Weak dmg

BobaFurz

Once you get hidden strike (the actual stealth opener) you're completely broken. Acid blade>hidden strike(3 sec stun)>acid blade>backstab>lacerate>shiv>lacerate. It's not uncommon to see any of those skills crit over 2k. If you're in trouble , you can always battle stealth. In groups, replacing some lacerated with carbine burst wrecks havock.

Even soloing in pve, I kill faster than anything else by using Hs>shiv>2x carbine burst> frag. It will kill all equal level regular mobs, and strings that aren't outright dead will only take an eviscerate to finish.

TL:DR Operative is the first class on the nerf chopping block, so you shouldn't be struggling.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most powerfull combos so far are Commandos for me, especially when 2 team up one heals the other and if someone gets close both open fire...their dmg is insane.

They are not even highlvl and have 1200 per shoot with 3000 crits, they mow down everything...this is crazy. Almost half my hp is gone with only one attack....FROM RANGE :D

Edited by BobaFurz

Excuse me I laugh at the nade and dart dmg in comparison to the dmg ouput of the other classes in the same lvl I played so far....my normal rifle burst attack is almost as high like a stealth melee attack, whats the point here. If you get out of stealth you have only seconds to dish out dmg and to get out of the area, otherwise you die.

Iam doing the following:

sneak to the target>main backstab attack>stun and/or 2nd melee attacks>dart>after that my target has often 80%+ hp left and I hop around doing rifle dmg or use my other CC to get out of the trouble, otherwise i die.

Is this a joke ? If you are out of stealth you get steamrolled by Shadows, marauders and sourcerers with their bubble who suck up the whole "backstab" attack....how is this in higher lvls ?

Isnt this a melee class after all......just wonder

Calm down and breathe.... stop raging and look at your situation logically....

YOU'RE LEVEL 17. If you look at your class's skill set and and talents, you SHOULD realize that the core of concealment is the control they get.

At level 17 you don't even have Vanish or a single snare. *derp* You're going to struggle to put decent damage out as a melee with no snare and no outs. You do not get your stealth opener or stealth knockdown until 36, which is the main burst and control method from the class. You don't get acid blade until 40, which is the key to Concealment damage, both for poison to increase overall damage taken, and for the massive armor pen. Jesus Christ kid, you don't even have Lacerate or any TA dump to speak of.

So the answer to your dumb *** post is, no Operatives are not the strongest class at early levels (although I have never had as much trouble as you seem to be) which should be pretty easy to figure out since it's not until level 20 that you even get anything that resembles of a core mechanic of the class.

Don't come to IA forums and rage out the class if you haven't even experienced a fraction of what it's capable of.

Sab I read your other thread complaining about the same thing and if I didn't know any better, you pretty much just copy and pasted that post out of your other thread.

If you seriously think the damage is that weak, I present you one of two options

1. Just stop playing Op and play another class that is "superior" to the Op in terms of damage. We would be better off without people complaining about non-existent issues with the class without giving it time to blossom.

2. Give the Op a chance and get Laceration, HS, Acid Blade, etc. or try a better rotation.

I leveled up to 30 as concealment, switched to med which is amazing, and found no problems whatsoever with damage, and even noticed a significant jump when I grabbed Laceration.

Op damage is just fine where it is.

Edited by dirtylilsmuggler

Sab I read your other thread complaining about the same thing and if I didn't know any better, you pretty much just copy and pasted that post out of your other thread.

Never copy-paste. Don't have to. Type too fast.

1. Just stop playing Op and play another class that is "superior" to the Op in terms of damage. We would be better off without people complaining about non-existent issues with the class without giving it time to blossom.

I am playing other classes. Leveling 3 at a time right now, started with 5 but they fell a little behind. Gives me a perfect opportunity to compare and contrast.

I don't mind giving the class time to blossom, but if that happens around level 40 (out of 50), that by itself calls for a class overhaul. I don't mind that some classes bloom well early (like Sorcerer or Merc), but blooming by 36-40 is far, far, FAR too late.

And remember that while Operative gets stronger at higher level, so do all other classes. By the time I get Jarring Strike on the Operative, my Merc will be doing 33% higher damage with Unload, Tracer Missile will have 30% chance to reset Unload cooldown AND further increase its damage 25%, and Rail Shot will do 30% more damage as well after three tracers.

