Sages/Sorcs running rampant in WZs help BW?

tehrealdealz

Here's what you do:

1) Roll a Jedi Knight/ Sith Warrior

2) Learn to play one

3) ????????????????????????????????????????

4) Dead sorcs.

Here is what happens:

1) you roll a JK//SW

2) learn to play one

3) 6 sorcs on opposing team force lightning your *** to oblivion when you dare to force charge

4) ???????????????????????????????????

5) your guide sucks

Here is what happens:

1) you roll a JK//SW

2) learn to play one

3) 6 sorcs on opposing team force lightning your *** to oblivion when you dare to force charge

5) your guide sucks

You're expecting to win 1v6?

Here's what you do:

1) Roll a Jedi Knight/ Sith Warrior

2) Learn to play one

3) ????????????????????????????????????????

4) Dead sorcs.

This, and I'm a sorc.

Marauders eat us fro breakfast too. Stealth/leap attack + perma stunlock + insane dps = dead sorcerer.

Also Operatives, if they focus on me, can do it. I had a Scoundrel farming me like a trash mob in Voidstar, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. What can I do to mitigate his stealth and burst? Not much considering I don't ever know when he's coming. My sorc has to rely on teammates to protect me from those classes and even then I need a guard up on me. And I'm a healer, but I can't heal through a geared Marauder's burst.

So please, just stop.

Here is what happens:

1) you roll a JK//SW

2) learn to play one

5) your guide sucks

This kind of post is why there are parodies of the MMO community.

You expected to win against 6 dps focus firing on you? You'll not survive against 6 Tracer Missiles either, nor 6 Smash, etc.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

You're expecting to win 1v6?

/facepalm and the next poster quoting me also /facepalm

The problem is in the title, sages//sorcs running rampart, in every WZ you get about 4-6 of them per team and why? Because they got all the best tools in the game right now.

From what I can tell they will be nerfing them in March according to the latest Q&A today. Specifically their Area-of-Effect healing for both clasess.

For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so.

Nooooooo!

This isn't an indication of a nerf, this is a fix to a bug. Force bending is a heal buff that should only affect the next heal. If you enable the buff, then cast Innervation and an immediate Dark Infusion, the buff will currently effect both of those two heals rather than the intended one.

It was a great little bug whilst it lasted... farewell old friend.

Edit - can I just say lol to sorceror/sage being OP too. If you find a sorc/sage OP, it's because you're poor. We have significant weaknesses. We require activation times for most abilities and wear light armour. If that doesn't scream to you that you should be interrupting and getting in close with us, then I only hope I meet you in a WZ soon.

Leaving sorc/sage merrily casting away on the sidelines of a battle is crazy. If you actually get in and start interrupting and annoying them, then you'll find us easy to take down.

I'm a sorceror healer, and love it when I'm ignored to cast heals in peace. If I get agro, I move and find another place to cast from in peace. I don't have a magic button to fell Jedi Knights that come my way.

Edited by piethief

/facepalm and the next poster quoting me also /facepalm

The problem is in the title, sages//sorcs running rampart, in every WZ you get about 4-6 of them per team and why? Because they got all the best tools in the game right now.

So what? What does it bloody matter if it's 6 Sorcerers killing you or 1 sorc, 3 merc, and 2 maras?

People like sorcerer because of lightning, because it's fun to play. Even if you nerf them, a lot of people will roll sorcerer because you get to play like Palpatine, who is iconic in the SW universe. When Palpatine first showed his face in the newer movies, there was a collective "woooah" and muttering around the theater because everyone thought he was great in Return of the Jedi. Just like a lot of people roll Warrior due to Darth Vader look and two lightsabers, it doesn't mean they're out of control.

Just like few people rolled Operatives even before the nerf. Operatives aren't iconic in the SW universe, nobody wants to emulate Grand Moff Tarkin. If Ops had lightsabers instead of a knife but did the same DPS, you'd see far more of them even though they aren't any better than if they had a knife

Edited by kristoffbrujah

From what I can tell they will be nerfing them in March according to the latest Q&A today. Specifically their Area-of-Effect healing for both clasess.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

that "nerf" which hasn't even been tested, isn't even clear. You interpret it as an AOE. It can also be interpreted differently, and in any case, who knows as yet what that impact will be.

Don't see that it would likely solve OP's situation as he is QQing about something that he's exaggerating about. I don't play Sith, but people see lightening and all of a sudden the whole team is full of sorcs.

They often can't tell the difference between a sorc and a sin, and they don't recall the times when they didn't encounter teams with more than one or 2 sages/sorcs- which I do see all the time (more so on Republic though, we often have only a couple of sages , or only one).

Edited by Calista_ZK

If there's one thing that I've learned about MMOS, it's that people will flock to the most OP classes in the game. That being said, everyone and their grandmas are rolling Sages and Sorcerers, and if you were one of the unlucky ones not to roll one, then you might as well do it now. Last night I was playing in some WZs for about an hour straight and one of two things happened: Either the enemy team was filled with Sages, or the enemy team was filled with Sages and my team was filled with Sorcerers. I mean its time to thin the herd a little BW and nerf these classes, please. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but I can't stop myself from turning your post into something of a Mad Lib before replying to it. Now that I've transformed it into something more akin to a sixth-grade level of composition, I can provide you with a clear and concise response.

Simply put: people don't play Sage/Sorcerer because they think they're overpowered. While I will concede that, upon cursory scrutiny, Sages/Sorcerers can certainly seem overpowered and that could encourage people to play them over another class, the truth is that they aren't. They have strengths and weaknesses the same as every other class, and the majority of people who cry Sage/Sorcerer nerf are simply inexperienced in SWTOR PvP and have yet to see their weaknesses and exploit them. Therefore, to assert that people play a Sage/Sorcerer because they're overpowered is logically inconsistent.

The actual cause for the rampant population of Sith Sorcerers (I won't include Jedi Sages because the population isn't nearly as massive) is because people like the premise of the class. I rolled my Sage because it was my favorite class that I tried during beta. That's all there is to it. I'm sorry if this is an unfulfilling answer for you, but it's the only one that there is. Good luck in PvP, mate. Keep at it and I'm sure that you'll figure out how to destroy those pesky Sages/Sorcerers.

Edited by Omnistarr