Star Wars Celebration 2019 & SWTOR Players

Hello!

Star Wars Celebration is April 11 - 15, 2019 in Chicago

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

Info

• The SWTOR Fan Community booth (unofficial fan club) will be at Booth #1344! Learn more about us here, it is a partnership between many online SWTOR communities.

• The official SWTOR cantina will be Saturday Apr 13th at a nearby hotel, no celebration ticket needed, 18+
  • Nearby booth #1244 will feature a different fan club, the Cosplayers of the Old Republic! Keep your eye out for Revans, Therons and Lanas! They are also hosting a photoshoot Friday, April 12, 2019at 2:00 PM – 3:00 PMat Grand Concourse Stairs if you want to see some awesome cosplayers!
  • All tickets except Mondays are sold out. Hotels have very low availability and high prices.
  • Another event you might like is this Panel: The Art and Craft of Video Game Writing - Monday, April 15 - at 11:45 AM – 12:45 PM CDT - Charles Boyd (SWTOR Creative Lead) and another author - at Star Wars University Stage

Edited by LadyAdmiral

I will be sending a force apparition there in my stead unfortunately. Incredibly envious of those able to attend in person!

Luckily, I think they started live streaming last year... so holo it is!

Thanks so much for the heads-up! I had no idea Celebration was going to be in Chicago next year. My husband just bought us tickets for Friday and Saturday. :)

You're welcome! Have fun!

[*]5-Day Passes sold out in the first 2 days. Holy sith!

Ehh, its like a ten dollar difference before the event than at the door.

I'm not shocked the VIP sold out that fast. I was more upset about the hotel website dropping me multiple times before I could finally book rooms.

I'm probably not going to do much planning until they announce which day the panel about Episode 9 will be. Waiting in line for six hours for a wristband for a secondary auditorium for the Last Jedi panel with a five year old and a ten month old isn't the most enjoyable, although I did appreciate the first look at the trailer before anyone else in the world and the movie poster. I won't be able to convince my better half to do that again, and certainly not for five days.

• 2 weeks later...
Update on Star Wars Celebration, if you are thinking of picking up tickets now would be a good time though they haven't made any more mentions of the percentage of tickets left. If you need a hotel, keep checking the official hotels, it seems more keep opening up over time kind of randomly.

Update on the official SWTOR cantina at celebration! This quotes is from Eric Musco the Community Manager from an interview with Passionately Casual podcast.

So I definitely can't say 100% that there will be a cantina there, but we are absolutely planning to try and have a cantina there. I would put it as "please do not buy a ticket only to go to a cantina there because we can't -" [laughing] "I was going to say if I was a betting person I would bet on there being one but literally buying a ticket would be betting that there is one, so don't do that. We are actively talking to the people involved with Celebration to have a cantina at Celebration. Barring some type of extreme circumstances, I will definitely be there, and if nothing else, you can find me, and we can go to a bar." [laughing] "So I can't say there is a Cantina there. We're working on it. We've had one at the last 3, so good odds."

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone!

If you are going to Star Wars Celebration in person please let me know and I will set aside a goodie bag for you of swag!

Here's everything we are doing in SWTOR for Star Wars Celebration, and how you can get involved even if you are not attending! Video:

• 4 weeks later...