Low FPS on warzones

Malshion

Hello. I apologize for errors, I'm using Google translator.

I have problems with decreasing FPS on the warzones.

With a large accumulation of players, more than 6, my fps drops from 60 to 10-12, which is unplayable.

I tried to run the game on the SSD and HDD

I tried to run the game in compatibility mode with Windows 7

I tried to run the game from the administrator

I installed dx 9

My video card 1060 6GB, previously with a 660 Ti video card, I did not have such problems. :(

SWTOR is very CPU intensive. If you want to decrease the fps drops in PVP and OPs, you need to get a better CPU.

If you are running an AMD FX processor, you'll need to upgrade the CPU, motherboard , and RAM.

If you are running some form of low-end Intel Pentium or i3, you may be able to just upgrade to an i5 without changing motherboard or RAM

If you are running a laptop, you're SOL - you'll need a better laptop. :rolleyes:

Currently SWTOR runs best on a recent generation Intel i5 or i7 CPU, but a fast Ryzen is close.

Edited by JediQuaker

• 1 year later...

This game is not CPU friendly - regardless of the brand. You always get fps drops in Warzones (and OPS), it's just that, if you have a fast enough CPU, the fps drops are still playable, and you may not notice them as much.

To get better performance in WZs yoiu'd need to upgrade your CPU to a newer Ryzen 3xxx series or maybe a 2600.

Edited by JediQuaker