Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another "reps suck at PVP" and "Premades ruin PVP" thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another "reps suck at PVP" and "Premades ruin PVP" thread

WayOfTheWarriorx
12.03.2017 , 05:02 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
If reps suck so badly, why haven’t I lost a match on my Sent in the last two weeks.
Why do Imps rage quite in nearly every match they start losing in.
Why does the queue stop popping against Imps when reps are winning.
Not all reps suck, that's just something that's evolved as part of this game's subculture. The reality is the classes/specs play Identically between mirrors, the animations may be different, but the work exactly the same. I'd imagine most people, or at least a large segment of the player base probably at one time or another has played both sides of the fence, what you can do on one side you can do equally well on the other.

That said, however, there is definately a difference in skill level between IMPs and Pubs, and I quite honestly don't know why that is, it's certainly not all pubs, just a higher percentage than you tend to find IMP side.

On SF when reps do win [and it's not like that's once in a blue moon] more often than not the rep tame was running a double pre-made which seems to be all the rage in publand these days. I can honestly say I have never once seen a double-premade impside. I'm sure it has happened, but it has to be extremely rare as I PVP alot and for a long time now, I tend to think i would have noticed it. There's a big difference between 2 or 3 friends quecing together because they enjoy playing together and hand picking ideal specs among 8 people and using VC while in WZs. Pug pub teams don't tend to do very well, whereas IMP pug teams seem to have more success at it.

"Wearing paper armor", "Squishy as hell", "they're not even using their DCDs" are all things that seem to creep up in WZ chat Impside with some regularity with regard to Pub performance.

While I do see a difference over all, it would be totally wrong to say that all pubs suck at PVP, there are some very good players pubside, there just seems to be a better caliber of player IMPside over all. It could simply be because IMPside has a higher population than pubside by and large, but there is something to it the perception, I just don't happen to think it's quite as prevalent at some would make it seem.

On Star Forge, Imps definitely win more than Pubs do, I just think that IMPside has more skilled players than pubside does is all.

merovejec
12.03.2017 , 06:42 AM | #92
If reps suck so badly, why haven’t I lost a match on my Sent in the last two weeks.
Why do Imps rage quite in nearly every match they start losing in.
Why does the queue stop popping against Imps when reps are winning.
Trixie arent u also from APAc region? If so your play times are way off the prime time of US and you get totaly different ppl in que than the rest.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

merovejec
12.03.2017 , 06:44 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Actually same situation is on malgus lol. There are 2-3 strong pvp guilds on rep side which running premades time-to-time, and winning almost all fights. However, reps are loosing when those guilds aren't running premades
Yes, thats what yi mentioned, they r there, from Prog but I never get lucky in getting them

merovejec
12.03.2017 , 06:51 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
1: Because OP apparently only plays when the pubs are strong. It does change with the time of day.
I knew when to play before, on TRE, but now, its the same all the time. I can only play at 10 pm Central EU time and mostly just 3 times per week, which drasticaly limits my play time. I guess many ppl can play at limited times only due to work, RL etc. So it sucks that exactly during this time the premades are most active.

From time to time i have the chance to login sooner for a brief period of time but its still the same. The only good thing now is legacy UCs, that means u dont need to play rep side and can just go imps and transfer the UCs

Theagg
12.03.2017 , 04:27 PM | #95
The thing for me is that I want to play Rep. sure, I have an Imp character and by and large, pvp there is about even when it comes to loss/win ratios.

Rep though is my preferred faction but its becoming increasingly depressing trying to solo pvp on this side. My guild is more or less dead it seems, so it's not like there is a 'group with friends' option. Solo it has to be and its just a less pleasat experience overall, to the point where the game itself is now less appealing.

I don't really see any solution to this factional imbalance. People prefer being fascists it seems

TrixxieTriss
12.03.2017 , 06:43 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Trixie arent u also from APAc region? If so your play times are way off the prime time of US and you get totaly different ppl in que than the rest.
I think you misread what I said. Yes I’m in APAC, but it’s impossble to pvp during apac times now because it literally doesnt pop since every left over the server relocations,
So the only time I can play pvp is during US prime time, which is during the daytime for me. At 4pm NY time, it is 8am here. So if I want to pvp, I have to play between 8am and 3pm (Sydney time). After that, there is no pvp for me.
Its during the US prime time that I play pvp (when I can) and it’s when I’m winning on my rep toons.

