Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

No, it's an option every player on APAC should consider. Why? Because sooner or later, APAC will go away, or they will have server transfers to or from APAC. This gives APAC players a viable option to do something productive with their times until the above events occur.

You still talk like our only option is transfer to a US server,AGAIN remember there are some of us that are willing to move only to a EU server,and for me the server will be Red Eclipse,so when you post talk only for you,not for me and others around this forum for sure.

i can consider a transfer-option,but force me to transfer only to a US server is a no thank you,,so give us the option EU/US server,not necessary just to your acclaimed Bastion,also keep in mind that the APAC server is not an exclusive for Australian players,but it covers the opinion of many Asians or people who live in Asia for work or other reasons like me.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still talk like our only option is transfer to a US server,AGAIN remember there are some of us that are willing to move only to a EU server,and for me the server will be Red Eclipse,so when you post talk only for you,not for me and others around this forum for sure.

i can consider a transfer-option,but force me to transfer only to a US server is a no thank you,,so give us the option EU/US server,not necessary just to your acclaimed Bastion,also keep in mind that the APAC server is not an exclusive for Australian players,but it covers the opinion of many Asians or people who live in Asia for work or other reasons like me.

You misunderstand me. I don't want to force anybody to do anything and am not suggesting US transfers either. I'm just saying everyone has the option to reroll on any server you want and level up to 50 quickly using these double XP weekends, so if and when transfers come, and you want to stay in the game and play APAC, you can transfer that toon back to APAC and have a geared 50 ready to go, assuming APAC servers are still around or haven't been merged.

I'm all for flexibility and having as many options on the table for players, since we all know how hard it is to level on APAC given the lack of population.

You misunderstand me. I don't want to force anybody to do anything and am not suggesting US transfers either. I'm just saying everyone has the option to reroll on any server you want and level up to 50 quickly using these double XP weekends, so if and when transfers come, and you want to stay in the game and play APAC, you can transfer that toon back to APAC and have a geared 50 ready to go, assuming APAC servers are still around or haven't been merged.

I'm all for flexibility and having as many options on the table for players, since we all know how hard it is to level on APAC given the lack of population.

Sorry mate,i just misunderstoon your opinion,anyway it'sclear that there are two options for us,merging or transfer,a third option is already on the table,reroll to another server,but i do understand that lot's of people who already made a level 50 and have job,family social life ecc don't have a time to do this,so one of the first options are the solution.

now let's hope to have some news from them.

Nice to see they still can't bother giving us correct time-zone adjustments on the shut-down notice... it's only been a year.

I PM'd Eric about this and he said they are onto it now. Hopefully it won't happen again! Also: This thread was on page 6. That is unacceptable. Page 1 or else!

I PM'd Eric about this and he said they are onto it now. Hopefully it won't happen again! Also: This thread was on page 6. That is unacceptable. Page 1 or else!

Oh sorry, my bad... need to say something contraversial...

Umm....

There's no problem with the servers, it's all a figment of everyone's imagination.

I assume all the rage is coming from MD and GD?

I'm on Dalborra and we don't have any pop issues. I would prefer to stay on APAC with <50ms ping.

Nope, I'm on Dalborra. I have a toon on harbinger and if you see the pop there you would understand we do have population problems!

wow what is going on this was on page 10!

either way we are still waiting on a response to this, I think the APAC community has waited long enough.

Its on page 10 because the BW/EA plan of ignore it and it will go away is starting to wear people down.

Some months back the American and European servers where consolidated and given new server tech.

They were also given the ability to change their legacy name.

Why have the American and European Subscribers been given these things yet the APAC Subscribers have not.

Why do they get more when we pay the same Subscription ?.

So how are those obviously in-depth conversations going cause " wait and see " won't cut it any more .... You want paying subscribers or not.

You dont want/care then give us a solution rather than sucking your thumbs.

Alkemmi

BW some very skilled and active players are leaving the game. most ppl just want you to describe what your ideas are regarding a fix, i do realise this is a hard thing to do as sometimes plans change for whatever reason.

