Eternal Empire and Valkorion questions. (spoilers)

NebulousCanezzer

Started Eternal Throne again, 3rd time playing through it. 2nd time i skipped most cutscenes, but this time around giving things my full attention again. I noticed somethings that haven't been addressed (or something i didn't notice), and wanted to see if anyone could explain them. Bare with me here lol :)

Question one: So my JK is talking to Lana after trying to find some water after landing in the Endless Swamp. She mentions that Eternal Empire takes tributes from both sides of the pub and imp, that stifles economic growth. My character makes the observation of Zakuul looking like it does not need these resources. Was this ever addressed again, did we ever find out where the 'tributes went?

Question two: At some point Valkorion (vitiate) admits to having taken over the real valkorion's body, he ate away at his mind, sort of like how he's doing to you by the end of Fallen Empire. Senya had once told you that Valkorion wasn't always as distant as we was towards his later years (possibly implying this was before vitiate took over). Marr mentions as you meet valkorion in person that the Eternal Empire was his 'distraction' this whole time. So my question is here, how long has vitiate been valkorion? Zakuul seemed pretty established since before him, and his kids seem to have always disliked him, but Senya remembers a different man.

Question 3 kind of stems off 2, How could vitiate have been fighting the JK/ any other PC, but also having kids that were relatively around your age at the same time in the universe? Unless his take over was more recent, in which case, it doesn't explain all of Valkorion's actions even before your character gets there.

Question one: So my JK is talking to Lana after trying to find some water after landing in the Endless Swamp. She mentions that Eternal Empire takes tributes from both sides of the pub and imp, that stifles economic growth. My character makes the observation of Zakuul looking like it does not need these resources. Was this ever addressed again, did we ever find out where the 'tributes went?

Nope, we don't get a direct answer to that. Unfortunately Arcann's endgame lacks a bit of characterization IMO, we always hear him during KOTFE talk about his plan for the galaxy but we never get to hear what he plans. His driving force seems to be surpassing his father and proving himself above destiny. If it helps we know Zakuul's economic surplus is stored in the gilded star though.

Question two: At some point Valkorion (vitiate) admits to having taken over the real valkorion's body, he ate away at his mind, sort of like how he's doing to you by the end of Fallen Empire. Senya had once told you that Valkorion wasn't always as distant as we was towards his later years (possibly implying this was before vitiate took over). Marr mentions as you meet valkorion in person that the Eternal Empire was his 'distraction' this whole time. So my question is here, how long has vitiate been valkorion? Zakuul seemed pretty established since before him, and his kids seem to have always disliked him, but Senya remembers a different man.

Question 3 kind of stems off 2, How could vitiate have been fighting the JK/ any other PC, but also having kids that were relatively around your age at the same time in the universe? Unless his take over was more recent, in which case, it doesn't explain all of Valkorion's actions even before your character gets there.

Charles' post about it

Nope, we don't get a direct answer to that. Unfortunately Arcann's endgame lacks a bit of characterization IMO, we always hear him during KOTFE talk about his plan for the galaxy but we never get to hear what he plans.

Yeah, I always figured that he's just an angry guy trying to surpass his dad's expectations of him, or possibly even to acknowledge him. Someone mentioned before how they're reminded of Prince Zuko and Fire lord Ozai from Avatar the Last Airbender, in terms of their dynamics. As far as that went, I didn't think he truly had a plan outside of making the outlander suffer because he knows his dad's there too. Arcann goes on ruling the way his dad taught him to, as a tyrant, so we probably can only expect a tyrant set of plans. I don't know my two cents anyways.

Yeah, I always figured that he's just an angry guy trying to surpass his dad's expectations of him, or possibly even to acknowledge him. Someone mentioned before how they're reminded of Prince Zuko and Fire lord Ozai from Avatar the Last Airbender, in terms of their dynamics. As far as that went, I didn't think he truly had a plan outside of making the outlander suffer because he knows his dad's there too. Arcann goes on ruling the way his dad taught him to, as a tyrant, so we probably can only expect a tyrant set of plans. I don't know my two cents anyways.

I agree. He has a lot of similarities to Zuko from what I've heard as well. And I think perhaps that was the case, he merely wanted to prove to be a better ruler than his father. Of course this is just my own conjecture, I would really have liked more on his endgame but oh well.