Gear Guide For Dummies???

Limp_Newdle

Hello all. I have been playing for a little over a month now. Im level 45 and have mainly stuck to the story. Played some PVP and FP here and there. When I go to the fleet and look around at future gear i get so overwhelmed with it all. Dont know this from that. Whats best, whats worse. How I get it what this means what that means. Is there anywhere that has a big break down of the levels of gear? Whats better than what? So much going on!

i'm assuming you've been buying Orange mod'able gear using Planet Commendations? keep that gear. next, find an Artifice and Cybertech. get some upgrade mods from them. or you can get them from Planet Commendations.

sure there are alot more options, but if you are keeping it simple, that's the way to go.

theres lots of different types of gear for your class based on how you want to play the game. so there are tiered sets if you PVP, different sets for PVE from flashpoints, and higher tiers from operations etc etc. some of the gear drops off bosses, others are bought using commendations (currency) or tokens (unassembled xyz) again dropped from bosses.

It can be very confusing so use the info here to help you navigate through it. I suggest using tor-loot.com as mentioned previously to get you sdtarted with your class gear obtained from FPs.

This is what I use to understand the different sets and tiers. some of this is from http://www.dulfy.net so creds go to them.

Tiers

Tionese/Xenotech/Energized = “Tier 1.1” (Xenotech/Energized have no set bonus), obtained via HM FPs

Columi/Exotech = “Tier 1.2” (Exotech has no set bonus), obtained via HM FPs, Boss Token drops, Ops

Rakata = “Tier 1.3” (Rakata is exclusive to hardmode/nightmare operations), obtained from HM / NM Ops, Crafting

Black Hole: New tier of gear in 1.2, has three tiers: MK-1, MK-2, and MK-3. MK-1 is available for purchase via Black Hole Commendations while MK-2 and MK-3 are drops from Storymode EC last boss and Hardmode EC and weekly in Corellia. Has set bonus.

Campaign gear: New tier of gear in 1.2. Obtained from Hardmode EC. Has identical set bonus to Rakata.

Gear Prefixes

Combat Medic - Commando/Mercenary (Healing)

Enforcer - Scoundrel/Operative (DPS)

Eliminator - Commando, Vanguard/Powertech, Mercenary (DPS)

Field Medic - Scoundrel/Operative (Healing)

Field Tech - Gunslinger/Sniper (DPS)

Force-Master - Jedi Sage/Sith Sorcerer (DPS)

Force-Mystic - Jedi Sage/Sith Sorcerer (Healing)

Stalker - Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin (DPS)

Supercommando - Vanguard/Powertech (Tanking)

Survivor - Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin (Tanking)

Vindicator - Jedi Guardian/Sith Juggernaut (DPS)

War Leader - Jedi Guardian/Sith Juggernaut (Tanking)

Weaponmaster - Jedi Sentinel/Sith Marauder

Hope this helps