Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Newbs in ranked PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Newbs in ranked PvP

Banderal
03.03.2019 , 10:09 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Kraftwerks rock
But are they any good in ranked PvP?

Actually, "Kraftwerks rocks" sounds like a good guild name.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

MackPol
03.03.2019 , 02:54 PM | #22
A "ranked pvp a day" is this what I am seeing ? xD
Glad you had good experience. Hopefully it will keep going well. DM is different story usually but maybe it will improve there too.

Uhh flop, meant to be for the other thread...

Banderal
03.03.2019 , 03:40 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
LoL. I was realizing the same thing. That was not my intention when I started the thread, but if it works out that way, fine. Could do worse than copying the tone of that original thread.

I only had 2 matches today, but both went well, so daily done.

The first one we had a quitter, but then got a backfill before it started. And luckily for us we got a good backfill, and everyone followed the plan and we won it pretty solidly.

Game 2 was more interesting for me. Some of the same people. Was 3DPS/1Healer groups. We tried to "cc healer, kill sniper" first round, and that didn't work for us at all. Round #2 I suggested going for the healer, because he was the healer we were against in game #1, and it seemed like we were able to take him down relatively easy when we turned our attention to him. But I was the only one that actually followed my plan, so what we ended up with was me going after the healer, and the other 2 dps going after that sniper... and that worked! So I did the same thing in round 3, but on purpose this time.

An unrelated thing to those games, but I took a glance at the leaderboards today... couldn't help myself And I see, listed right there at the top of, say the Mara/Sent group... "hey, I was just in a game with that guy/girl!" Good lord, my rating is dead in the middle right now (I think I have the rating you start with when you have zero games ) --- how is that even remotely acceptable for either of us that the best rated mara is on my team (lucky for me I guess - unlucky for him - although, I think we did win)? I can see from that how some pretty good players could get really frustrated.

[Edit: oops, I was thinking this was the "report from the ranked front lines" thread... oh well. ]

Lhancelot
03.03.2019 , 07:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
Glad you had good experience. Hopefully it will keep going well. DM is different story usually but maybe it will improve there too.
This is a good idea! ^

When will you do this, Banderal? Do it in honor of Domi! (Wasn't the other one in the general forum section though?)

Also, I am really hoping you keep with ranked once the season begins. I want to see if your experience follows the same pattern.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Banderal
03.03.2019 , 07:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
This is a good idea! ^

When will you do this, Banderal? Do it in honor of Domi! (Wasn't the other one in the general forum section though?)

Also, I am really hoping you keep with ranked once the season begins. I want to see if your experience follows the same pattern.
The season started Tuesday this last week (March 26th?). All the reports from the "report from the ranked front lines" thread come from AFTER the seasons started.

And yeah, Domi's thread was awesome. And it was in the PvP section.

Lhancelot
03.03.2019 , 07:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
The season started Tuesday this last week (March 26th?). All the reports from the "report from the ranked front lines" thread come from AFTER the seasons started.

And yeah, Domi's thread was awesome. And it was in the PvP section.
Are you going with this as your unofficial a ranked PVP a day thread or creating a different one? You are the closest to her optimistic self, you are the spiritual successor to Domi in my eyes. Do it for Domi!
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

TrixxieTriss
03.03.2019 , 09:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
But are they any good in ranked PvP?

Actually, "Kraftwerks rocks" sounds like a good guild name.
LoL,

I found this cool YouTube vid on a Roland 303. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_zQA0WZdApc

In my younger years (1990’s, we’ll before YouTube etc), I was an amateur House DJ at intimate recovery parties. One of my friends had a 303 and we would play together. I use to love using the 303 cause you can do so much with this one instrument. I even did impromptu reggae sets sometimes (for a laugh) only using the 303.

Then my friend got a MC-505 and I was addicted to it. It has this thing called a D Beam control. Scroll through to 6.40min and you can see this guy demonstrate it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2lDXvQjEhR8
My friend moved to Tasmania and I’ve been wanting to buy one ever since.

I’ve no decks or equipment anymore. We had a break in about 18 years ago and they cleared out with all my vinyl and equipment , I didn’t have insurance and I’ve never replaced any of it.

AlrikFassbauer
03.04.2019 , 04:28 AM | #28
Personally, I prefer OMD ("Maid Of Orleans"). They sound much more ... "emotional" than Kraftwerk. Even as a kid, I hated Kraftwerk because of the coldness in their music. As a kid, I think I didn't evebn call it "music" what they did.

This definition of "music" was later challenged by "Da Da Da" by Trio.

As a kid, I got infused with Manfred Mann's Earth Band by my parents.

One of my first self-bought albums was Tubular Bells. After my father had been bringing me - the innocent child - the album Five Miles Out months before that. Music pieces that were 20 minutes long !
Maybe that's why I just can't tune in with modern music : I'm far too much Prog-infested.

Now, where was the original topic ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Banderal
03.04.2019 , 05:12 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Now, where was the original topic ...
This thread really didn't have an original topic.

Banderal
03.04.2019 , 06:19 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Are you going with this as your unofficial a ranked PVP a day thread or creating a different one? You are the closest to her optimistic self, you are the spiritual successor to Domi in my eyes. Do it for Domi!
Lol. I think this thread got mistaken for that other "report from a rookie" one at some point.

And I'm nowhere near Domi's level. I saw that girl engage trolls, talk them down, and turn them into actual helpful friends. Friggin amazing.