Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fighting Valis

Yukondoit
01.03.2012 , 11:59 AM | #21
I brought in a friend of mine (Gunslinger). Yea, I know. I cheated.
"The nine most dangerous words are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"-Ronald Reagan

We all want new playable races. Specifically, we all want Bothans.

Gwence
01.03.2012 , 12:11 PM | #22
Beat this guy on first try, didn't even get below 70% hp. One of the biggest problems I've seen from people is the lack of understanding of class abilities.

It clearly shows (Valis) casting his abilities. At 24? (cant remember) you have 2 abilities that interupt, one of which is on an 8 second cool down, the other is 50 seconds.

This is how you win:

-Send Kira in first, wait like 3-5 seconds.
-Start attacking from BEHIND (you can force leap in, it's not a big deal, I don't agree with this running in stuff)
-Load him up with cripple/cauterize, and blade storm, after an initial zealous strike
-Immediately after you've burned your initial focus, FORCE STASIS him, not only will this allow kira to DPS unhindered but it will tick your focus back up.
-Hit him with a master strike

At this point you probably have agro or kira might be dead or very close

If you gain agro, pop rebuke and saber ward.

Best case scenario is you gain agro before Kira dies because then she can continue to dps.

Make sure you are using your force kick for interupts as it becomes available and is needed. And popping Zen when centering maxes for added damage.

Lightsaber form isn't super important, whichever one you have the skill tree points in.

This strat can help, but really for the people that are trying this guy being lower level than the actual mob are going to have issues regardless of what they do. Anytime you try to take on an elite of higher level it is difficult to say the least.

The best advice really is stop rushing through story quest and do things like heroics and the various planet quests to get some levels before you try to take this guy on.

Or continue banging your head against the wall by trying to kill this guy 2-4 levels lower than him lol.

Valis is a piece of cake compared to what lies ahead.

ReallyIsaac
01.05.2012 , 01:34 AM | #23
Yeah, I had trouble beating at first. But Using Master Strike and Stasis helps a lot! Save Force Leap when he pushes you away.

JojoMayer
01.05.2012 , 07:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by EvanSnowWolf View Post
Oh my god.

What a joke. Just beat him at 25 on my second try. The first time I got all turned around and knocked BEHIND the big crate.

Second try was cake. And I even mistimed Force Kick TWICE.

If you are my level or above, this should not even be an issue. I had 74% life left.
I call Bull***** on this. I'm superbly geared at 25 and can't take him down. Each try costs me $1700 credits, so I'm done until they fix my class.

PinnyFox
01.05.2012 , 07:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JojoMayer View Post
I call Bull***** on this. I'm superbly geared at 25 and can't take him down. Each try costs me $1700 credits, so I'm done until they fix my class.
Try using force kick and force stasis on him instead of trying to pump out as much damage as possible.

Heraclea
01.05.2012 , 11:13 PM | #26
I'd recommend bringing a friend to any elite enemy fight as a Jedi Knight of any flavor. May as well get 'em over with the first time.

I will eventually start levelling mine again, but for the moment mine is mothballed. Shien form seems useless; I specced for it but still spend most of my time in Soresu. Hopefully things will improve for the class.
Quĉ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero

GT_Racer
01.07.2012 , 12:25 AM | #27
I was a level 26 Sentinel and tried 5 or 6 times with Kira and got whooped. Until reading these posts, I didn't know I could use a different companion. So, I called in T7 and won on the first try with 50% of my health left. I have T7 well equipped and used Statsis, Force Kick, Master Strike and Blade Storm to put the hurt on Valis. I never use Kira anymore. She has terrible DPS and her voice is so annoying. T7 is a great tank and allows me to deal out some serious damage.

antogain
01.07.2012 , 12:44 AM | #28
Here's a video that might help people with this fight. This isnt my video i just think it shows off what to do to win pretty easily. He's lvl 24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8fmf4uaFo8

TaraFarrago
01.08.2012 , 01:01 AM | #29
I failed epicly at 23 - but after hitting 24 and following some of the advice in this thread, I managed it.

Here's how I did it:

1) Summon T7 (he's got better armor and can hold aggro). Make sure his tank ability is toggled on (Sorry, I forget what it's called. It increases his shield and his aggro)

2) visit the med droid to fix your gear and buy an endurance stim.

3) buffs! Go with Shii-Cho form to reduce damage.

3) Send T7 in first, then run in after him.

4) Use Kick and Force Stasis as often as possible. Leap back in when he pushes you away. Make sure to use your shield and heal abilities strategically.

The pivotal part for this was T7's ability to hold aggro, and using Kick and Stasis. Even with all that, it took two tries at 24 and I really only JUST barely made it the second time. This isn't an easy one, but it is do-able.

JsDaFax
01.10.2012 , 08:49 AM | #30
[QUOTE=Gwence;1107723
This is how you win:

-Send Kira in first, wait like 3-5 seconds.
-Start attacking from BEHIND (you can force leap in, it's not a big deal, I don't agree with this running in stuff)
-Load him up with cripple/cauterize, and blade storm, after an initial zealous strike
-Immediately after you've burned your initial focus, FORCE STASIS him, not only will this allow kira to DPS unhindered but it will tick your focus back up.
[/QUOTE]

-Then as he tries to interrupt your Force Stasis with a Force Push, the game glitches and he just stands there while you beat him senseless while Kira lies face down on the floor.

This was by far the easiest way to beat him I found, lol!