Current Champion Gear

Foker

Currently (on live) it is purple with mods you can change. Some of us have changed those mods. Will we lose those mods once 1.2 comes, or will the gear we have stay the way it is? I know BH gear is easier to get now, but we wont have all the parts replaced over night.

Please let us know, so we can remove the mods we have placed in gear before they are lost (if that is the case).

Thanks.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently (on live) it is purple with mods you can change. Some of us have changed those mods. Will we lose those mods once 1.2 comes, or will the gear we have stay the way it is? I know BH gear is easier to get now, but we wont have all the parts replaced over night.

Please let us know, so we can remove the mods we have placed in gear before they are lost (if that is the case).

Thanks.

All the change did was unlock the armoring slot. Your mods aren't going anywhere.

No the champ gear is now blue, with no slots.

not true, first guy is true. you are confusing the champion gear to the new recruit champion gear that the champion vendor sells, old/current champion gear will no longer exist for purchase, same with centurion.

So question ... if credits are not an issue, is the blue gear available for credits better than current champ/cent gear on live, statwise?

I guess you did not understand my question.

Let me make it more clear for the people that do not understand. Will my current Champ gear change, since it no longer exists or will it continue to be what it is now on live (just like I asked in the 1st post). What is on the champ vendor now has no item slots. I want to know if my champ gear will be turned into that.. I do not know how more clear I need to make this be. Since champ vendor items were replaced with blue no slot items.

So question ... if credits are not an issue, is the blue gear available for credits better than current champ/cent gear on live, statwise?

No, it is a downgrade by far. Think of level 40 pvp gear, bumped up some for level 50. Though you can get a full set for around 300k. It will be good for those just starting out.

ok, so from what i have looked at on the PST on my lvl10 toon and checking w/ current live gear....

- Champion and Centurion gear is NO LONGER sold by PVP vendors- this does not mean its removed from the game just that it is not purchasable any more. ( we need a Dev to clarify what will happen to our existing champ/centurion gear

- The new Recruits gear is SUB-PAR to the current Centurion gear in all stats BUT expertise. ( a full set of centurion should be better over all stat wise, as long as it still exist in 1.2

-We cant really test to see what happens to our current equipped champ/centurion gear unless we get our toons x-fered to the PTS or get a DEV to comment on the changes.

P.S. /wave from Vendetta!

Edited by Malkara

noone will be happy with this 1.2 update if we arent able to transfer our toons over...every single pt realm most games have sides ff games have started with a copy or auto max lvl unless they need to test a certain particular area of levels

i like the changes to sorc but, if noone is able to transfer its gonna be the same garbage bugs as the last 1.1.x patches

I would assume the old champ/cent gear stays the same as it was for those who already have the pieces. Downgrading them would basically be Bioware taking a dump on you and then laughing. :/

None of the people that did get copied over can answer this? I would hope that BW did not only pick fully decked out players. How can you expect to test everything that way..

None of the people that did get copied over can answer this? I would hope that BW did not only pick fully decked out players. How can you expect to test everything that way..

If you already own it, they're not doing anything to it. You won't be able to remove the Armor slot, but you can remove mod/enhance. SO to answer your question ...No they won't be changing your gear if you already have it.

If you already own it, they're not doing anything to it. You won't be able to remove the Armor slot, but you can remove mod/enhance. SO to answer your question ...No they won't be changing your gear if you already have it.

You have champ gear on PTS or are you just assuming? Because I would hope they would change gear you already have, if they are changing stats (aka battlemaster gear).

The BM bracers and belts on PTS do not have mod slots.

This is very disappointing but, unfortunately expected.

They added armor mods so players aren't forced into wearing the Champion and Battlemaster gear but now we're still going to be forced to wear the belts and bracers for the best mods on those pieces? Absolutely ridiculous.

Only thing i know as a fact as far as pvp gear goes is the stats on the gear and seeing that toons that got xferred over had their battlemaster gear changed to the new pieces automatically whether that will stay for live or not who knows(don't see why not when it's named the exact same thing just better stats).

As far as champion/centurion gear goes best i can say is good luck with any feedback on it, seems the people who did get xferred over don't even know the forums exist and therefore don't care to give feedback or just feel so high and mighty that they shouldn't have to say anything to us "peons"(if that is the case then grats on best dev choice ever bw only bringing over the elistists).

The old Centurion and Champion gear that was previously partially modifiable is now fully modifiable with armor, mod, and enhancement slots. You can also remover the armoring if you like.

The new purchaseable Recruit gear is slightly better than the old Centurion gear was. Compare these two items:

Centurion War Leader's Shield Generator

48 Str

102 End

39 Exp

37 Acc

370 FP

28 Def

Recruit War Leader's Shield Generator

51 Str

106 End

69 Exp

39 Acc

379 FP

30 Def

This item is easy to judge because the stats are the same between the two. Other items have had stat changes so some may prefer the centurion gear if they already have it, even though the net stats are lower. Also there are no set bonuses for the new Recruit gear. Champion gear is superior to the Recruit gear.

Edited by TORProphet

This item is easy to judge because the stats are the same between the two. Other items have had stat changes so some may prefer the centurion gear if they already have it, even though the net stats are lower. Also there are no set bonuses for the new Recruit gear. Champion gear is superior to the Recruit gear.

Finally a response from someone that sounds like he knows what he talking about.

Thank you.

One question, if you can tell me will the stats on the champ/cent gear be adjusted like the BM gear? The expertise change (and for me, extra power) may be nice.

Edited by Foker