Lost Island HM should have better loot.

From a healing perspective, Nightmare KP is tougher to heal than HM LI pre-nerf. Post-nerf HM LI is on par with Nightmare EV in terms of healing requirements.

I'm glad you agree with me

it is more difficult than Hard mode and Nightmare mode Ops

You need a healer in no less than full Rakata.

The rewards do not match the difficulty level.

Sentinel Marauder advice

Get a tank that moves the boss around the edge of the room. you cannot keep him still if you have melee in the mix. there isn't enough time to get the balls far enough away. stay behind him and help interrupt incinerate.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sentinel Marauder advice

Get a tank that moves the boss around the edge of the room. you cannot keep him still if you have melee in the mix. there isn't enough time to get the balls far enough away. stay behind him and help interrupt incinerate.

It's much easier than that. We cleared it with 4 people in columi with a couple pieces of rakata on our alts. Infact the healer had some tionese still aswell as battlemaster gear. As stated before it is mechanic heavy but not very healing/dps intensive at all.

it can be done in columi gear... it just really depends on a few things:

droid, not at all heal-heavy fight, IF:

- tank interrupts correctly, healer watch out for accidents and cleanse asap

- healer/dps don't run around like madmen, they move and place the bubbles correctly, watch out for environment/adds

Lokin, can be a bit more heal-intense, still doable easily, IF:

- tank kites the boss correctly and avoids satchels

- dps/healer don't stand in one place like cows, but anticipate the aoe timing and move out (healer should cleanse the stacks of debuff frequently)

This FP is not a gear-check, simply a mechanics heavy fight. If you got that, you should have no problems.

Edited by POPsi

Sentinel Marauder advice

Thanks.

The funny thing only 2 times when I did kill the boss tank didn't do that.:D And when other tanks kited him, we wiped faster:eek:

Edited by Gelious

The group in full Tionese (see earlier in this thread) would like a word with you.

There is so much avoidable damage. Super healing is only required if the group doesn't know what it's doing.

Lost Island still isn´t that hard, but it´s been getting harder and harder the last couple of patches. The lag in LI and especially in Kaon is extreeme. I dont think Li should get better lot, but i agree we could use more tier2 FP.

The problem is eventually there is almost nowhere to go to avoid damage. It's easier for ranged classes because they can dps and stay away from centre, so when they catch the AOE they take it farther from it then melee dps who have to be near the boss to be able to perform their job.

Regardless melee have ZERO issue when they have a competent tank. The tank just needs to move the droid away from the AoE and problem solved. I've noticed people complain that this sometimes means moving through the lava, but if your healer is doing their job then that's also a non-issue (it's only a couple of seconds to get into the closest safe zone). Frequently people struggle with this fight as a result of sub-standard healing.

I healed this with my Smuggler in Tionese, gear and BM relics. I think I had 2 pieces Columi.

Ok there was a Sage with 61 Campaign gear which helped with his high damage, but the other 2 peeps wer pretty normal. This was done in 0 wipes accept one for the tank in the first mini boss.

A couple weeks ago I also healed it without a proper tank, Shadow with full Damage gear (hybrid spec) he was going down like a sponge. We wiped twice, one in Robot, and the Doctor i.e. last boss. My Smuggler gear is at the moment Columi, Rakata, and BH belts and bracers.

Poeple give a lot of weight to healers in this FP in HM but the truth is that damage is very important especially in the 2 hard bosses.

As a healer you have to remember that if you keep the group up till they enrage you are doing a pretty good job for that matter, and it also means that damage is the problem.

Damage is very important in the robot and Doctor Leric enconuter.

If Doctor Leric does not become a big Raghoul (3rd phase) before 3 tanks destroyed your damage is not so good. OTOH if he becomes the Raghoul in flames in 2 tanks means damage is good.

Many times I encounter people for this who cannot do enough damage for it, even with proper gear.

This thread is 3 month old now, post nerf LI is nothing now.

Darth Jadus was super hard before 1.2, it's such a challenge to beat him. But should Bio fix it? Yes.

