Community Q&A – March 16th 2012 Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed that they won't be creating a planet commendations conversion, I don't think I ever really used them. In most cases, by the time I was done with class story missions on a planet and accrued enough commendations to buy weapons/armor, I was 2-3 levels ahead of the gear level, and better gear was on the GTN or through mission rewards. Rather than individual planet commendations, there should just be one kind, and higher level gear could cost more commendations. That way you either save them for later use, or as you are leveling.

Dear George. If you're going to answer a question from the Q/A please answer the entirety of it. Especially this one which is weighing heavy on ANY PLAYERS MIND that has leveled alts while waiting for 1.2 (instead of quitting the game.)

Ziko: Already having 8 characters on my server...will I be forced to delete characters in order to take advantage of the Legacy system or will I be able to change race & new Legacy customization features on pre-existing characters and will there be more character slots added?

Georg Zoeller (Principal Lead Combat Designer): We have heard at the Guild Summit that there's interest in being able to acquire additional character slots on the servers. We are in the process of determining the requirements for such a step and will update the community when such a feature has moved past the planning state.

Please answer the first part of the question that is entirely more important than adding additional slots which you don't even know if you're going to do or not.

There are plenty of us that do not want to have to delete our characters that we got to 50 because your character options/customization was so limited to begin with. (If you say it's not limited, I'd suggest going back to how many threads were on the beta forums about Character creation.)

Edited by veyl

DinesenDK: Will it be possible to exchange lower level planet commendations for higher level commendations in the future?

Georg: It’s something we had in testing but took out as it lead to a majority of players not spending any commendations and just uptrading them, which defeats the purpose of the commendation system. I can see us re-opening this topic a while down the road, maybe in context of discussing something like the much requested Legacy Bank.

Gee, maybe because not every planet had something we wanted or was useful to our class?

YuvalZiv - Are there any plans to add a barber shop anytime soon, or a feature that will allow existing characters to enjoy additional customization options, unlocked through the Legacy system?

Damion: "Are there plans?" - the answer is yes. "Anytime soon" -- the answer is no. It's not that we don't want to do it, it's just a little further down in the priority queue, and so I don't want everyone to have any expectations that are unrealistic in terms of when it will get into your hands.

I can respect the reasoning, but I really hope it gets in soonish.

Edited by Darth_Vicente

Dear George. If you're going to answer a question from the Q/A please answer the entirety of it. Especially this one which is weighing heavy on ANY PLAYERS MIND that has leveled alts while waiting for 1.2 (instead of quitting the game.)

Ziko: Already having 8 characters on my server...will I be forced to delete characters in order to take advantage of the Legacy system or will I be able to change race & new Legacy customization features on pre-existing characters and will there be more character slots added?

Georg Zoeller (Principal Lead Combat Designer): We have heard at the Guild Summit that there's interest in being able to acquire additional character slots on the servers. We are in the process of determining the requirements for such a step and will update the community when such a feature has moved past the planning state.

Please answer the first part of the question that is entirely more important than adding additional slots which you don't even know if you're going to do or not.

There are plenty of us that do not want to have to delete our characters that we got to 50 because your character options/customization was so limited to begin with. (If you say it's not limited, I'd suggest going back to how many threads were on the beta forums about Character creation.)

Sure, we've already answered this one at the Guild Summit: At present time, we will not be offering the ability to change the race of your existing character.

As for applying unlocked legacy customization features for character creation to existing characters, please see Damion's answer regarding the 'Barbershop' feature.

1. No one will make you delete a character (getting this out of the way)

2. They are looking into adding more then 8 character slots

3. For the time, you will have to delete a character to make room for a new character.

4. For things that wouldn't require a new character (such as making a Republic Chiss), you don't have to delete anything. Such as using the Legacy system to get an on-ship mailbox.

1. No one will make you delete a character (getting this out of the way)

2. They are looking into adding more then 8 character slots

3. For the time, you will have to delete a character to make room for a new character.

4. For things that wouldn't require a new character (such as making a Republic Chiss), you don't have to delete anything. Such as using the Legacy system to get an on-ship mailbox.

Thank you person that isn't George who provides non-factual information.

#1- You're right, we don't have to delete our toons. Mostly because we won't, because they're level 50 and we're not going to level them again. If Bioware is honestly okay with us going through a level 50 grind once again through the stale quest system (Stale because once you go through the worlds, you know the dialogues, they're just re-used and re-voiced . Only the class quests are actually different.)

#2- The only thing he actually answered... well he didn't answer it. He didn't even give a number just a "we're looking into it"... This isn't an answer, it's on par with being on the wall of crazy and soon*tm. I'd like to see Daniel Eriksons opinion on this exact question since he's the self admitted "alt-aholic"

#3. See #1. No one in their right mind is going to want to re-level, re-gear the same class again to 50. No one. Hell, I don't even think people would delete anything above 30.

#4. What? This has nothing to do with the original question that went unanswered.

#3. See #1. No one in their right mind is going to want to re-level, re-gear the same class again to 50. No one. Hell, I don't even think people would delete anything above 30.

Looks at level 47 smuggler on live... Looks at level 46 smuggler on PTS... :-P

The newly craftable augments will use new materials supplied by Slicing missions, while the newly created PvP crystals will use new materials bought by PvP commendations.

What?? :mad:

Fixing Artifice as a profession means that you make them PvP? :mad::mad:

He answered it in a different question in the Q&A. Thanks for your stellar reading comprehension.

I never want another crewskill pop-up window to hijack my UI, not in WZ's, not ANYWHERE!

From the response, it seems that outside of WZ's we will still be harassed by this menace in some capacity.

This is troubling to me.

Edited by DizzD

Do we really need an answer to "will you add another quickslot" ?

Is that the most pressing matter ? No concerns about server population or engine optimization ?

I could surely use another quickslot AFTER the game stops running like total crap in PvP though.

Ever since one of the Devs said "What about Ready Checks" in the guild summit I kinda lost a lot of hope on actual thought process and thinking for game design... I can't imagine how something like that being so critical to both PvP and PvE groups was missed and only recently they thought about it. The QA are nice to have but rarely I ready questions/answers which actually give us a clear answer since most will always fall into "we will look into it" or "future development", as saying NO would ultimately make people wanting that feature leave the game.

QA = Gaming Politics, and we all trust politicians? :p

I am quite dissapointed about the fact that there will not be a barbershop added in 1.2, and who knows how far off it will be.

This is one of the features I really feel I need to have ASAP. Especially in light of the new character customization freedoms we will have with the legacy system. My main character is a Twilek, and I had to select a skin color that wasn't my first choice. The color I wanted to use for my character, and HAD on the same character during beta, was removed from the faction entirely, and is only currently available on the other side. This was very frustrating, and if the legacy system is finally going to open up that particular color, I want to be able to change my main character's appearance right away.

But that's my most pressing need for a barber shop. There are other cases where I would like to tweak the appearances of my characters, and that's simply impossible right now.

Again, pointless questions, pointless answers.

True. Not a single issue which is important in any way, seems like beancounter and nitpicker questions are more relevant than the big issues.

Next time I'll ask for something like "lightsaber on/off button color change" just to test my theory.