Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MMO without an option for 8-men guild premade?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
MMO without an option for 8-men guild premade?

varietasplus
03.01.2019 , 12:07 PM | #1
I know the debate of premades in warzones is as old as the game itself. Pros and cons on both sides, but I only find one legitimate reason to protest against it: premades should face another premade or at least players of same caliber/team composition in regular warzones.

Currently warzones are close to unplayable without a 4-men premade group. This is defintely the worst era since launch, 50-60% of the players are totally clueless in warzones and GSF. Playing with pugs is more of a stress than fun.

For all those lonely wolves out there: if you spend some time in a guild with nice people who become your brothers in arms, whom you can trust they know what they are doing, playing warzones becomes a totally different experience. And we are always up for a challenge against another premade. We are there for a good fight, not humiliating/crush the enemy. Also, you can improve by fighting an equivalent foe.

So, don't blame us that we are playing together. And don't blame us we don't want to fight against our own guild members, especially to hunt down our healers. You are going to understand it if you spend enough time together. And if there are 5 or 6 of us online, why can't we play in the same warzone? What is wrong with that? Don't hinder it, instead give an incentive for other players to form PVP groups or guilds to experience what is feels like to be a part of a good team.

This is an MMO afterall, guilds and teamwork are only natural. Don't be a loner and let's have fun together in warzones, shall we? So devs, please let us queue again as a guild. Thank you.

ALaggyGrunt
03.01.2019 , 04:24 PM | #2
There aren't enough players in the rest of the game for that to be an even remotely good idea.

The 8 (probably random) players on the other team will be in a game where it literally doesn't matter how hard they try, because they aren't good enough to give the 8-player premades this feature enabled a decent fight.

If the PvP community were big enough to throw pairs 8-player premades at each other consistently with short wait times, this wouldn't be a really really bad idea.

KendraP
03.01.2019 , 04:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
There aren't enough players in the rest of the game for that to be an even remotely good idea.

The 8 (probably random) players on the other team will be in a game where it literally doesn't matter how hard they try, because they aren't good enough to give the 8-player premades this feature enabled a decent fight.

If the PvP community were big enough to throw pairs 8-player premades at each other consistently with short wait times, this wouldn't be a really really bad idea.
Lol the queue in this game isnt big enough to pit 4 man teams against each other consistently

foxmob
03.01.2019 , 06:24 PM | #4
I've been running regs for 5-8 hours a day (more or less) for the past 3 weeks on Star Forge. I've run into the *occasional* <pwnography> 4m that just runs roughshod from node to node or side to side. And I've seen maybe 3-5 other grps of 4ish who run together and just roll regs. We're talking one in every 10 or 20 games though. Like I said, I don't know what server you're on or what time of day you're playing, but premades isn't an issue at all at this point in the game's life cycle. so...who's complaining about premades?

edit: but to the point as was mentioned, not enough player base for full 8s anyway.
Krack

Lhancelot
03.01.2019 , 07:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
So, don't blame us that we are playing together. And don't blame us we don't want to fight against our own guild members, especially to hunt down our healers. You are going to understand it if you spend enough time together.
I never understood this sentiment. ^

When I was in a fairly active PVP guild ages ago, our guild actually would have 3-4 groups running at a time, and I always found the guild versus guild matches really fun.

I found there's always the guy in your guild that always talks crap, so you get a chance to stomp him, that's fun! The other reason I enjoyed guild versus guild WZ matches was usually they were competitive matches, at least you knew the other side had at least one full group of above average PVPers instead of a bunch of lesser skilled players.

Most people who tout how much they love to group with their "friends" in WZs and like to tell others not to cry about it are people who don't really like competitive matches and instead need a crutch I mean premade of 4+ people to carry them. I mean if you really feel you need 2 full premades to enjoy yourself in a reg WZ, it says more about you than the people who rather not face two teams of one guild premade.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

varietasplus
03.02.2019 , 11:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I never understood this sentiment. ^

When I was in a fairly active PVP guild ages ago, our guild actually would have 3-4 groups running at a time, and I always found the guild versus guild matches really fun.

I found there's always the guy in your guild that always talks crap, so you get a chance to stomp him, that's fun! The other reason I enjoyed guild versus guild WZ matches was usually they were competitive matches, at least you knew the other side had at least one full group of above average PVPers instead of a bunch of lesser skilled players.

Most people who tout how much they love to group with their "friends" in WZs and like to tell others not to cry about it are people who don't really like competitive matches and instead need a crutch I mean premade of 4+ people to carry them. I mean if you really feel you need 2 full premades to enjoy yourself in a reg WZ, it says more about you than the people who rather not face two teams of one guild premade.

You have fair points, but you forget something: guild members are on different level and different type of persons. I am among the betters and a competitive type and I believe it helps the guild to have 4 vs 4 premades in warzones to find out the weak points, but there are less skilled or sensitive type guildies who you do not want to annihilate in a warzone (even if you know it would be neccesary for them at some point so that they may improve). It is not a problem in a HC PVP guild, but it is different in a social guild.

LD_Little_Dragon
03.02.2019 , 11:36 AM | #7
You have fair points, but you forget something: guild members are on different level and different type of persons. I am among the betters and a competitive type and I believe it helps the guild to have 4 vs 4 premades in warzones to find out the weak points, but there are less skilled or sensitive type guildies who you do not want to annihilate in a warzone (even if you know it would be neccesary for them at some point so that they may improve). It is not a problem in a HC PVP guild, but it is different in a social guild.
I'd argue it's even easier to oppose guild members when you're in a social guild. If you're pvp'ing casually for fun then you don't have the massive ego and 'something to prove' that the hardcore pvp'ers often have.

I've fought guildies, killed guildies, and been killed by guildies. It's all part of the fun, or it should be.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Lundorff
03.02.2019 , 12:42 PM | #8
There is nothing, absolutely nothing in this game that pisses me off more than premades. Good premades obviously, where there is nothing you can do except getting curb stomped into submission. I especially detest those *********** who run healer / tank variations in low -/midbies. Not even ranked makes me that furious

The idea of having 8-man premade vs. pugs is absolutely fantastically, monumentally stupid.

varietasplus
03.02.2019 , 01:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
The idea of having 8-man premade vs. pugs is absolutely fantastically, monumentally stupid.

Hence OP never suggested such. You should really pay more attention before starting insulting someone. As for 4-men premade, protesting against it in an MMO is absurd. Constantly getting into a team with 50-60% clueless people - which happens all the time recently - is the really frustrating thing, not losing against a premade.

Lundorff
03.02.2019 , 04:53 PM | #10
Hence OP never suggested such. You should really pay more attention before starting insulting someone. As for 4-men premade, protesting against it in an MMO is absurd. Constantly getting into a team with 50-60% clueless people - which happens all the time recently - is the really frustrating thing, not losing against a premade.
Post deleted. This forum is pointless.