This is FP, if its drop does not match the difficulty, then it's a problem.

You just had to LoS/interrupt his cast, wasn't very hard (note that's pre 1.2 on 2 operative i leveled)

Edited by ElitehunterDS

This thread is 3 month old now, post nerf LI is nothing now.

You just had to LoS/interrupt his cast, wasn't very hard (note that's pre 1.2 on 2 operative i leveled)

Yes I beat him, but he's still too difficult as a act 1 boss, from game mechanic point of view.

Before 1.2 tons of threads are about his bug.

Same for LI, pub need around rakata/BH to beat it, but it only drops rakata chest and columi MH. The difficulty does not match its drop.

Yes I beat him, but he's still too difficult as a act 1 boss, from game mechanic point of view.

Before 1.2 tons of threads are about his bug.

Same for LI, pub need around rakata/BH to beat it, but it only drops rakata chest and columi MH. The difficulty does not match its drop.

Are you still talking about LR-5? He's not an Act 1 boss, he's a Tier 2 Flashpoint boss.

And here's why the current Flashpoint is perfectly tuned:

1. You avoid the lightning AoE while half asleep due to the nerf

2. The 2nd boss is easy to heal through or tank (I healed through it in a Tionese-Columi mix)

3. Lorrik is a challenge if your dps is slack, but he drops a Columi Mainhand and Rakata Chest

Here's the thing, you have lockouts for HM EV, HM KP, SM EC, SM TFB - you don't have a lockout for HM LI. You can farm HM LI for Rakata mods until the nerfs come home, no one's stopping you.

And the red part of your post (I assume you meant "pug" not "pub":p)? COMPLETELY WRONG.

It's been cleared by groups with full Tionese and MK-2 Recruit gear (not sure about MK-1 Recruit gear, but the stats are similar enough that it wouldn't surprise me). I've been in OVER half a dozen pugs with almost entirely Columi gear that cleared it without a single wipe in under 35 minutes.

What I'm seeing here is that people who don't actually understand endgame combat mechanics are thinking "oh man, this is so overtuned compared to HM EV and HM KP! My Tionese/Columi gear was fine there.":rolleyes: Here's the thing, EV and KP have no complicated mechanics, so you can steamroll through them on gear alone and forget about anything remotely resembling skill. Not only is the loot fine for HM LI, but it's actually too easy if they're going to leave it as the only Tier 2 Flashpoint for this long. If they introduce a new Tier 2 Flashpoint then the difficulty level is acceptable, but currently it's significantly undertuned.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE FORCE, someone close this thread, it's obsolete and no longer remotely relevant to reality whatsoever post-nerf:(

Edited by AshlaBoga

Are you still talking about LR-5? He's not an Act 1 boss, he's a Tier 2 Flashpoint boss.

And here's why the current Flashpoint is perfectly tuned:

1. You avoid the lightning AoE while half asleep due to the nerf

2. The 2nd boss is easy to heal through or tank (I healed through it in a Tionese-Columi mix)

3. Lorrik is a challenge if your dps is slack, but he drops a Columi Mainhand and Rakata Chest

Here's the thing, you have lockouts for HM EV, HM KP, SM EC, SM TFB - you don't have a lockout for HM LI. You can farm HM LI for Rakata mods until the nerfs come home, no one's stopping you.

And the red part of your post (I assume you meant "pug" not "pub":p)? COMPLETELY WRONG.

It's been cleared by groups with full Tionese and MK-2 Recruit gear (not sure about MK-1 Recruit gear, but the stats are similar enough that it wouldn't surprise me). I've been in OVER half a dozen pugs with almost entirely Columi gear that cleared it without a single wipe in under 35 minutes.

I mean Jadus pre 1.2.

Sure it's easy to say but hard to do for pugs(yeah i got it wrong, just beat it, too tired), LR-5 got fire aoe on tank, adds and lava issue, it's easy to overwhelm the healer.

The 2nd boss require good heal for pugs plus now this boss got a lag issue during its tower phase.