I dare say you are waiting to see what 2.0 does to APAC population. i think this is a mistake as ppl will not come back to new content when there is a major prob with population.

30 ppl on fleet last night on master D.if you guys are talking about this daily what specifically are you talking about today ?

when your own online guild members make up half the population on fleet you know its a sad state of affairs.

Please respond for the sake of saving this game in APAC.

wtb entry into the alternate dimension you live and play in.

You really don't want to... it's really not that great... I mean have you tried arguing with morons all day? It's tiresome! And then you come home to play and enjoy yourself and it's nothing but drama about why people don't queue pvp, or constant whinging about every little thing wrong with the game, ************ over loot rolls, people god-moding and trying to take over RP sessions...

No you were right to transfer off months ago... all I can say is thank goodness for the 'Hide Legacy Name' option

You know, the more I think about it, we may be victims of our own resilience really. Let me be honest. Over the course of this thread, here is my summary of the genesis of our message to Bioware:

1) Around Summer 2012 - fix our servers please!!!!! transfers or mergers!!!

2) Summer 2012 - naw bro things will get better when people get back from D3

3) Fall 2012 - naw bro things will get better when people get back from GW2

4) Fall 2012 - Bioware is just going to wait until F2P to see how populations adjust, it'll be fine!

5) Winter 2012 - F2P didn't help! Bioware, fix our servers or else!!

6) Winter 2012 - Allie says servers are fine and that we should not merge

6) Spring 2013 - Bioware is just going to wait until 2.0 to see how populations adjust, but please fix our servers or else!! We mean it this time!!!

Throw in a bunch of people who think things are fine, and the whole lot of you who continue to play on APAC, and well, I can tell you some corporates at EA are probably thinking, "these guys don't even know what they want and they are still sticking around APAC so no rush really."

I would like to suggest you all just reroll on new servers, or unsub and stop playing altogether. When EA sees that only 10 people are logging onto Master D everyday, they'll have no choice but to do something. But as long as people keep logging and getting ********d, there is a lot less pressure on the Devs to find a solution.

Edited by iheartnyc

You know, the more I think about it, we may be victims of our own resilience really. Let me be honest. Over the course of this thread, here is my summary of the genesis of our message to Bioware:

1) Around Summer 2012 - fix our servers please!!!!! transfers or mergers!!!

2) Summer 2012 - naw bro things will get better when people get back from D3

3) Fall 2012 - naw bro things will get better when people get back from GW2

4) Fall 2012 - Bioware is just going to wait until F2P to see how populations adjust, it'll be fine!

5) Winter 2012 - F2P didn't help! Bioware, fix our servers or else!!

6) Winter 2012 - Allie says servers are fine and that we should not merge

6) Spring 2013 - Bioware is just going to wait until 2.0 to see how populations adjust, but please fix our servers or else!! We mean it this time!!!

Throw in a bunch of people who think things are fine, and the whole lot of you who continue to play on APAC, and well, I can tell you some corporates at EA are probably thinking, "these guys don't even know what they want and they are still sticking around APAC so no rush really."

I would like to suggest you all just reroll on new servers, or unsub and stop playing altogether. When EA sees that only 10 people are logging onto Master D everyday, they'll have no choice but to do something. But as long as people keep logging and getting ********d, there is a lot less pressure on the Devs to find a solution.

You're confusing me with all your American seasons!

Man just unsub and don't buy cartel coins. Then they will start to think they have a real problem.

Yeah this... I can't believe any Aussies are buying any coins. I haven't spent a cent on coins and wouldn't even consider it until BW do something about the population. Sub runs out in April, not resubbing until theres a merge.

BW/EA: No really, we're in daily conversation about this; we have top men working on it right now.

Indy: Who?

BW/EA: Top. Men.

Closing shot of very large wall'o'crazy with teeny tiny upside-down post-it note in middle LHS.

Aaaaand, scene.