Wow ranked is toxic

Lundorff

If I suck and I'm told I suck and why, well, I try to learn from it. Constructive criticism isn't something you're going to find in online gaming.

However when one player says everyone else sucks, I ignore it. In that case I often ignore the player as well. These people are everywhere (my ranked and wz experience hasn't been that bad, though maybe I'm desensitized to it b/c when I played WoW almost every PvP loss had a person putting the blame on every other player. Same for Overwatch.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Favorite people are those that complain/bash/trash talk other people whether they win or lose...its happened so many times and nothing ever pleases them. Also love those players in regs that serve one function and do nothing else...and there is no way to vote them out even though there is a tab for it...why?

I'll admit it's not really my place, since I don't play ranked at all, ever....However, the main reason I don't is the toxicity (that I hear about both here in these forums and in-game in the pvp/general chat between ranked pops). If you guys all recognize the toxicity is there and it really, REALLY turns most people off, and you're sitting on fleet literally BEGGING people to queue for ranked, do you not recognize the connection there?

Then the suckers who fall for it get in there and you all come out afterwards and troll the **** out of them. I'll admit it's kind of amusing because you can get pretty creative (why I leave the pvp channel open) but most people are going to see that and make up their mind right there to never, ever put themselves in that position, regardless of how good/bad they might be.

Regs can be just as bad, and I only do them anymore when I'm feeling like nothing can bring me down, but each time the toxicity bubbles forth it makes the breaks I take between playing pvp at all longer and longer.

It's not even that people are being toxic to me in particular. I've had only two instances where it happened, and one was where an idiot thought he knew a better strategy while me and a stranger tried something different and completely turned the match to our favor. But I get just as turned off when the toxicity is directed at other people. I'll speak up and risk the toxic backlash, especially in lowbies, where you guys truly need to chill the **** out with new players, but it can get taxing and literally useless. They'll just continue being that way in their next match and so on.

I know it's popular to bash Bioware as the sole reason for such low populations in ranked and regs (people are begging for these on fleet, too!). Is there seriously no time you look in the mirror (figuratively) and think maybe if the community was more welcoming it would actually grow?

Regs can be just as bad, and I only do them anymore when I'm feeling like nothing can bring me down, but each time the toxicity bubbles forth it makes the breaks I take between playing pvp at all longer and longer.

It's not even that people are being toxic to me in particular. I've had only two instances where it happened, and one was where an idiot thought he knew a better strategy while me and a stranger tried something different and completely turned the match to our favor. But I get just as turned off when the toxicity is directed at other people. I'll speak up and risk the toxic backlash, especially in lowbies, where you guys truly need to chill the **** out with new players, but it can get taxing and literally useless. They'll just continue being that way in their next match and so on.

I know it's popular to bash Bioware as the sole reason for such low populations in ranked and regs (people are begging for these on fleet, too!). Is there seriously no time you look in the mirror (figuratively) and think maybe if the community was more welcoming it would actually grow?

What is amusing often about the loudmouths, at least in regs, is that usually they're not on top of the leaderboard and often their criticism is quite wrong or ill-informed. For an example of the latter, I was in an Ancient Hypergate round a couple days ago where our node was capped late because four enemy players had also went there and had to be killed off first. One of the players who went to theirs started venting about the late cap, bashing "bads" for not being able to kill off "one" enemy player in a timely fashion. It was four, not one, and included a tank/ guarded healer combo. The matchup was also originally three vs four until two respawns came back to help cap.

I wonder how much of it is people who are being confronted with their own PVP mediocrity and lashing out at others as a form of denial, similar to the singers on shows like American/Pop Idol, who when confronted with their lack of talent often lash out angrily. There was a guy last night also in Ancient Hypergate ranting about carrying the team who had less than 500 DPS when the leaderboard popped and was middle of the pack on objective points. There was a couple players including myself who had several times that and more objective points to boot. Yet if you want by the chat, you'd think he was a Ranked All-Star carrying a team full of Reg bads on his back.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Ranked is beyond broken. It's broken at it's very core. It's design is terrible. 4 person groups made up of random clowns that can queue and get rewarded no matter what happens? Ummmmmm OK.

The people that slither through these queues are the lowest form of life.

I have no idea why they haven't addressed the basic design of this.

Ranked is beyond broken. It's broken at it's very core. It's design is terrible. 4 person groups made up of random clowns that can queue and get rewarded no matter what happens? Ummmmmm OK.

The people that slither through these queues are the lowest form of life.

I have no idea why they haven't addressed the basic design of this.

It still feels less masochistic to queue ranked with a dps jugg, than to get facerolled by then endless hoards of tryhard healer-tank premades in regs.

It still feels less masochistic to queue ranked with a dps jugg, than to get facerolled by then endless hoards of tryhard healer-tank premades in regs.

Sounds as if they were not good enough for Ranked, but too good for Regular.

Sounds as if there was a "bracket" needed for something betweeg Regular and Ranked PvP ... Something like an dedicated "Premade PvP".

It seems to me some people come to ranked to justify their very existence and when it goes wrong they explode. Yikes.

Good or bad, I do ranked whenever I feel like it and turn off the chat after cheking the kill order agreement, just not to waste my energy on reading nonsense.

Having never done group ranked I always assumed it would be a boring stalemate? E.g. trinity on both sides and to acid most matches?

Well, I'm not as experienced as some are but mainly it's pretty competitive due to the skill cap of players being a bit higher. we try to get people involved in team ranked as I believe it's a pretty fun game mode usually played with and against friends and it eliminates the chance of some pug coming and haxorzing, throwing games, being a douchecanoe.

an "elite" system (supposed), sub only, where only 3-5 specs (counting heal) are above the 19-21 remaining. :rolleyes:

and 90% players playing these specs thinking they are good... :D

amaaaaaaaaaaazing bioware o/

stop this garbage.

ps : and gg again for all wintraders.

Edited by Thaladan

• 2 months later...
A bit of a necro here, but the merges has certainly not diminished the toxicity. The self-entitled little emokids remains ever present in ranked, and man the whispers and "advice" one is given when you accidentally get globalled. Sure it's annoying, but s*** happens and flipping out at people is strangely counter-intuitive for improvement. I especially love getting death threats, and yes that player was reported. Grow some thicker skin you might say, and sure I agree, but only to a certain extend.

• 4 months later...

The Salt is Back + a necro post

Now I am not sure whether it be the approaching Midsummer end of Season, or simply a lot of hormones from all the younglings flying around, but the salt mines sure have reopened.

I suppose it's a self-defense mechanics to immediately blame anyone and everyone for a lost match. Sure it's frustrating to lose, but that is the nature of SR, and theoretically both teams should be balanced when it comes to experience.

If this game gets you THAT angry, you really should consider leaving. It's unhealthy and frankly more than a little bit sad, but occasionally it is hilarious :D

Ble is right. Even when you are on the winning team you still get a dash of table salt from the elites, because in there mind they perceived they carried you or whatever. Just no way around it, its the core of SR and it will never change. The only way to really tolerate SR is to do the best you can each match and let the rest work itself out.