So what? BH chest beat rakata and KP drops Columi MH as well, you can also take out the offhand's mods and put them in your MH.

What I'm seeing here is that people who don't actually understand endgame combat mechanics are thinking "oh man, this is so overtuned compared to HM EV and HM KP! My Tionese/Columi gear was fine there.":rolleyes: Here's the thing, EV and KP have no complicated mechanics, so you can steamroll through them on gear alone and forget about anything remotely resembling skill. Not only is the loot fine for HM LI, but it's actually too easy if they're going to leave it as the only Tier 2 Flashpoint for this long. If they introduce a new Tier 2 Flashpoint then the difficulty level is acceptable, but currently it's significantly undertuned.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE FORCE, someone close this thread, it's obsolete and no longer remotely relevant to reality whatsoever post-nerf:(

Since you admitted it's more difficult than EV/KP, then it should have better loot, isn't it simple? A FP's drop should match its difficulty.

Edited by Slowpokeking

/facepalm

You didn't full read my post did you?

1. NM EV is the EASIEST NM Op. Saying it is more difficult than Nightmare Mode Ops based on my post is insane. NM Jarg & Sorno do 50% more dps than ANY boss in NM EV (and I've healed that fight in 4/5 Columi). No boss in HM LI comes close to NM Jarg & Sorno in terms of dps. You can check your parser if you don't believe me.

2. Tier 1 NM Operations do not require Rakata. Many ops have gotten "the Infernal" and "the Unyielding" without any Rakata, what exactly are you doing wrong that makes your gear requirements so much higher than everyone else's?:confused:

3. I've healed HM LI without a single person dying (let alone a wipe) in full Tionese, full MK-2 (not MK-1 cause I took the 320k over the MK-1) and found it easy as pie. The other people in these groups? Geared in Tionese without a piece of Columi. You might want to figure out what you're doing wrong that's making HM LI so hard for you.

Edited by AshlaBoga

@AshlaBoga, exactly.

I wish people would post like "How can I do better on HM LI", or "What do I do to heal through Sav-Rak spits", or "How do I avoid damage on Lorick"

This is a much healthier attitude than "HM LI is too hard", or "You have to outgear HM LI to pass it"

What really astounds me are the people that are advising others that "You have to be in Rakata/BH to heal HM LI" or some other silly claim. If someone is BAD at HM LI, they're NOT an expert and should stop trying to give advice.

Instead ask advice from other people who are GOOD at it.

/facepalm

You didn't full read my post did you?

1. NM EV is the EASIEST NM Op. Saying it is more difficult than Nightmare Mode Ops based on my post is insane. NM Jarg & Sorno do 50% more dps than ANY boss in NM EV (and I've healed that fight in 4/5 Columi). No boss in HM LI comes close to NM Jarg & Sorno in terms of dps. You can check your parser if you don't believe me.

Eh, the amount of healing that fight requires totally depends on raid composition and, to an extent, strategy. If 3-4 DPS are ranged, Jarg and Sorno isn't healing-intensive at all. In fact, spent a good bit of time DPSing those two on a healer each week, back when it used to drop comms. If all 4 are melee, you've got some work to do. Especially if the tanks don't get them apart.

Suppose the same could be said of HM LI, too, but I found it much tougher to heal that back when circles drops didn't necessarily use be visible until a bit into the fight for a lot of people. Inattention is one thing, but doing anything with invisible circles is excruciating. If you don't believe me, try moving I think it's swtorartfx1.dat (or something like that) out of that folder and try to beat that droid (which I have, due to file corruption caused by swtor unleashed, which I was using at the time for warzones) or worse, clear SM TFB, which I also did before I figured out what was wrong. Fights excruciating. Used to be that way for a lot of people all the time before the circle thing got fixed.

Now that that seems to be fixed, I would agree that it's less healing intensive than NMM J & S, but only because the first fight isn't heal intensive at all and the last one is only heal-intensive on the tanks if they're out of practice.

