If you can still find it, Karen Traviss actually has a mandalorian language that can found on the net.

Stupid clone wars!! So that's why I never found out what happened to the null arcs. (I really hate the clone wars idea of mandalorians. :mad

• 1 month later...
If the Mandalorians are so much better than the 'trash' Jedi/Sith why did the Exile beat the hell out of every Mandalorian in the battle circle without the force or her lightsaber. Why did Ulic-Qel Droma, Kun's apprentice, defeat one of the 'Greatest Mandalorians ever' in single combat? If they are so superior, they wouldn't have gotten completely played by the Sith not once, not twice but three times in a row.

Ulic and Surik were two of the best jedi in his time.

For example, Coleman Trevor vs Canderous Ordo(Mandalore), Coleman died.

Kenobi vs random mandalorian, mandalorian died.

What matters is the ability.

Except Palpatine later controlled the use of his Force Storm, Sion's will had to be erodded before he could actually die, Luke the same as Palpatine. The people are limited at first sure, but if they master said ability they are no longer limited and while the user may be limited in using abilities in which doing so it could destroy their bodies, it does show that such abilities are possible.

Challenge physical prowess?...Well, lets see here...the jedi/sith still have The Force with them to augment their abilities and are trained in CQC, with all that going for them they should be able to win against any person in CQC. This is proven with Jango vs Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan pretty much mopped the floor with him with Jango getting in one good headbutt.

I always hate the idea of jedi and sith being "gods". I think other elite forces CAN and SHOULD be able to take the jedi/sith down a peg. Why then, did Pong Krell die by clones? Why did the jedi get slaughtered by clone troopers near the end of EP. III? Why did so many jedi die in the mandalorian wars? Wolf, your logic is flawed...