So what is the counter to Sniper/Gunslinger?

KettleBelll

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys guys, sniper no matter how good he or she is, will always remain a support class, unable to carry a team to victory alone. Its probably the classvwith highes team synergy, if your team does well then you do very well, same or opposite.

An asassin, a marauder a jug, a healer can turn the tide of a WZ. Even a sorc can be more helpful. As for us we just kill stuff. We don carry balls, and we don keep zerg at bay.

I aleay feel that the games that i win, my team vould have won even without me. Although probably sending melee back to respawn probably helps.

Guys guys, sniper no matter how good he or she is, will always remain a support class, unable to carry a team to victory alone. Its probably the classvwith highes team synergy, if your team does well then you do very well, same or opposite.

An asassin, a marauder a jug, a healer can turn the tide of a WZ. Even a sorc can be more helpful. As for us we just kill stuff. We don carry balls, and we don keep zerg at bay.

I aleay feel that the games that i win, my team vould have won even without me. Although probably sending melee back to respawn probably helps.

Not sure I agree with you there dude. Sure a healer can help turn the tide but if the people he's healing don't know how to deal damage then it's not going to matter how good a healer he is. Same goes for any class if the best damage dude in the world doesn't get heals then as soon as he starts to get focused he's not going to last long either. Sure both the healer and damage dude in that scenario will get good scores no doubt but doesn't mean to say they'll win.

The whole thing about being able to carry a team is extremely subjective. It depends on a number of factors, if the other people in the warzone (allies and enemies) aren't up to scratch then it'll be far easier for the sorc, jugga, mara, sniper (basically any class) to effect the outcome.

Edited by BaineOs

Not sure I agree with you there dude. Sure a healer can help turn the tide but if the people he's healing don't know how to deal damage then it's not going to matter how good a healer he is. Same goes for any class if the best damage dude in the world doesn't get heals then as soon as he starts to get focused he's not going to last long either. Sure both the healer and damage dude in that scenario will get good scores no doubt but doesn't mean to say they'll win.

The whole thing about being able to carry a team is extremely subjective. It depends on a number of factors, if the other people in the warzone (allies and enemies) aren't up to scratch then it'll be far easier for the sorc, jugga, mara, sniper (basically any class) it'll be to effect the outcome.

really all classes supposrt each other

I can't say I agree with that, I've lost count of the times over the last 18 months I've (for example) controlled the middle in Huttball or a bridge in Voidstar and delayed an enemy team by appearing as an easy target and slowing them down substantially enough that the game is an easy win.

Gunslinger/Sniper - coupled with our relative unpredictability as one of the lesser played classes - is one of the greatest wild cards you can have in a Warzone.

IN BEFORE - Some poster says "just run away and LoS them"

just run away and LoS them

1) Find a pole, or corner, or anything that blocks LOS

2) Stand near it

3) Use instant cast ranged attacks on sniper

4) When you see his cast bar start to move, step behind cover

5) His casting bar says "Failed" because you LOS

6) Step out and attack again

7) Go to step 4

You will test their patience since they wont be able to hit you with anything that's channeled.

2) Stand near it

7) Go to step 4

You will test their patience since they wont be able to hit you with anything that's channeled.

See here is the thing, If you los we can just kill someone else, I have had folks los me as the ball carrier goes right by them or a team mate walked up and took the node all cause they are worried about me. So ya i didnt get to kill them but I did my job. When played against right sniper gunslingers dont live long. I always go in with the thinking that if i can piss off enough folks then they will be worrying about me and not the game we are playing. I dont mind, especially if I can take someone with me to a respawn point hehe.

2) Stand near it

7) Go to step 4

Enjoy eating an Orbital Strike while behind that pole :D There are ways around LoS, a good sniper/gs will get you out of it, forcing you to eat the burst or completely disengage and go somewhere else. Win-Win situation for us.

the only special advantage over ranged classes is leap immunity. What high damage classes close gaps without leap? STEALTH.

Operatives and shadows will /lol on snipers. Especially operatives: Evasion to troll ambush, clense roots, vanish and what not to break LoS in mid-cast.

Dead sniper, since they're even squishier than commandos, and that's saying something!

I just leveled a sniper to 50 and my main counter was scoundrels/Ops shadows too but not as often. However even with stealth they had to be careful because I can swing the camera around behind myself even as I engage a target in front of me. So often I’d see them and pop the knockback before their opener or hit flashbang if I had another target at the moment and then if possible come back and dot them before they vanish. More than one dps melee class is a good counter as well if one is a sentinel and can disappear during an ambush cast or SoS channel. Honestly if someone pops a defensive ability often I’ll just flashbang them for the duration.

A really well played shadow is the best counter IMO even though shadowstrikes opening burst isn’t as hard as a scoundrel’s can be, they can sit in stealth until entrench wears off and hit you with the forcespeed, forcewave , shadowstrike combo knock you out of cover. It’s hard to often target them because of lag which is even worse with speed enhanced classes, they just look like a deadly blur. It’s disorienting for a second and at that point you’re screwed.

I've noticed scoundrel's will wait until I’ve taken damage from another target so that their opener doesn't give me much of a chance to defend myself. 7.5k burst within 2 gcd hits hard if you are already taking fire from elsewhere. A good tip for fighting a sniper is not only to LoS but wait out the procs of followthrough if they are marksmen spec'ed. I'm often able to easily kill LoS targets because I can proc followthrough by using snipe, ambush or takedown on any other random person on the battle field. Then when they pop out to DoT or instant cast me they get hit with a 2.5 to 4.5k instant ability, we also have a decent instant DoT as well. So if you notice a sniper attacking someone else and there is nothing you can do to help them, I’d wait 6 seconds for the proc to wear off before you eat a ton of burst you really didn't have to.

Edited by Chimerako

See here is the thing, If you los we can just kill someone else.

Not if its 1 on 1

And notice all I had to do was LOS for a second and you switched targets and let me free cast.

Enjoy eating an Orbital Strike while behind that pole :D There are ways around LoS, a good sniper/gs will get you out of it, forcing you to eat the burst or completely disengage and go somewhere else. Win-Win situation for us.

Its not a win-win though because I'm still LOSIng...I just happened to take an orbital strike. Have you ever tried to kill someone 1 on 1 as a sniper without using channeled abilities?

I'm not sitting here saying snipers are easy to kill. But if you think they are immune to LOS then I would disagree with that.

The counter to snipers? Especially marksman? Concealment Operatives. You wouldn't know that, of course, since there's about 3 of them left. But boy do they ever counter snipers. I can't remember when I last lost a 1on1 to a MM sniper/gunslinger, and any other spec needs to seriously outgear or outplay me.

Asassins work, too, but operatives have the added benefit of Toxin Scan (removes basically everything that sniper can throw) and Evasion, which dodges the Ambush at 100% chance. Chances shift in favour of the sniper if I'm forced to open on him with entrench active, but even then it's not impossible. Snipers are rock, all melees are scissors, and conc ops are paper. At least in my mind.

Asassins work, too, but operatives have the added benefit of Toxin Scan (removes basically everything that sniper can throw) and Evasion, which dodges the Ambush at 100% chance.

Assassins have force shroud, game over. This thread is definitely in the realm of TL;DR but if you're either stealth class and you're having a lot of trouble with snipers then you should learn to play your class.