I haven't crunched the numbers, but my gut feeling is, Merc will still stay ahead in the DPS race. Possibly even higher burst, just not as an opener but as a finisher - 3x Tracer, Rail, Unload.

And I'm not sure what I would have to do to convince you these issues are not "nonexistent". At my current level Operative is pretty pathetic damage-wise, compared to the other classes I've played.

Though I was mistaken about Sleep Dart. For some reason I thought it was humanoid-only, whereas it is non-droid only. Technically I suppose this means we have the best CC, as we can dart a non-droid and then slice the droid, taking out two targets. Then again, talented Whirlwind will pick up 2 standard and lower enemies nearby in addition to the one you targeted. Although if you go Medicine, sleep dart cuts damage of the target by 50% for 8 seconds which is beastly against hard mobs/players.

Guess I'll keep leveling and see how it goes. I'm just saying, at my current level, Operative is fairly lackluster. Even Medicine doesn't really come into its own until 30 (Surgical Probe TA dump), which is quite late in the game.

Edited by Sabbathius

That's a pretty asinine statement. Balancing an MMO around anything but the max levels, especially in a game where max level is not hard to obtain is a pretty massive waste of resources in the grand scheme of things. I've had NO issues solo leveling or PvPing as I leveled up, you guys are really blowing this out of proportion because you've been butt-hurt by another class (another class that was probably 20 levels higher than you).

You guys also need to remember that if you want to be a robot and pad the DPS meters in WZ's then you've chosen the wrong class. Operatives do damage when it counts and when it's important and contribute a lot to to actually WINNING the WZ's, we don't just hit 3 buttons from on top of a ledge so we can stroke our epeen and try to soak up ill-deserved MVP votes. If that's what you're looking for then I suggest rerolling.

That's a pretty asinine statement. Balancing an MMO around anything but the max levels, especially in a game where max level is not hard to obtain is a pretty massive waste of resources in the grand scheme of things.

Really? I always thought it was pretty asinine NOT to balance the game from step one.

Consider companions, for instance. Do you ever wonder why so many warrior types complain about leveling? Because they get Vette, a ranged DPS class. Meanwhile a BH gets a healer/DPS pet, and it is easy and pleasant to level.

Now, would it have been gamebreaking or hard or horrible to give Sith Warriors a HEALING companion in the beginning? Seeing as they can be tanks or DPS, and could use a HEALING pet? I hardly think so. But for the sake of variety they messed up the beginner experience for a bunch of people. It's just not fair that one archetype gets a healing pet early, while others have to wait 30+ levels for a decent one.

I really don't see how it would have been any harder or a waste to balance these things.

Similarly, look at abilities. Consider Sorcerer's Whirlwind and Merc's Concussive Missile. For all intents and purposes, these are identical. And yet, Sorcerer gets it at level 8 (I think?) and Merc at level 22. WHY?! What possible reason is there for such a discrepancy? Would it have been a lot of work to...I don't know...give the same skill to BH at 8? Or Whirlwind to Sorc at 22?

I've had NO issues solo leveling or PvPing as I leveled up, you guys are really blowing this out of proportion because you've been butt-hurt by another class (another class that was probably 20 levels higher than you).

Define "difficulties"? I leveled an Operative by 1 level tonight. I didn't die once. I had no difficulties per se. I also leveled a Merc by 1 level. Merc did it approximately 30% faster.

Now, in my crooked crazy little brain, that doesn't seem well balanced. Hey, call me crazy.

You guys also need to remember that if you want to be a robot and pad the DPS meters in WZ's then you've chosen the wrong class. Operatives do damage when it counts and when it's important and contribute a lot to to actually WINNING the WZ's, we don't just hit 3 buttons from on top of a ledge so we can stroke our epeen and try to soak up ill-deserved MVP votes. If that's what you're looking for then I suggest rerolling.