Agree with point #2. I don't know if I'd recommend taking a full raid of tionese into that op, exactly, but you can certainly sqeak by with a few. Probably wouldn't be the best idea to take 4 tionese DPS or 2 tionese tanks and 2 tionese heals or something, though I doubt it's impossible.

3. I've healed HM LI without a single person dying (let alone a wipe) in full Tionese, full MK-2 (not MK-1 cause I took the 320k over the MK-1) and found it easy as pie. The other people in these groups? Geared in Tionese without a piece of Columi. You might want to figure out what you're doing wrong that's making HM LI so hard for you.

Recently, then. I did much the same. Piece or two of battlemaster per, most of the rest in recruit or (a rare piece of) columi. There's nothing in the patch notes that says it, explicitly, but, to me, it feels like everything in this op--not just the circles on the one droid--but even stuff like Savrak's damage seems to have been whacked with the nerf bat. Just curious if I'm the only one who feels this way.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

So what? BH chest beat rakata and KP drops Columi MH as well, you can also take out the offhand's mods and put them in your MH.

You cant do that mod swapping if your a inquisitor, wich makes this necesery and also this is easy enough as it is as long as everyone know what to do no need for better gear, also no need for full rdps group as mamy many wanabe tanks say that you need atleast one rdps for this. no you dont

Edited by JymmyMorison

I think it's ok to leave Lorrick there, but nerf the first 2 bosses to the difficulty of the first 2 bosses to Revan and Mentor's difficulty since they drop the same thing.

They may drop the same, but you're forgetting the extra 8 BH coms from completing rakghoul weekly.

It's fine as is.

It's not like "I can do it through full tionese so it's fine". LR-5 drops the same thing as Revan, why should it be much more difficult than Revan? The Project drops the same thing as Mentor, why should it be much more difficult than Mentor?

It's just like in WOW vanilla people can do Onyxia and many MC bosses with crap gears worse than level 60 instances' drop, so they should drop level 60 blue instead of purple or even Tier 2?

It's not like "I can do it through full tionese so it's fine". LR-5 drops the same thing as Revan, why should it be much more difficult than Revan? The Project drops the same thing as Mentor, why should it be much more difficult than Mentor?

It's just like in WOW vanilla people can do Onyxia and many MC bosses with crap gears worse than level 60 instances' drop, so they should drop level 60 blue instead of purple or even Tier 2?

Okay, how about looking at it this way:

1. A tier 1 flashpoint drops 3 pieces of Tionese and 1 piece of Columi.

2. A tier 2 flashpoint drops 3 pieces of Columi, the Rakata chest and Columi main hand

That is fair. It's the fp as a whole you should look at. It's infinitely repeatable, unlike an op.

The first time I ran HM LI for EACH of my FIVE level 50s, I got a direct gear upgrade. That's balanced loot drops. It just is.

If you can't run HM LI without having ALL the gear it drops, become a better player, or ask for advice on strats.

Okay, how about looking at it this way:

1. A tier 1 flashpoint drops 3 pieces of Tionese and 1 piece of Columi.

2. A tier 2 flashpoint drops 3 pieces of Columi, the Rakata chest and Columi main hand

No, Tier 1 FP drops Columi implants/earpieces and Exotech(same level as Columi) as well. Also non SI/JC classes could get the MH mod through Battle of Ilum.

That is fair. It's the fp as a whole you should look at. It's infinitely repeatable, unlike an op.

That would be fair if the first 2 bosses has the same difficulty as Revan and Mentor since they drop the same stuff.

The first time I ran HM LI for EACH of my FIVE level 50s, I got a direct gear upgrade. That's balanced loot drops. It just is.

If you can't run HM LI without having ALL the gear it drops, become a better player, or ask for advice on strats.

Sure I remember some people did MC's majordomo without gears on, so it shouldn't drop good gears at all?

And try to tell the other pug players such thing to see how will they reply you.

I can't tell if you're complaining because you're not good enough to do HM LI without good gear, or if you're campaigning on behalf of other nameless pugs that can't do it.

Most of the people I've met require really good gear to beat it, me, too. It's not impossible to do it with tionese or half columi but people won't give it a try.