GSF LEECHES and "ignore" does NOT work in GSF

Sirs,

I was referred here by and email to an in-game bug report. We have an inordinate amount of folks leeching CXP and stuff from those of us that actually FLY and fight in GSF. They join the group with seconds to spare so that others will not see them join unless paying close attention. Then they may launch, or not. If they do, they fly along at idle speed, die, then spend the rest of the match on the launch ship, not contributing. If they are called out in the OPS channel, they suddenly launch and repeat the idle until death flight. Because "ignore" does not work for keeping them out of our GSF groups, we must take time out of our battle to watch for them, see when they are "no longer contributing" and then TRY to get others in the group to help vote kick them. If ignore worked in GSF, many of us that fly regularly could and would "ignore" them and keep them out of OUR matches. If you need names for those on Star Forge, I can provide as I have a list of approximately 20. These people are having a severe NEGATIVE impact on the joy of flying for many of us. It is SAD that we must take time out or our matches to attempt to vote kick these LEECHES. Can anything be done by the DEVS????? HELP!!!

Edited by Phocifeyeknow
Name inclusion

Don't name names in the forums.

Do open tickets, and encourage other pilots on both sides to do the same, in the event that you see players actually self destructing.

Players that generally non contribute deliberately I think have to be serious serial offenders, as the GMs wouldn't want to hit a player that means well but is just terrible or extraordinarily and unbelievably slow at learning.

• 2 weeks later...
Ive been reporting them to the DEVs as well. Only thing we can really do. Try to use the GSF chat when you have one in a match. Get a vote to kick on him then tell someone else, in GSF chat rather than ops chat, to get the 2nd vote. If they see it in GSF chat, they will do something top break the vote, like shoot a guy. Just keep filing complaints to bad these ***********...

I am curious, has anyone actually tried talking to these perpetrators about the problem? Talk as in a friendly chat, not sending hate messages, calling them names, yelling at everyone to report/ignore them, and not auto putting the first bad player you see on ignore.

If these players aren't actually trying and are just sitting there for exp/cxp then it might be worth while trying to help them, persuade them that it's in their best interest to try their best. If you're talking about the bad/new players (most of the whining I see is aimed at them) then you could try giving them advice/tips, help them get better, share builds etc.

I've noticed since 5.0 the toxicity levels in GSF has risen immensely, probably because of the cxp/UC rewards.

another thing, the people that I've seen in chat whining about these "leeches" saying how bad they are, how they do nothing for the team except make them lose faster. Well there are plenty of people that can make these whiners look like "leeches", when a new player faces an average/decent player they will get wrecked. when an average/decent player faces a god lvl play they will also get wrecked (to put it mildly).

• 2 weeks later...
My personal experience says that any and all attempts to converse with these people results in an automatic "ignore" of MY toon by them. Yes, I have made attempts to discuss this issue in a civil manner, not one laced with my disgust for them. I DO NOT report those pilots that are giving it an honest effort. I know all too well the difficulty of flying GSF. I am NOT an elite pilot, and yes there are many pilots that can make me look like a noob. However, having said that, it is NOT difficult to delineate those that care and want to play GSF from those that are just there to soak up whatever rewards they can get from just being there. Add to that the fact that many of them have multiple toons, and it is not hard to tell, then the problem is carried on by another from the same "player". I guess I must resign myself to "reporting" the players and pray that the folks that get them will eventually DO something about them. It is just really SAD that there are folks out there that do this. Just another hit to my "hope springs eternal" outlook on the human race.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, ignore doesnt block them from your gsf matches. You can report them, but nothing to very little will be done. I have been on a team where six of 8 did nothing. You need four votes to kick...so that wouldnt work, lol

In bonus days, and on weeks where conquest is gsf heavy, at the beginning of matches, spam /cjoin gsf, if oyu want to learn more or get advice from vet pilots.' Something to that effect. because alot of them arent even in gsf channel at all.

I've been putting in tickets a lot longer than anyone should and either customer service is inept or have no power. I've complained to Musco, so he either doesn't care or has no power. I really question if the developers even fly at all, if they did, the situation would have been handled. They would know that GSF is no longer fun when you're facing a strong team and even one leech can throw your match. Its not new flyers but ones who have played for over a year and use the excuse that they don't know how to play.