Ironically the way medals are awarded, designed by the devs, actually encourages the playstyle you dislike so much. When my Operative was damage spec, I would get 5-8 medals a game on average. I contributed, but I didn't feel like I was actually "winning games". I then tried healing spec briefly. And guess what? I WAS doing things that were winning games. I made caps possible that would have failed with 100% certainty, no matter what. And what do I get for it? On average 3-4 medals, tops. Which means less commendations than just running around killfarming like a moron while we lose. The current system is DESIGNED for it. Sad but true.

Ironically the way medals are awarded, designed by the devs, actually encourages the playstyle you dislike so much. When my Operative was damage spec, I would get 5-8 medals a game on average. I contributed, but I didn't feel like I was actually "winning games". I then tried healing spec briefly. And guess what? I WAS doing things that were winning games. I made caps possible that would have failed with 100% certainty, no matter what. And what do I get for it? On average 3-4 medals, tops. Which means less commendations than just running around killfarming like a moron while we lose. The current system is DESIGNED for it. Sad but true.

Oh come on, yesterday I've "won" Alderaan Civil War. Damage was medium, kills too, but I've solo defended one of the turrets like hell. Stealth, falshbangs, cloaking screen, grenades - that was some freaking guerrilla warfare. Well, yes, I know Lethality specced ops are better suited for this, but I was able not only disrupt captures but kill someone quickly and disappear to disrupt next capture attempt later.

PS: In every warzone match I have a few crits over 3k on someone near my level, I can't imagine what damage output will be with acid blade and meticulously kept blades. :eek: So this thread is pointless we have incredible damage output.

Edited by CorruptedFlesh

I've leveled a BH and an Op pretty far. Its true the BH levels faster. I dont mind. I still like the way OP plays. I guess you could pretty easily increase the damage on lower rank frag grenades to make it level a little quicker.

BUT, as an OP I can sneak past a lot of mobs to get objectives done quick which I really like since its my second playthrough.

So yeah its slower, still fun as heck.

BUT, as an OP I can sneak past a lot of mobs to get objectives done quick which I really like since its my second playthrough.

THIS

I skipped so many mobs since the quests were utterly boring....for the missing mob xp I did do pvp.

• 1 month later...

Seems like such threads are newsworth again.

I didnt play my op for around a month, stopped before 1.1 because I saw that this class was weak before lvl 36 but after that my dmg went through the roof and it was too easy. So I changed to a powertech and lately Iam playing a marauder.

I did start playing a bit my op, which is in his lvl 40ish since I didnt level him up anymore and it was quiete an expirience to play with the lower dmg ouput. Heavy armored targets are much harder now, some targets are still easy if undergeared but overall this class took quiete a hit.

I can imagine that lvl 50ies with good gear got a bigger hit with todays patch aswell. Iam thinking about to play a bit lethality for the dots fun :D

Edited by BobaFurz

I get almost 3000 burst dmg just from a low lvl BH range attack after I pop up from stealth, looking at my tiny 1200 in close combat....common :confused:. Going rifle in close combat vs melee characters after the stealth attack...:mad:

Numbers not high, I thought this is the class with the highest direct dmg in the game ? Some kind of glass cannon....

Is bioware kidding us.....my lvl 16 sorcerer does 900dmg channeling per tick with slow effect !

Hope some higher lvl players can write something about their pvp expiriences "as the class with the highest direct dmg ouput"...

You are talking casted versus instant. You might get bigger single attack numbers from the BH, but you won't get better overall numbers, especially in PVP.

OP attacks cannot be interrupted; BH/Sorc attacks can be interrupted and do quite regularly. No one just sits back and lets a BH or Sorc free cast.

As for assassins, come on, OP numbers are much higher than assassin numbers, once they each have their stealth opener. OPs just don't get their stealth opener until very late.

I've leveled a BH and an Op pretty far. Its true the BH levels faster. I dont mind. I still like the way OP plays. I guess you could pretty easily increase the damage on lower rank frag grenades to make it level a little quicker.

So yeah its slower, still fun as heck.

BH only levels faster until late 20s early 30s, then not so much.

Operatives and Sorcerers are the fastest leveling ACs in the game.

BH only levels faster until late 20s early 30s, then not so much.

Operatives and Sorcerers are the fastest leveling ACs in the game.

Powertech was the fastest so far out of all four classes I played and operative the slowest for me, until I got Dr. Loki and at lvl 36 my opener. Healing and lethality is probably better at the beginning.

