Anyone else a massive fan of Doctor Who?

Cyberwoman

Doctor Who is not only my favorite TV show, but one of my favorite things ever. I have adored it ever since I watched the Peter Cushing Dalek films. I adore both the classic and new series equally, and I think it is a shame that Matt Smith is leaving as the 11th Doctor. It for the best in the end though, I mean, for 50th years the show has been about change. Cant wait for the 50th special! :)

Also have to mention how much I love Torchwood, its adult-centered spin-off (And where I got my username from!) and The Sarah Jane Adventures, its more child-centered spin-off.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoy the show, though I suppose I was a late-comer. I started watching during the early Tennant years, and went back and watched Eccelston in between seasons. I've only seen a few episodes of the older incarnations, but I've enjoyed them. Though Tennant remains my favorite (you never forget your first doctor!), I've enjoyed Smith's run and hate to see him go. Can't wait to see what's in store for the 50th special though!

As someone who's never watched the show, hardcore doctor who fans to me are like... hardcore gilmore girls fans. Or Charmed fans. Or Angel fans. I say... you people and your shows... I don't get ya.

"Uly, why not watch a few episodes before you go judgin it?"

What, you want me to fire up the VPN and pirate episodes one by one or something? A whole season? That's a lot of work. It takes me two or three weeks to finally get around to watching attack on titan episodes. And I love attack on titan. I'm worn out afterwards. The high seas are a cruel mistress.

"Uly, why not watch it on netflix?"

I ain't made o' money. I work 15 hours a week for minimum wage and live with my mother who I secretly hate and fantasize about the girlfriend I'll never have. All of this is relevant to the conversation. Don't say it isn't. That's hating. NO H8. See, I'm hip. I'm down. I know what the cool kids are sayin.

Gilmore Girls tantalized you with the possibility of a sexy mother-daughter romance that never happened. That episode where she was lying on the bed with her legs up talking about how she gave birth to her in that position... hooo boy, was it getting hot. The episode we've all been waiting for. But still, nothing... I'm still upset about it.

Love the show. However, it seems to have lost a lot of quality lately. The storylines all seem to be solved be some form of wishing. EG: Memories (you know the one I'm talking about :p)

Personally, I prefer the older who. Tom Baker FTW

Jellybaby anyone?

Edited by chimex

Big Doctor Who fan here. Matt Smith is my favorite, and it's going to be hard to let him go. But that is how the show goes.

I'm currently watching the old stuff on Netflix, and it's not nearly as horrible as I thought it would be. Some of the "special" effects are laughable. Definately worked better before there was good definition. Now it's hard not to chuckle at it.

Also, series 7 was a step back in terms of story. I think Moffat pushed the idea of a one hour movie, and his writers tried to fit that idea into the overall stories but failed. I mean, how can you go from having Amy and Rory being your favorite companions to glad they are gone in 4 episodes?

I'm a big fan, and I got hooked watching those Peter Cushing films, although my parents inform me that as a kid I would insist on watching the show back in the Tom Baker days. I do remember quite clearly the regeneration episode from Baker to Davidson.

Peter Cushing doesn't count as a Dr as he was billed as Dr Who in the films, apparently!

I love the reboot, Ecclestone was amazing. It's a real shame he only did one series, but he certainly gave it a kick into orbit. They're repeating his series on Watch at the moment.

Tennant, wasn't too fond of to be honest, although he did reign through some of the most interesting tales, and the ultimate tragedy of Rose and Donna. He had it harsh, and Tennant brought a lot of humanity to the role.

Matt Smith - erm, good Dr, but made him too much like himself. Jumpy and zany and out there, not much gravitas, although there are exceptions, the Impossible Astronaut and Name of The Doctor for two.

I'm looking forward to the both of them appearing in the 50th anniversary special, but, as is to be expected, I'm looking forward more to who the new who is going to be and how the regeneration happens.

Who(!) would you like to be the new Dr? I've a hankering for Russell Tovey.

:)

Edited by Halfadozen

I really enjoy the show, though I suppose I was a late-comer. I started watching during the early Tennant years, and went back and watched Eccelston in between seasons. I've only seen a few episodes of the older incarnations, but I've enjoyed them. Though Tennant remains my favorite (you never forget your first doctor!), I've enjoyed Smith's run and hate to see him go. Can't wait to see what's in store for the 50th special though!

I am late-comer too. Only ever watched the newer seasons of it and never bothered to watch the 26 seasons of it because of how many episodes there is. I am definitely looking forward to the 50th anniversary episode and details of the next doctor as well.

Out of the three Doctors I have seen, Tennant is my Favourite and not because he was the first Doctor I watched. Hard to say exactly what I liked about him, but I just liked him. I was disappointed about Eccelston appearing in the first season, I would've liked him to appear in at least one more season. Although at times, he seemed a bit too serious that the Doctor common qualities weren't there. And Matt Smith, I felt at first he wasn't a good doctor, but got addicted to watching him as the Doctor which makes him my second favourite.

I just can't wait for the 50th anniversary episode.

I am late-comer too. Only ever watched the newer seasons of it and never bothered to watch the 26 seasons of it because of how many episodes there is. I am definitely looking forward to the 50th anniversary episode and details of the next doctor as well.

