Lock servers

mrcos

Why not lock the servers when they becomes full? queue for 20min to 1h isnt alright, getting pissed all the time...... But sure new memebers to the game can still make characters there! WHY? Edited by mrcos

I dont believe that locking the servers would be a good idea, though they should either increase server capacity or open free migrations. i am on bloodworthy and the queues are just insane today i couldn't come early in the morning and at 11:00 am (gmt) i am getting a queue of 900 ppl and im prob gonna wait 2 hours or something.

Well, maybe. Just maybe, because we want to? I'd prefer to wait sodding thirty minutes or hour to play with my friends/guild, instead of sob and be alone in another server.

Im not even responding to this..... think man think!

I dont believe that locking the servers would be a good idea, though they should either increase server capacity or open free migrations. i am on bloodworthy and the queues are just insane today i couldn't come early in the morning and at 11:00 am (gmt) i am getting a queue of 900 ppl and im prob gonna wait 2 hours or something.

Yes Bloodworthy is one of the worse server to get into, im in Ahto city and im currently no300 i queue, soooo stupid

No, seriously. The problem is..

They allowed plenty of peeps to play before the official launch - good.

They stuffed them all into few servers - not good.

They allow even more ppl to come into already full servers - sad, very sad!

So those, who were allowed to play early are basically not allowed to play now.. Not everyone can afford to wait 1+ hour to get into the game..

Seriously, think ppl, especially those, who think it is not a problem.

Edited by yllesius

Queueing is always a problem when a game launches. The number of servers available has increased a fair bit since the first day of early access, but obviously the older servers have got the larger populations. BW have stated already that they'll raise the population caps as they go along, so all it needs is a little patience.

Locking the servers is a bad idea for the same reasons as have been stated above: you'll be preventing people from being able to play with their friends or, in some cases, join the same guild. Once the initial rush has calmed down, things will improve and most of the people who are complaining the loudest will probably forget to thank BW for working on the issue.

Queueing is always a problem when a game launches. The number of servers available has increased a fair bit since the first day of early access, but obviously the older servers have got the larger populations. BW have stated already that they'll raise the population caps as they go along, so all it needs is a little patience.

Locking the servers is a bad idea for the same reasons as have been stated above: you'll be preventing people from being able to play with their friends or, in some cases, join the same guild. Once the initial rush has calmed down, things will improve and most of the people who are complaining the loudest will probably forget to thank BW for working on the issue.

Due to these points you should still be allowed to invite friends to a server which is full, whereas you shouldn't be allowed to join a full server without anyone you know on the server. This is what causes the problem. Guild X is looking for a server, they join an already full server without previously having someone there, rather than joining a standard/heavy server.

Locking servers seem to be the only way to go, that or, as previously mentioned, increase capacity. I don't really enjoy waiting around an hour to join a server that was standard back in Early Access. Speaking of Ahto City here.

Obviously everyone who is just starting is going to want access to all servers, but it's unfair and selfish to those who have rolled and spent the days on their characters already and then have to wait hours to login to their chracters because these new people want access to the server when IT'S FULL!!!

Can't even ask to be transferred to a low pop server, not yet even an option, if we did though the same would just happen again. We take our high lvl characters off the server and we end up with everyone trying to follow, everytime I login or dc it take up to 2 hours to login again even though it says on the server screen less than 20 min.

As to joining your guild, well you should have done that before now, if you so incensed about joining the guild as a new character then go move your guild to a low pop server, not a valid excuse.

Srsly need to fix this server pop and restrict additional people gaining access, just compounds the problem.

Edited by Greatheart

Actually if they so desperate to play with their friends starting a new character which is what they doing nothing stopping them and their friends from rerolling on a low pop server.

That's nothing man, the swift sure hits over 1000 to 1500 que line ever single night around 7-8pm eastern. It says 1 hour but there timer is wrong it's a 2+ hour wait. I donno about your server but ares needs to be locked for sure.

It is something @ 12midday, were not at peak in europe

We formed our guild on the website and were dropped in hidden beks, 6 of us were invited in the first day or 2 and are getting up the levels, the unfortunate problem now is everyone else who we play wow with us were looking to start playing and are being put off due this, originally we had 40 people looking to play SWTOR this is now dwindling. Poor advertisement when your chatting on vent and people asking how things are going and you say oh i'm not playing atm im qued.

You could remind them that wow used to have just as long queues but if the 6 of 40 of you move then the other 34 +6 can easily login to a new low pop server.

and yes many of my friends from wow are no longer willing to come across to play Swtor, people have short memories about server queues.

Edited by Greatheart