The problem with reps vs Imps has always been the difference between the population size. Therefore, there are more good Imps than good reps, not because they are just better players, but because there are just more Imps than reps.
But since the server mergers, there are more reps around and it’s made it a more lvl playing field as far as numbers go,

There is also another reason reps are winning a lot more now and that is because they have a different mentality to approaching pvp than a vast majority of imp players.
Reps play to win, not death match. This is a fundament difference between the two factions.
Reps have a different attitude to their fellow team mates. They are friendly.
Being friendly allows good reps to offer advice that is listened too by people learning,
Being friendly encourages team play and less rage. (You can always tell when you have an imp reroll or alt on a rep team because they rage and carry on)
New reps are learning how to pvp properly and continue to get better, so their numbers are rising because Bioware has all these systems in place to force/encourage people to pvp who wouldn’t normally.

A lot of Imps have an attitude problem and have had for many years.
They don’t play objectives
They mainly death match and run in gank groups, often leaving nodes undefended. Theyve been able to get away with that while there hasn’t been a big enough rep population to give them enough competition
They don’t have a team spirit or want to help fellow team mates grow as better players,
New players see this and emulate this behaviour and are actually rude to any Imps who might want to help (so anyone who might help just keeps quiet)
The DPS scoreboard is more important to Imps than winning,
All of this means that there are probably a higher percentage of bad Imps vs bad reps. This evens the playing field even more because Imps still have the higher population.

Any fool can death match and farm dps numbers. Good players can do that as well as playing objectives using team work. Put the two together and it = winning. Reps understand this, Imps don’t.
I blame the introduction of ranked arena at the same time as removing ranked 8man. If they’d kept both in the game, we would see less death matching and more objective play.
I find it refreshing after so many years, to see objective pvp make a comeback, even if it’s one sided,

The game will obviously continue to lose players as it has over the years and when we get back to the situation where there are so many more Imps than reps, we will see a reversion to Imps dominating most of the prime time. But until then, reps will hold their own and will often dominate over Imps because they know how to pvp properly.

TrixxieTriss
12.03.2017 , 06:46 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Not all reps suck, that's just something that's evolved as part of this game's subculture.

That said, however, there is definately a difference in skill level between IMPs and Pubs, and I quite honestly don't know why that is, it's certainly not all pubs, just a higher percentage than you tend to find IMP side.
The difference is attitude and the will to win. As I mentioned in my other post.
Imps mainly care about score board data, reps care about winning more.

WayOfTheWarriorx
12.03.2017 , 10:36 PM | #98
The difference is attitude and the will to win. As I mentioned in my other post.
Imps mainly care about score board data, reps care about winning more.

I tend to agree that pubs are more objective minded than Imps.

Personally, while I will always try to help the team Im on win, I'm in it for the fighting. Win, lose, or draw, I can still have fun. Even in objective based war zones, you will always need people fighting in support of those who are trying to attain the objectives, they can't do it alone [for the most part], as a Carnage Marauder I feel there are others much more apt do to varied skills and so I will tend to assume the role of support fighting, some people need to anyways. I don't consider that deathmatching as it's a means to an end. I freely admit though I am more DPS minded. I've never found myself to be all that good at objectives.

The fact is the less members [as a result of being killed] in action on the enemy team, the more likely you will have your team be able to attain the objectives. The enemy can't kill your teammates or strive to complete an objective from the re- spawn point. Additionally some specs/classes are particularly more apt than others at the objective in question. [For example, stealth classes make the best node guarders and cappers].

Best to play to the strengths of the individual.

Jarvus
12.04.2017 , 07:24 AM | #99
I agree with OP. I think premades in unranked PvP or solo ranked ruins the PvP experience for many players, hence all the leaving, or one reason for all the leaving at least. I know it's disheartening to hear the announcer in Girada The Hutt's Arena talking about two teams, "chosen by random draw", when you know full well the other side is a rigged premade with balanced classes in it and near top gear all around.

VIZIOO
12.04.2017 , 09:21 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarvus View Post
I agree with OP. I think premades in unranked PvP or solo ranked ruins the PvP experience for many players, hence all the leaving, or one reason for all the leaving at least. I know it's disheartening to hear the announcer in Girada The Hutt's Arena talking about two teams, "chosen by random draw", when you know full well the other side is a rigged premade with balanced classes in it and near top gear all around.
Its exactly what I keep saying, premades control the flow of things, they fix matches in order for their main toons to obtain the highest rewards.. And that's fine with me, but why ruin the game for everyone else, their main toons are already in a higher position, so why send throwers to control the flow of who's going to continue to ascent and who will not.. Average players are not a tread to premades. We're not gonna achieve the top 5 positions due the random queue, but don't spoil the fun for others, already got what they wanted then let others play..

Yesterday I did an experiment, transfer my main gear to a different alt. First 5 matches were straight win, follow by two competitive looses, could it had gone either way, and we all love the competitiveness among matches, then all the sudden.. Here comes the throwers by the masses. We had to call it a night.. and such behavior happends on a daily basis.. My attitude is as follows.. premades got what they wanted then let others play.. not right and not fun for those who participate and defend such behavior .. had your fun then let the rest scavenge what is left.