Beating your droid companion

DarthVaper

I'd love to be able to severely beat my ship droid when he fails a prof quest that cost me $2k to send him on. Either a beating, or maybe implant a "pain chip" or something. A loss of affection points would be acceptable.

He did mention "Don't deactivate me", and although I've been looking for that option, I can't find anything close to that in any of the menus.

I'm focusing my rage primarily on the droid, because frankly my other companion, Mako, is pretty cute. She fails every now and then, but what are ya gonna do? I'm a sucker for those abnormally sparkly eyes. But that droid needs a good @$#kicking.

Respectfully...

I'd love to be able to severely beat my ship droid when he fails a prof quest that cost me $2k to send him on. Either a beating, or maybe implant a "pain chip" or something. A loss of affection points would be acceptable.

He did mention "Don't deactivate me", and although I've been looking for that option, I can't find anything close to that in any of the menus.

I'm focusing my rage primarily on the droid, because frankly my other companion, Mako, is pretty cute. She fails every now and then, but what are ya gonna do? I'm a sucker for those abnormally sparkly eyes. But that droid needs a good @$#kicking.

Respectfully...

Got it.

Instead of calling it a 'beating' we'll call it encouragement... and we'll use... an... encouragement rod for this purpose.

Ship it.

Respectfully...

Were you not hugged enough as a child or something? This is disgusting.

Yeah, that's another thing... while we're on the topic of his voice. (kudos to BW for all the excellent VO work btw) but...

A vendor, who sells voice replacement for all the droid's common phrases would be fantastic. Like replace all his C3-PO-like lines with a very smooth sultry Jessica Rabbit sorta voice... mmmm. Because frankly, I hear him much more than I see him.

Perhaps that might lessen the rage at failed quests.

Hmm, I think I'm starting to see a trend, and where my achilles heel lies. : /

I want to break him apart and put his pieces on a conveyor belt headed for a melting pot.. Seriously. Most annoying thing in the game is to walk onto the ship and hear his commentary.

TRUE... I can't run up to the cockpit fast enough... And even as I'm sitting down to navigate, that dood is STILL TALKING.

If it were available, I'd bind a ****/Backhand companion attack to one of my most convenient keys just for ship entrances.