I've come to the conclusion that it's all about money. So that's the only way to get their attention. It's a shame Bioware has made me so cynical over something so easy to fix. They won't punish these guys because they want more money, despite that it's probably costing them more in the long run. I'd say don't waste your time on tickets though, make the complaint public. If you can, get other people to post also.

Sirs,

I was referred here by and email to an in-game bug report. We have an inordinate amount of folks leeching CXP and stuff from those of us that actually FLY and fight in GSF.

There is a huge gap between "being able to fly" and being able to actually participate.

I always end up with guarding a node, because I'm too bad to "actually participate". I still ysometimes get the notice "you are not participating" or how it reads, because I'm so bad.

I try

I fly

and I am still bad.

Only recently, one of the best GSF pilots in our guild said something about "this happens when a node isn't properly guarded".

What can I do ß I' m so bad at even guarding a node that I'm regularly oneshotted - sometimes it just feels this way, and sometimes this is actually true.

So, I can do nothing but fly around, warn people - but meanwhile I'm within that "respawn screen", , I just can't type a word into the chat !

And if I'm typing warning words into the chat while being attacked while guarding a node ... - I'm quite sure that doing so - typing in the chat - will surely having me end up as a flat thing hanging on a roxck - or the node itself. Or a luminous ball of light.

Meanwhile I'm not a leech - I'm still tryi ng - I still do wonder whether I'll be good at one point in the far, far distant future - or just give up.

At least you all can be reassured that I'm not flyng often - my internal fustration tolerance just doesn't allow that - but only because I want to be polite towards our best guild pilot who always tries her best to persuade us to do some GSF flying as well to get some more training. I want to learn, but I don't believe that I'll ever be good at that. I once read the term "hitting the glass ceiling", and so it feels for me.

Ah, yes, and I do know that some hate me.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

There is a huge gap between "being able to fly" and being able to actually participate.

I always end up with guarding a node, because I'm too bad to "actually participate". I still ysometimes get the notice "you are not participating" or how it reads, because I'm so bad.

I try

I fly

and I am still bad.

Only recently, one of the best GSF pilots in our guild said something about "this happens when a node isn't properly guarded".

What can I do ß I' m so bad at even guarding a node that I'm regularly oneshotted - sometimes it just feels this way, and sometimes this is actually true.

So, I can do nothing but fly around, warn people - but meanwhile I'm within that "respawn screen", , I just can't type a word into the chat !

And if I'm typing warning words into the chat while being attacked while guarding a node ... - I'm quite sure that doing so - typing in the chat - will surely having me end up as a flat thing hanging on a roxck - or the node itself. Or a luminous ball of light.

Meanwhile I'm not a leech - I'm still tryi ng - I still do wonder whether I'll be good at one point in the far, far distant future - or just give up.

At least you all can be reassured that I'm not flyng often - my internal fustration tolerance just doesn't allow that - but only because I want to be polite towards our best guild pilot who always tries her best to persuade us to do some GSF flying as well to get some more training. I want to learn, but I don't believe that I'll ever be good at that. I once read the term "hitting the glass ceiling", and so it feels for me.

Ah, yes, and I do know that some hate me.

What type of ship(s) are you favoring/flying? Guarding a node would not trigger a "You are not contributing" warning, unless you're too far off the node. Just being within a certain radius of a controlled satellite racks up defense medals.

If you are having trouble shooting things, maybe you would have an easier time contributing by flying a support ship like a T3 Strike (Imperium/Clarion) or T2 Bomber (Legion/Warcarrier). With self-heals and lots of HP, they can be quite tanky. Bomber drones can also take care of shooting things for you, if you're not too good with the regular blasters.

For guarding a satellite, practice "threading the needle" to fly around and hug the surface of the satellite to avoid missile locks. I also usually guard while in "F2", for maximum longevity till backup arrives. Using Range sensors may give you additional time to detect incoming bogies and warn your teammates (ie "2 inc A" = "2 enemies incoming to node A"). Remember, you don't have to kill the enemy; just tie them up till backup arrives (assuming your team isn't useless). Better that you stay alive and prevent the cap than get risky trying to get a kill and dying in the process.

If it's a Deathmatch, you can keep these support ships close to any gunship teammates, to help protect them from skirmishers, and/or to provide a fallback/rallying point for any friendly skirmishers that need to pull back and recover.

Playing a support ship style like this won't usually rack up big kill #'s, but any real GSF pilot appreciates the contributions that good support players bring.

Edited by HeatRacer