Fix Novare Coast

Arcadius-Fett

This is more of a change that needs to be made rather than a fix, technically. But seeing as how it is a broken mechanic, I think applying the term "fix" fits right in. I'm tired of being on a superior team and not being able to cap a node because players take advantage of the fact that you cannot capture the node if someone stands in front of it. I have had it happen too many times, hell, sometimes it's your own team's fault.

I was just in a game of NC where a couple of sorc healers piled up in front of the southern node while my team was capping it and then they proceeded to shock everyone and then heal each other nonstop. Their teammates kept coming and piling up in front of the node and we had to just keep killing them all but it was useless as they would just return from their spawn and stand there again. They stand in front of the node getting healed, we kill them, they spawn, rinse and repeat. Thanks to this team exploiting this clearly broken mechanic we were unable to cap. Something needs to be changed, make the area to click wider than a person or two, I don't know Bioware but I'm sure you can think of something. Having one or two people stand in front of the console makes it completely impossible to cap as the players' hitboxes completely cover the console and there is no way to click around them.

A team that does not pay attention to their defense deserves to lose the node and this cheap exploit prevents that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is more of a change that needs to be made rather than a fix, technically. But seeing as how it is a broken mechanic, I think applying the term "fix" fits right in. I'm tired of being on a superior team and not being able to cap a node because players take advantage of the fact that you cannot capture the node if someone stands in front of it. I have had it happen too many times, hell, sometimes it's your own team's fault.

I was just in a game of NC where a couple of sorc healers piled up in front of the southern node while my team was capping it and then they proceeded to shock everyone and then heal each other nonstop. Their teammates kept coming and piling up in front of the node and we had to just keep killing them all but it was useless as they would just return from their spawn and stand there again. They stand in front of the node getting healed, we kill them, they spawn, rinse and repeat. Thanks to this team exploiting this clearly broken mechanic we were unable to cap. Something needs to be changed, make the area to click wider than a person or two, I don't know Bioware but I'm sure you can think of something. Having one or two people stand in front of the console makes it completely impossible to cap as the players' hitboxes completely cover the console and there is no way to click around them.

A team that does not pay attention to their defense deserves to lose the node and this cheap exploit prevents that.

That's not an exploit, that's called smart game play. As far as teammates standing in front of it, just yell at them in chat.

Should have taken the other node.

Novare coast is a warzone that's possible to win with a ton of healers (far as I can tell, best that can be hoped for on voidstar is a stalemate). The way to win is to do what these guys did. The way to counter that is to leave one guy west (or east, whichever you control) and split your forces. They won't have enough healers at one node or the other to stack in front of it (you take a ton of damage doing that) and a dps heavy team should eventually overwhelm them--especially if the team's aoe heavy (AP PTs, rage warriors, madness inquisitors).

What people have said: there are two other nodes you can take; you should be able to out-damage two healers; there are a pile of pulls and knockbacks you can use to get them out of the way.

I'm mainly exploiting the chance to vent (see what I did there?) about teammates who stand bang in front of a NC node you have to cap, blocking everyone else from targetting it. Fair enough to block the enemy, but not when you're trying to turn it before the enemy reinforcements come charging ove rthe hill to blow you to kingdom come. I've lost games because of this.

*grinds teeth and shakes fist ineffectually at minor irritation*

Edited by Wainamoinen

I'm going to start re-rolling all my toons to body type 4, just so I can be a boss at Novarre Coast.

I "shamefully" admit I "exploited" a fat man body type on my team once in Novare. I stood right behind him and capped, the other team though he was capping and they were hitting him with single target attacks, not a single one of them AoE'ed:eek: I guess they couldn't get an angle to see me because he was a little bit inside the entrance to the box:D

OP, pulls and knockbacks work wonders in that situation, I've done that a few times to break the cycle. Even with the new facing rules for knockbacks it should work.

I "shamefully" admit I "exploited" a fat man body type on my team once in Novare. I stood right behind him and capped, the other team though he was capping and they were hitting him with single target attacks, not a single one of them AoE'ed:eek: I guess they couldn't get an angle to see me because he was a little bit inside the entrance to the box:D

OP, pulls and knockbacks work wonders in that situation, I've done that a few times to break the cycle. Even with the new facing rules for knockbacks it should work.

LOL Seriously, learn to AOE.

A BH with DFA and a sniper or op; preferably an engineering sniper to go beyond orbital strike would have a field day.

Where exactly were they standing? Were they completely blocking the console in every way? I ask this because surely you must have had at least one stealther on your team. Could he have used his sneak ability and gotten behind them to cap? It looks like they were distracted and only focused on healing each other. A stealther can use that to his advantage.

Also, perhaps your team should have tried taking another turret. If the enemy's attention was so focused on that one, surely the other one must have had weak defenses. How about getting a couple of big shot DPS'ers like a sniper/gunslinger, powertech, etc, to burn down their HP so quick they won't even know what hit 'em? Another option would be to cc the sorcs who were doing this, or pull/grapple them away. Make them pay for their little stunt. Make them regret it.

I don't think you could stop them from standing right by the console anymore than you could stop a couple of enemies in Voidstar from sitting right by the door, or putting AOE's on the door, etc. You just have to improvise in situations like that, and like I said, just make them pay for it by countering it with your attacks/strategies. I'm not making fun of you or your team, just trying to offer helpful suggestions in case you run into a situation like that again. I understand what you're saying though, and really the responses this thread got were uncalled for. Welcome to the internet...unfortunately.