PVP Annhilation Marauder gear

Nickhilius

Hello everyone!

I recently started playing marauder again, so I have to figure out my gear (again). Which statts are recommended for PVP Annihilation specc ? (unranked warzones)

Statts would be great, but ofc gear/ augments / enhancements will do as well. Do as you please :rak_01:

Also, one off-topic question: How do you guys spread your DoTs? I think it's hard since it takes some time to do the 'smash' animation, and you have to stay within 5m of the dotted person and another one for it to work. Do you combo it with immobilize ravage? :rak_02: Let me hear!

For gear, I like to use 4.99% accuracy (2 enhancements, plus comp bonus), and maybe 6% alacrity, and 38-40% crit. Any leftover stats to go power.

For DOT spreading, since you can still move while using smash, I just make sure to stay on target during the animation.

1. buy the pieces from the vendor.

2. augment with crit until ~1500.

3. put alacrity augments into the remaining slots.

4. done?

that will get your gear sorted out. as for the dots, yes, smash is what spreads them, but honestly, i don't ever plan to use it. if i find myself in a situation where it would be effective, then i pop it, but i don't ever plan it ahead of time, like i would in a pve setting.

Edited by sumquy

1. buy the pieces from the vendor.

2. augment with crit until ~1500.

3. put alacrity augments into the remaining slots.

4. done?

that will get your gear sorted out. as for the dots, yes, smash is what spreads them, but honestly, i don't ever plan to use it. if i find myself in a situation where it would be effective, then i pop it, but i don't ever plan it ahead of time, like i would in a pve setting.

No that will give you way too much accuracy, you get 4 accuracy enhancements by default in your pvp gear and if you keep your default gear you will have 692 accuracy. that would be fine for pve but for pvp that is mostly worthless

all classes have a base defense chance of 5% so you only need about 5% accuracy to make sure you melee attacks hit (on a mara most of your damage is melee attacks) Inquisitors do have a higher base defense of 10% to off set their light armor but it is not worth using 2 enhancements just for those 2 classes.

No that will give you way too much accuracy, you get 4 accuracy enhancements by default in your pvp gear and if you keep your default gear you will have 692 accuracy. that would be fine for pve but for pvp that is mostly worthless

all classes have a base defense chance of 5% so you only need about 5% accuracy to make sure you melee attacks hit (on a mara most of your damage is melee attacks) Inquisitors do have a higher base defense of 10% to off set their light armor but it is not worth using 2 enhancements just for those 2 classes.

meh. i thought the weaponmaster set only had 3 accuracy pieces. are you sure it's 4? in any case i have run with as little as 1% accuracy (companion buff) up to 6% and frankly could not tell any difference. accuracy, and how much is needed is itself far from clear with respect to pvp. without any hard numbers to go off of i can only use my own experience, and i couldn't find anything to tell from that.

in addition, op writes like someone relatively unfamiliar to pvp/game. even if you had some hard numbers showing that this amount of accuracy results in a .05% increase in possible dps, i would still recommend leaving that to someone more familiar with the stats and how they work/relate to each other. it is not something i would recommend to anyone who needs advice on what they need.