Get off my *****, khem!

Rytheran

i'm tired of my companion always getting in my way whenever i got to interact with stuff. fix it so companions arent all up on us plz. also, i hope you're working on the little stuff like a smooth transition from standing to sitting and vice versa, right now it looks retarded. thats all for now.

:sy_darkside:

actually, I honestly believe that the programmers put some code in that the INSTANT we click on something, our companion dashes under the mouse so that they are selected instead. Kind of like how my cat will manouver itself to be where my hand is so that I'll pet it whether or not I intended to.

Because if you watch when you are about to click on something. The area will be totally clear, you click, then all of a sudden your companion has lunged ahead 10 yards to be RIGHT where you clicked, then they are immediately back 5 yards again. They are only in your way the INSTANT you click the mouse. Can't be coincidence....

Edited by Glowrod

Yea, Khem is annoying. I haven't found another companion nearly as bad. Maybe it's because he is so big.

No, other companions don't run up on you so that they block out you, and whatever you are standing in front of, for a second or so. And, they take up less space on screen, so aren't as easy to misclick and target them instead of what I wanted to target.

for example... finish off bad guy, run up to loot, click on bad guy, Khem runs up my back, blocking my view for a second or so. Since I started clicking before he got there, and have only human reaction times, and Khem has a computer dictating his, I end up clicking on him instead of the dead guy who I am trying to loot. I get to hear Khem whining about being a slave and how WoW is better then SWToR... err... I mean his former master, Tulak Hord, was soooo much of a better master than I am... again... what a whiney ***** he is....

Edited by Tyrloch

i'm tired of my companion always getting in my way whenever i got to interact with stuff. fix it so companions arent all up on us plz. also, i hope you're working on the little stuff like a smooth transition from standing to sitting and vice versa, right now it looks retarded. thats all for now.

:sy_darkside:

yeah seriously. have they even address or acknowledge this issue? from my recollection, it's funny that the companions in kotor never has this problem but in this game it's madness.

OP +1 agree. It's one of the main reasons I'm cancelling.

The OTHER game does this with Hunter pets too. It's not uncommon. I think all game programmers program the system to do this and laugh behind our backs at our frustration.

The OTHER game does this with Hunter pets too. It's not uncommon. I think all game programmers program the system to do this and laugh behind our backs at our frustration.

Hunter pets aren't as bad as the blueberry for warlocks or the water elemental for mages. My blueberry was always standing on my warlock.

Zoom out more.

There's a setting somewhere in the options menu to increase the max zoom distance. Suddenly the companions are a lot less annoying.

It's in Key Bindings under camera, if I recall correctly. I set the tilde key to max zoom, that way my companion bar doesn't keep appearing over mine.

You are probably playing the game at the default 'max camera distance', as was I for the first 25 levels.

Do yourself a favor and go into preferences and change the max to MAX.

The game looks much better when you pan out and companions blocking your view ceases to be an issue.

and *** can i only use my Tumult ability on weak enemies that have to be incapacitated at that? im fine with the ability only being used on incapacitated targets, but *** cant i kick an elite or a player? that is just stupid.

Are you asking me why they are the most skittish bunch of genre fans in gaming? I suggest you look at the forums.

You know, since you brought it up the burden was on you. That's how it goes... when you claim something you should be ready to back it up when questioned. I thought when assigning MMO gamers with such a charge you'd be able to back it up with a decent answer. I had faith in you, my apologies. :(

actually, I honestly believe that the programmers put some code in that the INSTANT we click on something, our companion dashes under the mouse so that they are selected instead. Kind of like how my cat will manouver itself to be where my hand is so that I'll pet it whether or not I intended to.

Because if you watch when you are about to click on something. The area will be totally clear, you click, then all of a sudden your companion has lunged ahead 10 yards to be RIGHT where you clicked, then they are immediately back 5 yards again. They are only in your way the INSTANT you click the mouse. Can't be coincidence....

This - Exactly. It's done on purpose, it has to be. If not, the level of idocy that allowed this click blocking monstrosity to make it into live scares me.

If they were much further away what would happen when you go to ride a lift?

It's already bad enough they don't catch the lift with you half the time. I know I know they eventually catch back up with you. But still I think it has something to do with that.

I could be wrong. I'm sure I'll be shown why soon :)