What do you think of the difficulty of the flashpoints?

Think its reasonable that the early FPs ARE a little simpler and less demanding since most of the class mechanics are not in place yet. There is no taunts, nothing more than a simple heal and in some cases, some players are running it before they even chose their Advance Class in the case of BT.

Using WoW as a 'standard' (excuse me while i throw up a little in my mouth while I say that) - there really isn't a great deal of difficulty in running any instances until around ... *thinking* ...

oh my.... *thinking longer*

Well they are all sort of easy until BRD at least and that's level 40. I can't think of anything in vanilla that was exactly 'challenging'.

I guess you guys are super pro but doing Mandalorian Raiders and Cademimu at least have been moderately challenging slightly underleveled. Nothing that you'd wipe hours on, but a few party deaths occur and that's not 'easy' to me.

Easy to me is how wow dungeons are now. o_O

I with my guildmates finished Cademimu yesterday. Juggernaut @30, Marauder @27, Sniper @26 and me Operative @25. Not too hard till the last general (cant remember hist name). The fire debuff there behaves rather illogically (sometimes you get debuffed even across the room right near the wall, you cant run up to the boss at start without getting 5-6 stacks etc). Nervertheless after few wipes we did bring him down, only to die to the fire debuff that appeared when we went to the console to finish the quest. Wrote a ticket right after that, got a quick response (kudos to the GM of LoL EU server) and this is obviously being looked into.

The flashpoints Ive done up till now seem to be going higher in the difficulty, which is good, but arent too hard for experienced/leveled group (however I wouldnt want to fight the last boss of athiss, the 4 class bosses in mandalorian one and the general in cademimu with random group as a healer atm :p)

Did cadimeu or however it is spelt. Was piss, we had an IA healing 1 DPS SA and 2 DPS spec juggs (one of which was me). I ended up tanking and there was not 1 moment in time where I really felt I was lacking due to not being tank spec'd nor did I have aggro issues or need to ask the other guys to hold back on DPS. We then moved onto Boarding Party and again wasn't difficult as well bar the 2nd to last boss.

I've done all the flashpoints up to Boarding Party and compared to what I am used to doing this is a breeze. And for the people saying about cc's on Mandalorian raiders, certainly in the MMO I have come from not being able to CC bosses is the norm.

Edited by Lacedemon

In all honesty i feel that the flashpoints, as well as with some aspects of the game, have great potential, although are lacking when it comes to difficulty, and mechanics. As i have only gotten up to athiss, i dont know if i could stand for everyone, but i personally felt that the bosses, could use a boost when it came to damage dealt or if anything the things they did.

A great example of this is the last boss in Athiss, THe Prophet of Vodal. In all honesty, he had some nice varied mechanics for a lower end boss, but they were so easy that it took out any real excitement in the encounter. The flames he shoots out from both sides of the room, slow, and piss easy to avoid, and the damage nominal at best. His "lightning stun",although at first a surprise, it quickly becomes more of a nuisance then a threat when it only targets the tank and barely does any damage. THe only real interesting bit to the encounter was the random force attack he does on a target, which did enough damage to atleast keep the healer busy.

All it would take would be a simple increase to the damage of the Prophets abilities, and perhaps making it so that the mechanics of the fight make it so that all members of the party have to be on their toes and not just the healer. For instance making it so that the flames would move faster from each side, or have it so that the lightning stun he did affected more people than just the tank.

Although i can understand that you may be catering to new players, please remember that many of us have come from games that we've felt have been to easy, or dummed so that down lower end players could grasp it easier, i understand your caution, but this caution may make it so that you lose many individuals who find interest in your game and the potential it has.

I'm playing to have fun with a group of random people in FP's not to repeatedly smack my head against my desk as I did in the first 3 months of Cata.

Stop with the QQ about difficulty, you want a challenge then manage a household.

So let me get this straight, you QQ about Cata being hard at launch, and now that people find this game to easy you tell them not too voice their own opinions of the matter

If you are not a hypocrite than i dont know what is

So let me get this straight, you QQ about Cata being hard at launch, and now that people find this game to easy you tell them not too voice their own opinions of the matter

If you are not a hypocrite than i dont know what is

And if you werent aware before the game launched that this was designed to be significantly easier than Cata then you have had your head buried in the sand.

Many people like it the way it is, and are not interested in the squeaky wheel making the most noise. Take your minority elsewhere.

You found Cataclysm heroics at the release hard?

Dear god, that's just sad, they were easy as long as you had people with average IQ.

Anyway, so far, the Flashpoints have presented a decent challange at some points, such as the Boarding Party boss in Mandalorian Raiders when I was the recommended level, and now the Storm Squad or whatever, in the Boarding Party flashpoint. At first I didn't seem to be able to down the Storm Squad due to the damage being insane, apparently.

Then ofcourse, after 3 runs, we finally got a decent group in the 4th run, and it was a breeze, it's all about communication and such.

The Foundry isn't all that hard either, as long as you know what you're doing.

You found Cataclysm heroics at the release hard?

Dear god, that's just sad, they were easy as long as you had people with average IQ.

And if within the first month you didnt find them difficult running a pug group then you are either a squeaky wheel or didnt play/even attempt them within the initial few months.

Well when you reach max level you can choose the difficulty of the FPs..enjoy playin gthem on Nightmare mode and having your rear end handed to you. Oh and there are the Raids you know I'm pretty sure thats were the larger group challenges will come in at as well.