Out of the three Doctors I have seen, Tennant is my Favourite and not because he was the first Doctor I watched. Hard to say exactly what I liked about him, but I just liked him. I was disappointed about Eccelston appearing in the first season, I would've liked him to appear in at least one more season. Although at times, he seemed a bit too serious that the Doctor common qualities weren't there. And Matt Smith, I felt at first he wasn't a good doctor, but got addicted to watching him as the Doctor which makes him my second favourite.

I just can't wait for the 50th anniversary episode.

The thing to realize about Ecclestons Doctor is that in reality he had just finished the Time war and Time Locked all of Gallifrey and all of the time lords. In a sense he is the reason he is the last of his kind. I honestly would have loved to see more of Paul Mcgann. For being a TV movie he was an incredible Doctor and he had some great things about him.

A suggestion just so you can get an idea of the beginnings of the show. There are shows called The Doctors Revisited and they are actually quite good. I am not entirely sure if they are on Netflix. I always watch them On Demand.

So my question is, was the question answered? I mean, in terms of the whole Silence thing. Doesn't make a sense. Doctor was at Trenzalore, was asked the question, it was answered. But the Silence didn't fall. In fact no mention of the Silence. And it wasn't the fall of the eleventh either.

Does that mean we get another question to look forward to on Trenzalore? Or are they just going to retcon that part of the story?

Greetings,

I'll be short here, boring, cheap, unprofessional, at time parodied TV show, always when this comes up on TV, I've start to laugh, so then it at least good for one thing, laugh!...

Best regards!.

Greetings,

I'll be short here, boring, cheap, unprofessional, at time parodied TV show, always when this comes up on TV, I've start to laugh, so then it at least good for one thing, laugh!...

Best regards!.

Cool, glad you get a giggle out of it before you change channel. Those of us that like it take your thoughts onboard, ignore them and continue to talk about what we like. :)

Cool, glad you get a giggle out of it before you change channel. Those of us that like it take your thoughts onboard, ignore them and continue to talk about what we like. :)

I kind of thought the same thing as the other guy, until I sat down to watch the show. After that, i couldn't put it down. I think the problem most people have with Doctor Who is they can't peg it into a classification. Hell, If some one asks me about Doctor Who, it's hard to even describe.

But that is what makes it so brilliant.

So my question is, was the question answered? I mean, in terms of the whole Silence thing. Doesn't make a sense. Doctor was at Trenzalore, was asked the question, it was answered. But the Silence didn't fall. In fact no mention of the Silence. And it wasn't the fall of the eleventh either.

Does that mean we get another question to look forward to on Trenzalore? Or are they just going to retcon that part of the story?

Yes the question was answered. River actually answered it. I honestly think that there will be something more to do with Trenzalore because there were no fields at all it was a complete graveyard. I think that we will see a revisit to Trenzalore with the question being asked again, I think that is what will start everything that turns Trenzalore into what it was in that episode.

I think the only reason there was no mention of the silence was because the Great Intelligence was at Trenzalore.

I was a huge fan till Tennant left, after that Karen Gillian is the only reason I've continued watching...

I hope whoever they get to do the 12th doctor is better than Matt Smith. Waaaaayyyyy better.

Edited by StarSquirrel

wouldn't call myself a huge fan, but I'm a fan. Eccleston is my favorite, Tennant took me forever to get into. honestly, I didn't appreciate him until Donna. he annoyed me with Rose and I can pretty close to actively disliking him with Martha (who is my favorite companion of the new series)

thing about this show is that it knows its cheese, it doesn't pretend to be super serious. its not really about monsters and aliens and special effects, its really more about characters and their interactions and relationships set to a backdrop of "anything is possible" I love it :D even if I can't get into Moffat run. I mean... I like River and Rory and what I've seen of Clara is nice and Matt Smith is a good actor, but.. its not working for me, the way it did when Davis was a showrunner.

Yes , watched it when i was a kid for years , hiding behind the sofa and cushions. The cyber men really freaked me out and davros.

Even in recent times , the first weeping angel episode , o god I was actually frightened again by Dr. Who.

Anyways it's night mode here , something I do at this time everyday and then Xp boost , catch you all later.

Cheers.

BadOrb.

Yes , watched it when i was a kid for years , hiding behind the sofa and cushions. The cyber men really freaked me out and davros.

Even in recent times , the first weeping angel episode , o god I was actually frightened again by Dr. Who.

Anyways it's night mode here , something I do at this time everyday and then Xp boost , catch you all later.

Cheers.

BadOrb.

As I said before in the my last post, I only watched the new seasons and out of them, the only episodes that had scared me even a little was the ones when they were on that Library planet. Those were definitely the scariest episodes ever from Doctor Who.

As I said before in the my last post, I only watched the new seasons and out of them, the only episodes that had scared me even a little was the ones when they were on that Library planet. Those were definitely the scariest episodes ever from Doctor Who.

hey! who turned out the lights!

/runs away cackling madly

The latest half season made me stop watching, the new companion Clara only serves as a jerk off toy for fanboys, she's terrible.

lol i actually like her alot i almost like her more than rose tyler