First Female Rebels Character!

Beniboybling

Yeah that's right another thread. I can so I will. :D

Anyway the first female Rebels character! She's a Mandalorian, and seems pretty cool and artsy. Though I'm not sure what to make of her at this point. The other character is a Twi'lek Freedom Fighter and I'll post her vid when it appears.

Now I know there's been so talk about the lack of female leads in Rebels and Star Wars as a whole, so yeah discuss :p

EDIT: The final Rebels character has been revealed,

Edited by Beniboybling

A female mando? That's huge - a female Star Wars character front and center (assuming she is) that's not a politician or jedi. There have been others such as Aurra and Bo-Katan, though they were ultimately minor characters during the Clone Wars run.

The only potential downside is that she's clearly very young, but it is what it is. It does appear this show is aimed at a younger audience, so that's to be expected.

My initial reaction is I don't like the street punk graffiti tagging, but I quickly realized it can be appropriate for a mandalorian given the clan nature of mandos, and their penchant for personalizing armors with various emblems and logos.

She could be of particular interest since Boba Fett is in his prime bounty hunting during this period. A Boba Fett/Sabine episode could be cool.

We'll see, but she looks like she could be a lot of fun. :)

Edited by CaulderBenson

My initial reaction: Oh God, the pink. Why???

Second reaction: This is enforcing gender stereotypes.

Third reaction: She's actually kinda cool, and a unique character.

All around, I like her. I'm not sure how thrilled I am that "sassy" and "feisty" are two words frequently used to describe her, but I think it's awesome that there's a female mandalorian. Boba Fett was arguably the most influential character in the OT, compared to the amount of screen time he got. Every boy wants to be Boba Fett for Halloween. I really hope that every girl wants to be Sabine for Halloween once this show starts.

The explosives specialization? Awesome.

Thank God we know there will be at least two female main characters. Thank God. My fears about this show have been sated, at least for the most part. Still, the pink bothers me.

Edited by Warren-Stride

My reaction: Oh God, the pink. Why???

All around, I like her. I'm not sure how thrilled I am that "sassy" and "feisty" are two words frequently used to describe her, but I think it's awesome that there's a female mandalorian. Boba Fett was arguably the most influential character in the OT, compared to the amount of screen time he got. Every boy wants to be Boba Fett for Halloween. I really hope that every girl wants to be Sabine for Halloween once this show starts.

Thank God we know there will be at least two female main characters. Thank God. My fears about this show have been sated, at least for the most part. Still, the pink bothers me.

Honestly my reactions in a nut shell :D.

My initial reaction: Oh God, the pink. Why???

Its OK people, a member of the female sex approves. :D

But yeah... pink lol. Totally just to sell the lunch boxes. :p

Edited by Beniboybling

I like her :D

Oh. And Big Whoop she wears pink, these characters are meant to be relatable, and it's a kids show.

I don't care how stereotypical it is, the majority of younger girls love pink, he'll, I'm in my 20s and I Love pink :p

Edited by Selenial

So this is what happens when Disney gets their hands on Mandalorians. Would've been better to have Bo-Katan make a comeback as an older, wiser Mando character. I just don't see how Sabine fits in at all with the CW Mandos that Filoni created. Now if she stole the armor and was a make believe Mando like Jodo Kast, I'd buy it.

This takes a huge dump on what used to be a cool warrior culture. How many people would be happy with a spunky, sassy tagger Spartan? A spunky, sassy, tagger Samurai? A spunky, sassy, tagger Klingon? etc. etc.

That's the last Rebels character and the last female character. She's exactly how I thought she would be and I like her. All in all I think they've got quite a good balance of character here and I'm interested to see how they'll be explored.

She looks nice too yep.

Also why is it I'm hearing an echo? I could have sworn we heard

"They lead the Rebels"

So....are they all the leaders? XD

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I like all the characters too. I'm rather surprised at them.

Something I'm noticing, though, is that on every damn comment page for this show people are all like "I hope Ahsoka is in this show!!!1!!". From what little I've seen TCW, she really didn't seem that interesting. What's with all the love towards her?

I like all the characters too. I'm rather surprised at them.

Something I'm noticing, though, is that on every damn comment page for this show people are all like "I hope Ahsoka is in this show!!!1!!". From what little I've seen TCW, she really didn't seem that interesting. What's with all the love towards her?

She grows on you, if you haven't watched the entire series you wouldn't know...

The underlined part is key. Ashoka is an annoying snot in the first season, but she evolves and matures over the next four seasons.

One of the reasons she could be good in this show is that Darth Vader can potentially appear, and Ashoka had become like a little sister to Anakin.

Aside from that, as stated, Asoka evolved into an interesting character over the course of 5 seasons, and she'd roughly be over 30 years old during this time; so seeing her reaction to the Empire and the Rebels could be fun.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Remember, Disney owns Star Wars now. Hence the pink adorable Mandolorian for kiddies. Hopefully Sith won't be butchered next.

Mandalorians have always been artistic–in war and in music–but Sabine just shows it in a different way. And there's never been anything that says "Mandalorians can't have pink armor." Ever. I don't get the idea that "pink is bad because it means they're catering to kiddies by making her adorable!" She blows things up, remember? :rolleyes: