Faction imbalance even with nine months in

Sathid

I understand people will wish to play any class they wish and that is good and more often than not people tend to go the path with the least resistance.

But let's take a stroll down memory lane shall we,,,the first three months of this game we saw the Sorc/Inquis stunfest that rolled Republics on most servers,you can look up at Dulfy's site to seen what the most classes played were and i am sure most here that have played since release would agree.

Back now to the present and what do we have? Marauders and Pyrotechs filling the WZ's en masse and throwing any form of balance out of whack again,we can blame BW sure,but myself and yes i do consider myself not too shabby of a Pvper and rather hardcore about it i cannot fathom how someone that could claim they are either hardcore or good would look around and not see this time and time again,let alone reroll into these classes with the rest.

It is apparent there will never be a numerical balance between these two factions and due to this the Republic will consistantly be whipped by the FOTM rerollers,harassed in low lvl zones by the "Leet" kiddy's etc etc and it will remain very hard to create a equally geared counter balance to the Imperial FOTM rerolls ala OP'ed classes for Ranked WZ's.

I dont know what the answer isbut BW is dropping the ball on this,the Republic is once again dying,should they just get rid of factions? i dunno what the answer is like i said but the community seem's incapable of reversing it,matter of fact they make it worse by the month and the next PT's and Mar daily.

Edited by Sathid

Yup i knew there was going to be posts like above,there is mirror's etc etc.

But you do not adress the fact that there is tons of these classes now on the Imperial side,just like the Sorc's the first three months.

Edited by Sathid

Right, cause faction imbalance is due to only the Sith side of the supposed OP classes, not their Republic counterparts.

:rolleyes:

Dear god, please make it stop.

My impression, from playing on several servers, is that the Imps are more likely to reroll. Pub side is filled with a bunch of SW and lore enthusiasts and they're generally not all that great at PvP or concerned about what classes they're playing. Numerous are the all commando/sage vs FotM games. Many are also the faction vs faction games on the Imp side so it's not like imps who choose the less favorable classes have an easy time. Edited by MidichIorian

My impression, from playing on several servers, is that the Imps are more likely to reroll. Pub side is filled with a bunch of SW and lore enthusiasts and they're generally not all that great at PvP or concerned about what classes they're playing.

Yes more likely to reroll but better PvP'ers dont reroll to OP classes,they tough it out,rerollers give up that's why the term re roller.

My impression, from playing on several servers, is that the Imps are more likely to reroll. Pub side is filled with a bunch of SW and lore enthusiasts and they're generally not all that great at PvP or concerned about what classes they're playing. Numerous are the all commando/sage vs FotM games. Many are also the faction vs faction games on the Imp side so it's not like imps who choose the less favorable classes have an easy time.

Wait a second your telling me with a straight face that all of these PT's and Mar's are just a figment of my imagination and what i see is but a small sampling of the over all classes,are you kidding me?

Edited by Sathid

Wait a second your telling me with a straight face that all of these PT's and Mar's are just a figment of my imagination and what i see is but a small sampling of the over all classes,are you kidding me?

I am telling you that the faction numbers mean nothing at this point in time because regardless of how much you pvp, or how many sith or republic are on, you are only facing 8 people at a time in a warzone.

Now if you are talking about FOTM instead of faction imbalance, that is something that happens in *EVERY* mmo regardless of it being pvp driven or not pvp driven. People gravitate to classes that they see good players play well, reguardless of that player being good or not. If they think they have an advantage they will reroll to that class to try and get that advantage, even if its really not an advantage but a player just being better than everyone else.

People complained about sages and ops at the start, I didnt have a problem with them although the sage adjustment to unlimited force was needed. People complained about sentinals next after ilum died and pvp changed from large scale to small scale where sentinals are much more suited and the counter to the sages.. (Ilum was a aoe sage/sorc fest). Now that people have rolled up sentinals, its time to complain about gunslingers... why? because they are the hard counter, so they are obviously over powered. The cycle will keep going on and on as long as people keep changing classes. Someone will always be ahead of the game and playing a counter to the FOTM. They will get noticed, the class they play will get complained about on the forums, and people will start playing that class. The people ahead of the curve will swap to the new counter, and the cycle will repeat. (I obviously left some of the class complaints out, but you get the picture.)

I personally have 1 shadow(40 non pvp), 1 sage(50 battle master), 1 gunslinger (50 war hero main), 1 sentinal (50 battle master), 1 bounty hunter (40), 1 operative (15), 1 vanguard (8). Thats just one server. Another server (which i havent played on in over 4 or 5 months) 1 Jedi Knight (50), 1 commando (46), 1 sage (40).

I have all those toons not because of FOTM, but because I enjoy variety and I play a lot. Sometimes I want to play the gunslinger, sometimes the sentinal (just got the itch again), sometimes the sage. I dont really pvp on the shadow as I dont care for the mechanics.

People can roll whatever class they want, crying about it and claiming this is upsetting "factional balance" is rather derptastic, especially when 95% of the PvP exists in the form of 8 vs 8.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Pistols

Did you mean to quote someone els? I just don't see how your reply has anything to do with my post.

I understand people will wish to play any class they wish and that is good and more often than not people tend to go the path with the least resistance.

But let's take a stroll down memory lane shall we,,,the first three months of this game we saw the Sorc/Inquis stunfest that rolled Republics on most servers,you can look up at Dulfy's site to seen what the most classes played were and i am sure most here that have played since release would agree.

Back now to the present and what do we have? Marauders and Pyrotechs filling the WZ's en masse and throwing any form of balance out of whack again,we can blame BW sure,but myself and yes i do consider myself not too shabby of a Pvper and rather hardcore about it i cannot fathom how someone that could claim they are either hardcore or good would look around and not see this time and time again,let alone reroll into these classes with the rest.

It is apparent there will never be a numerical balance between these two factions and due to this the Republic will consistantly be whipped by the FOTM rerollers,harassed in low lvl zones by the "Leet" kiddy's etc etc and it will remain very hard to create a equally geared counter balance to the Imperial FOTM rerolls ala OP'ed classes for Ranked WZ's.

I dont know what the answer isbut BW is dropping the ball on this,the Republic is once again dying,should they just get rid of factions? i dunno what the answer is like i said but the community seem's incapable of reversing it,matter of fact they make it worse by the month and the next PT's and Mar daily.

In my experience imps have always had a higher population. As far as classes sorcs have the same amount of stuns as they did before. They used to have more AoE damage which I think was fine after they fixed the bug.

In general BW listened to forum cry babies and systematically nerfed classes instead of working on real issues with the game(like the game engine, fixing Ilum). Balance in the game only got worse. They basically killed their own game.

Yup i knew there was going to be posts like above,there is mirror's etc etc.

But you do not adress the fact that there is tons of these classes now on the Imperial side,just like the Sorc's the first three months.

The more people stack on imperials, the more bad pugs they'll get, the more kills I get.

Also, it means that I, as a republic player, will get PvP pops more often. /win

None of you are familiar with Immanuel Kant’s Categorical Imperative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorical_imperative

really, whipping out the Categorical Imperative in relation to a video game.

IIRC, the Categorical Imperative is how one should think about actions (according to Kant). Basically, A) one should act as if everybody would act the same and B) the action shouldn't force people to be tools.

For example, if you are thinking about stealing, then apply the Categorical Imperative, your thought process would go something like this.

What if everybody stole? Well then nobody could run a business and people would lose their job. These are bad things, therefore I won't steal. (since condition A isn't met, condition B doesn't have to be considered)

Now, I don't understand how that is relevant to the discussion of faction balance.

And the (supposedly) OP Maras and PT Pyros aren't a figment of your imagination, but the republic has classes (sentinel and vangaurd) that are exact mirrors.

And the (supposedly) OP Maras and PT Pyros aren't a figment of your imagination, but the republic has classes (sentinel and vangaurd) that are exact mirrors.

I think most agree that both classes need alittle adjustment and i already answered your mirror shtick coment in the thread,back on topic they should of never allowed same faction WZ's like someone stated,hell when they said they were going to do it i even posted that it was dumb for them to aside from Hutball ofcourse,there should be a downside for rolling the largest faction in some i mean really from the animations that favored the Imperials,to Illum and even the latest fiasco with the bug for a space mission to get all collected items and i havent even got to how easy it is for the Imperials in the Blackhole,it just never ends.

I think most agree that both classes need alittle adjustment and i already answered your mirror shtick coment in the thread,back on topic they should of never allowed same faction WZ's like someone stated,hell when they said they were going to do it i even posted that it was dumb for them to aside from Hutball ofcourse,there should be a downside for rolling the largest faction in some i mean really from the animations that favored the Imperials,to Illum and even the latest fiasco with the bug for a space mission to get all collected items and i havent even got to how easy it is for the Imperials in the Blackhole,it just never ends.

Let me introduce you to Renee Descartes famous quote "I think, therefore I am". Whereby through presuming that all sensory perception is rendered irrelevant until processed by our mental faculties, where everything we perceive could be a figment of our imagination, and therefore our capacity for imagination and perception, is the only truth upon which we can rely.

So too, will you disregard any perception or observation that does not match the perception you wish to propagate. Without regard to the volume or credibility of those claims...

You think there is a faction imbalance, therefore there is.

/thread

Let me introduce you to Renee Descartes famous quote "I think, therefore I am". Whereby through presuming that all sensory perception is rendered irrelevant until processed by our mental faculties, where everything we perceive could be a figment of our imagination, and therefore our capacity for imagination and perception, is the only truth upon which we can rely.

So too, will you disregard any perception or observation that does not match the perception you wish to propagate. Without regard to the volume or credibility of those claims...

You think there is a faction imbalance, therefore there is.

/thread

I support this ^^