Edited by BobaFurz

I did test several classes up to lvl 16, sorcerer, warrior, BH and Operative. I did with all classes aswell pvp for at least 2 lvls.

Please understand that comparing damage between classes at an arbitrary level (16) is not going to yield any useful insight into power differences between classes.

At level 50 in full champ, explain to me why my dmg is able to be reduced/mitigated to 1-2k crit hs/sf ? How am I expected to kill med/heavy armor when they have 17-25k HP in some extremes higher than that... Where's my armor pen? Oh ya it got nerfed too -_-

Please understand that comparing damage between classes at an arbitrary level (16) is not going to yield any useful insight into power differences between classes.

A wild developer has appeared. Master Ball go........

Based on my non-arbitrary level 50 powertech and lvl 50 operative, why does my powertech do way more damage AND way more burst while also having MORE survivability and actually having utility?

Another note: If melee classes and ranged classes are meant to do the same DPS in raids and PvP, then all knockbacks need to be removed (especially from operations). If knockbacks are going to remain, then melee need to do more DPS than ranged and/or have way more utility than ranged.

Even though I completely agree that an arbitrary glance at level 16 isn't going to yield much in the way of fruitful comparisons I can't help but agree with the statement as a whole.

I think myself and other operatives feel that we're lacking in almost every specialization, we simply fill roles that are better filled by other AC's.

I'm curious if the lack of comments in this sub forum is an indication that you guys are quietly working on something, or if you guys (Bioware) simply don't feel there is a problem.

Furthermore if the differences stopped at a numerical basis that would be much less troublesome, one of the glaring issues is that we simply don't have the powerful toolset and utility of other classes.

Many of the operatives in this forum don't feel anyone is listening. I'm at least heartened by the fact that you're here reading stuff.

Even though I completely agree that an arbitrary glance at level 16 isn't going to yield much in the way of fruitful comparisons I can't help but agree with the statement as a whole.

I think myself and other operatives feel that we're lacking in almost every specialization, we simply fill roles that are better filled by other AC's.

I'm curious if the lack of comments in this sub forum is an indication that you guys are quietly working on something, or if you guys (Bioware) simply don't feel there is a problem.

Furthermore if the differences stopped at a numerical basis that would be much less troublesome, one of the glaring issues is that we simply don't have the powerful toolset and utility of other classes.

Many of the operatives in this forum don't feel anyone is listening. I'm at least heartened by the fact that you're here reading stuff.

TRY ASKING FOR ANYTHING AS A REPUBLIC SCRAPPER FOR A FIX WHEN THE OPERATIVE DOES 4 TIMES AS MANY MOVES AS A SCRAPPER.

Want to compare, do a duel between them and watch the Operative on his 4th move while the Scrapper is still pulling the shot gun off his back for the second time.

TRY ASKING FOR ANYTHING AS A REPUBLIC SCRAPPER FOR A FIX WHEN THE OPERATIVE DOES 4 TIMES AS MANY MOVES AS A SCRAPPER.

Want to compare, do a duel between them and watch the Operative on his 4th move while the Scrapper is still pulling the shot gun off his back for the second time.

Animation issues are intrinsic to your particular AC, and I'm not saying those aren't legitimate issues, but even without those problems the class can be quite underwhelming.

Animation issues are intrinsic to your particular AC, and I'm not saying those aren't legitimate issues, but even without those problems the class can be quite underwhelming.

Thanks I have a few Operatives I talk to and all quite quickly agree that the Scrapper Animations in PVP with a 1 vs 1 just hands the Operative the win by default.

It is beyond frustration to watch the other guy just move at 2 times my speed but is supposed to be a mirror class.

Bio Ware has to be blind to this and never once tested the class mirrors.

Thanks I have a few Operatives I talk to and all quite quickly agree that the Scrapper Animations in PVP with a 1 vs 1 just hands the Operative the win by default.

It is beyond frustration to watch the other guy just move at 2 times my speed but is supposed to be a mirror class.

Bio Ware has to be blind to this and never once tested the class mirrors.

I want to play on even ground against my opponents, so I hope they fix whatever issues you guys are experiencing.