Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another "reps suck at PVP" and "Premades ruin PVP" thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another "reps suck at PVP" and "Premades ruin PVP" thread

WayOfTheWarriorx
12.01.2017 , 08:15 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by KreaGaming View Post
So with server merges, is there still faction imbalance in PvP or no?
Yeah, I haven't heard of anyone commenting on their respective servers that they were anything but IMP dominated. On Star Forge it's IMP dominated for sure.

We have a good amount of Pubs that run double-premades, ah le RBL. Naturally given the vast advantage that gives them over IMP puged teams, you will see Pub sometimes doing well from that. Take those same people out of the double-premade and just on pug teams themselves it's a whole different story. Anytime you see Pubs talking smack in WZs you can be pretty sure they're on a double-premade.

That's not to say there are no good or even excellent pubs players, there most certainly are, the classes/specs play exactly the same on either side of the fence, but that might also be in some cases people who usually play IMP and occasionally hop over the fence to play pub sometimes.

There is just more IMPS than pubs is all.

The Darkside is more powerful after all =]

VIZIOO
12.01.2017 , 08:56 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Yeah, I haven't heard of anyone commenting on their respective servers that they were anything but IMP dominated. On Star Forge it's IMP dominated for sure.

We have a good amount of Pubs that run double-premades, ah le RBL. Naturally given the vast advantage that gives them over IMP puged teams, you will see Pub sometimes doing well from that. Take those same people out of the double-premade and just on pug teams themselves it's a whole different story. Anytime you see Pubs talking smack in WZs you can be pretty sure they're on a double-premade.

That's not to say there are no good or even excellent pubs players, there most certainly are, the classes/specs play exactly the same on either side of the fence, but that might also be in some cases people who usually play IMP and occasionally hop over the fence to play pub sometimes.

There is just more IMPS than pubs is all.

The Darkside is more powerful after all =]
have u ever though about working for the NYTimes?.. they need reporters and good writers.. think about it man.. u got amazing grammar skills...don't waste your time on this forums man..

Turn-XGundam
12.02.2017 , 12:35 AM | #83
SS is also imp dominated although it's not like star forge or malgus where pubs never wins. occasionally you'll get a premade on pub side that actually do things and win. your best bet is to play your pub charas when these premades do

TrixxieTriss
12.02.2017 , 02:50 AM | #84
If reps suck so badly, why haven’t I lost a match on my Sent in the last two weeks.
Why do Imps rage quite in nearly every match they start losing in.
Why does the queue stop popping against Imps when reps are winning.

AlrikFassbauer
12.02.2017 , 07:13 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by VIZIOO View Post
have u ever though about working for the NYTimes?.. they need reporters and good writers.. think about it man.. u got amazing grammar skills...don't waste your time on this forums man..
What about grammar eSports ?
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

VIZIOO
12.02.2017 , 02:45 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
What about grammar eSports ?
Glad u brought that up.. this season on a typical day in solo rank for me.. I play about 10matches per day..out of those 4 are with throwers as everyone else who gets them on random queue.. player who as soonest the match starts go to a neutral corner.. sometimes we get them in pairs.. other matches, give or take are with totally ungeared player.. some do their best but is not enough.. as if my merc is supposed to be the Michael Jordan of the team... and my other matches..we win but really don't matter due to so many losses that bring my Elo to nowhere.. need to point that I did started the season late.. so pretty much everyone I know was already set....and that's a typical solo ranking day for most of us.. not saying I would had achieve top ten on the leaderboard but with the current trend any chances of achieving a decent rating are gone.

omaan
12.02.2017 , 02:51 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
SS is also imp dominated although it's not like star forge or malgus where pubs never wins. occasionally you'll get a premade on pub side that actually do things and win. your best bet is to play your pub charas when these premades do
Actually same situation is on malgus lol. There are 2-3 strong pvp guilds on rep side which running premades time-to-time, and winning almost all fights. However, reps are loosing when those guilds aren't running premades

ALaggyGrunt
12.02.2017 , 03:26 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
If reps suck so badly, why haven’t I lost a match on my Sent in the last two weeks.
Why do Imps rage quite in nearly every match they start losing in.
Why does the queue stop popping against Imps when reps are winning.
1: Because OP apparently only plays when the pubs are strong. It does change with the time of day.

2: They've learned to recognize a lost cause when they see one. They do not find "go to node, get focused down and globalled, repeat" to be fun.

3: Back in the day, GSF had what was known as the Harbinger shuffle. Our guild would group queue repeatedly, often as a double premade. Usually the opposition went from mildly entertaining to "how to move?" complete newbies/conquest farmers (or, today, CXP). We weren't the only people who cared how the game went, and when we switched sides to make things interesting, everyone else who cared how the game went would as well and we were back against people who didn't care. See also what happened with conquest and BBB: it used to be a serious contest between several guilds, but now there's no real contest for conquest unless BBB falls apart. Any of us could make a guild with exactly the same rules as BBB (no inactives and conquest quota), but it's obviously not going to conquer anything right away unless new guild magically conjures up a whole bunch of players willing to actually follow said rules. When I got the planetary conquest achievements, I was in a guild which had rules much like BBB's, but they weren't actually enforced, and I actually had spent a couple of weeks offline in this guild without getting kicked from this then-srs guild which wanted to compete in conquest.

TrixxieTriss
12.03.2017 , 02:15 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
1: Because OP apparently only plays when the pubs are strong. It does change with the time of day.
I can only play in Australian times, so I’m limited too how much pvp is now available for me to play. Since the server move to the east coast, a vast majority of the Aussie and Kiwi players have left the game.
On the weekend or if I’m “working” from home (ssshhh), I can get some decent pops every 5 mins, but trying to play at what used to Aussie prime time is a joke. I can queue and confidently go have dinner and come back and I know I’ll still be in the queue with no pops.
I’ve basically given up trying to pvp after 3pm Sydney time. So most of the pvp I do is between 5pm and 11pm east coast time. Maybe that’s the time bracket that favours the reps and not the Imps.

WayOfTheWarriorx
12.03.2017 , 04:45 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by VIZIOO View Post
Well, Professor, not all of us give a rat's *** about spell checking posts on video game forums.

Here's what I'm thinking, I'm pretty sure I'll waste as much time on these forums as i like.

I'm sure you have quite the array of pen pocket protectors in your collection, like most nerds do.