Lag is getting out of hands on Darth Malgus.

Chaffery

Prior maintenance never had a lag. Now, impossible do anything. Companions lagging, abilities getting delayed.

I did try Google DNS and Open DNS, no difference. So problem is not on my side.

And other peoples experiencing same problems. Mega server is full?

• Dev Post

Hey there,

Yeah, this is a known issue following our last maintenance. We are looking into a variety of fixes and are planning to have something to address it by tomorrow. It is possible we may have a brief downtime as a part of this fix, but I will pass on those details once I have them.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

I just had to "abandon" my Consular on Hoth. With 27 people on map, it was completely unplayable.

I really hope it'll get better after the reset. I can't imagine another week of jumping between characters / planets / instances, to find one place where I can actually play... :(

Hey there,

Yeah, this is a known issue following our last maintenance. We are looking into a variety of fixes and are planning to have something to address it by tomorrow. It is possible we may have a brief downtime as a part of this fix, but I will pass on those details once I have them.

-eric

"... planning to have something to address it by tomorrow."? and with the possibility of MORE downtime.

Oh yes, and surprisingly, or not, tomorrow just happens to be the LAST day of the Double Rewards event, a week that hasn't been particularly profitable BECAUSE of the lag. I guess we can presume that there will not be an extension of the Double Rewards event to compensate for this loss, either?

SHAMEFUL!

So! Instead of addressing the problem immediately so people can actually try to enjoy themselves on these events... you people sit on your thumbs and wait till the end... TUESDAY!? THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN GOING ON THROUGH HALF OF THE EVENTS... ON ALL SERVERS!!

JUST SHAMEFUL!

I was actually expecting some extra lag since you re-added the conquest points from xp/cxp - can you please check again if that's the issue?

Meanwhile I love how the community on Darth Malgus is coming together, and almost every time I see someone mentioning it's lagging there's someone else quickly saying which instance(s) is/are good to switch to.

I love SWTOR since around beta, but if this continues even I have to take a break soon - hope nightlife doesn't lag as extreme...

Hey there,

-eric

I know you can’t “extend” double XP due to technical terms, but is it possible you could do another double XP at the end of the month to make up for this one?

Please let us know your thoughts on this

Edited by TrixxieTriss

A heads up. This is so bad that you can be in cover and have other people leap to you because of the lag.

Now I can’t even load up specific characters when I swap. The screen just gets stuck in an never ending load screen with a the blue wheel spinning.

This really has been one of the worst double XP events. Full of lag and now bugs too. It makes long time players not want to stick around. Imagine how new or returning players feel when they experience these problems. They take one look and go “no thanks”.

There needs to be more than just a msg saying you are aware of it. Maybe an apology of sorts and promise to do better and offer a compensation double XP week before the end of this month or the first week of the next.

Confidence is low and dropping.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hey there,

-eric

Thanks for letting us know Eric.

I do want to leave some of my feedback. That is to say that performance is paramount for the success of the game. While i like the conquest changes, they are not worth the stability of the game. Heck, we were already having problems with desynch in warzones and low fps on Ossus World bosses.

I would recommend putting focus on something like updating the client to 64bit since it will most likely translate in better performance for the game. I think even if this translates on delays on content, it is far more important to have combat that feels fluid and responsive. At the end of the day, that is why people play the game.

Edited by Nemmar

Hey there,

-eric

I hope you mean that you will "pass those details on", because there's a difference.

I suffer from incredible lag at the best of time (Go Aussie Internet), so it took me a while to realize "OH, this isn't my lag"

when my partner in NZ was getting kicked and they never have lag issues.

Good to know its at least known by the crew.

Hope the game hasn't broken too hard

Same here - invisible Walls, no transport to anythere, no abilities can be activated, no mount.

Except you do this in the first seconds after login.

Edit: Strange enough, Dantooine seams to be working fine.

Edited by Drachodon

Still big lag on Darth Malgus.

If this have any relation to the calculation of Conquest points from XP, i would highly urge you to reconsider your decision to calculate new Galactic Renown points also from XP.

If this high lag happened with launch of 6.0 many new players and returning player when they see how unplayable game is will quit and never come back and also spread bad review of game.

Also changing conquest points to be calculated from XP doesn't make much sens, old way was better, also this is change that wasn't discussed with community(at least i didn't notice) it was only announced with all news for 6.0. and immediately implemented.

So best thing would be to revert conquest to how it was, and calculate Galactic Renown points like you now calculate CXP. Calculating both or even triple(XP + Conquest + Galactic Renown) at same time after each action/kill will always make more stress on servers especially when there are many people logged on like when are new events, new content, launch of 6.0 etc.

Please consider this if not now at least for launch of 6.0, only thing worse then not having new content is not being able to play any content.

ON ALL SERVERS!!

I did not experience any of this on the french server though.

Maybe i'm just so used to play with lags that i didn't see any difference but no problem to log in, play or do anything in my SH either.

Only times i got bad lags were while entering one building on Black Hole (but i had the same issue before the double xp), and when my sister was using internet as well, which is usual.