Declaration Of War Bugged

xlordsithisx

Hi there everyone im a level 44 marauder.

Im on a mission that's called Declaration of war main storyline quest for the sith warrior.

(Spoiler Alert)

Anyway its the first time Darth Baris decided's to betray you anyway once you complete that mission some guys save you there the servants of the emperor himself. They tell you to go to the ship holoterminal . However once you use the holoterminal all you see is one of the servants on screen with no dialogue.

I thought that this bug was supposed to be fixed with one of the patches updates. However im still having problems with it. Is anyone having the same problem?

Aodhan

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Same problem here. Have been going back and forth with customer service for over a week now. They don't seem to be making any progress. I don't have the option of using another computer, and shouldn't have to. Have reset and gone through the quest 4 times now trying different conversation option and different companions and still nothing. Anyone having any luck?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Same situation exactly. No dialogue, Danced with customer service for 3 weeks now and to still to no avail. upset/sad/and mad. I reset the mission twice. get rid of my whole log, followed the customer services advice but had NO response after that. Downloaded all the updates to my drivers AND direct X to no avail Yet again. I had to start another character and works just fine. Please let me know whats up, if anything.

• 2 months later...

Uh. So. This is what I did, and for some reason it worked.

First off I was in windowed, non full-screen mode. I believe this is relatively important actually.

I tried a few times, didn't work, stared at the ugly guy doin his thang for like 10 minutes to no avail. Shut down my computer, it installed a random auto-update, booted it back up and tried again, still didn't work. Pissed, I found this forum, saw a bunch of people had the same issue and so I wrote them an in-game ticket.

Okay, here's the important part. Right after I wrote the ticket, I clicked on the holoterminal and alt-tabbed to my web-browser. You have to be in windowed mode to do this, or else the game freaks out. Not sure if "non full-screen" mode is important though.

I have no idea if I was just lucky, if it was the ticket that I put in, or if it was because I clicked out of the game and wasn't watching the TWO F***ING sentences this freak says for this dialogue (seriously, he says two things and it's over, after a few members of your crew pipe in a sentence or two), or a combination of all of these things. Anyway, try what I did in the order I did it, see if it helps.

The Order:

Click holoterminal - wait a while, it won't work. Restart your comp and the game. Click again, won't work again. Open up a ticket, submit ticket with a valid description. Click the holoterminal, click out of the game, and look at it in a minute or two.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Hey, boys and girls!

Been having the same issue with the Declaration of War final Holoterminal dialogue. Must have tried everything, from resetting the mission a couple times to changing companions to submitting tickets to customer support.

Actually, simplest thing you can do is trying to click the Holoterminal from another PC. I know most of you don't have that luxury. I had to ask a friend to do it for me... But in the end it worked.

Cheers! And hope it helps.

Kyra :csw_vadertie:

• 10 months later...
I am sorry for bringing up such an old thread but this bug is killing me! i have been stuck for days without advancing in my class quest. Has anyone been having this problem and found a solution!? I have tried everything suggested in this thread including using a different computer with no success. :sul_frown:

Having the same issue with Declaration of War..... you would think they would have fixed this freaking bug by now! :mad:

Going to start calling Bioware Blizzard jr. although I can't really do that.... Blizzard at least gets the bugs fixed in under 2 yrs.

• 2 weeks later...

I've yet to try the reset mission option because that selection isn't letting me. Do I have to be on Quesh for that to be available?

Addition: I have reset the mission and went through the fight and meeting Servant One and Two again, I get to my ship and I'm still not advancing. Any thoughts on what to do or should I just scrap playing a Sith Warrior all together?

Edited by GethKnight
Additional information

• 3 weeks later...
I also have this problem, and I have tried exiting/re-entering,resetting the quest, resetting phases, the repair tool, re-installing, emptying the game cache, changing planets, reloading, restarting, setting graphics to very low, switching between windows, switching to windowed or fullscreen(windowed) mode, spamming spacebar, pretty much everything, but to no avail...:mad: Edited by PhThester

• 2 months later...

I've been stuck on this class quest line for days now and I've tried everything suggested here on the forums. I guess I'll ask like a few others if CS can just pull my character past this point in game. I do enjoy the game but it does get frustrating to pay for something broken.

Character: Se'dation

Server: Ebon Hawk

I am having the same issue too! Everytime I use the holoterminel, servant one just stands there and doesn't say anything. I want this fixed but I don't know how. I can't progress more into the game if it isn't fixed, anyone got ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
So I am taking it that the makers of this game really don't care about its customers or it would not have let a bug be n a story line for apparently two years now. If I am paying to play and the game breaks shouldn't we get something for our aggravation, besides the run around?:mad:

Having the same issue with Declaration of War..... you would think they would have fixed this freaking bug by now! :mad:

Going to start calling Bioware Blizzard jr. although I can't really do that.... Blizzard at least gets the bugs fixed in under 2 yrs.

Call them Funcom junior. They take at least 3 years to fix quest line breaking bugs.

• 1 month later...

I experienced this bug on (9/11/2014). After trying everything suggested, nothing worked. I submitted a support ticket, and then tried again seconds later. The conversation started up and worked normally.

Someone earlier in the thread reported submitting a ticket, then having it work for them right afterwards. If you're out of options, I'd recommend trying that. It doesn't make sense, but hey, it's only crazy if it doesn't work. Good luck!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey guys -

Believe it or not, I have a fix for this - I'm curious to read if this works for anyone else....

Raise your graphics setting, and yes I know how weird it sounds. I was stuck when I found this thread. Most of the "solutions" didn't make much sense to me. However, I tried the fullscreen / window mode and it didn't work. I tried logging out and back in - didn't work. So I switched back from window mode to fullscreen and jacked the video setting up to High, and POOF the conversation suddenly worked without a hitch.

I suspect that the graphics settings are why some people were able to fix this on a different PC.

• 1 month later...