Crafting Amplifiers: Critical chance

Lybus

Hello, I was trying to look for information about critical crafting amplifiers, and the only information I could find was several patches ago. How is it looking on amplifiers and how they boost actual crit chance for crafting skills? Aslo, I'd really like to know what, "+10 biochem" or "+10 Synthweaving" means; is it percentages, or....?

So, in short, have they fixed the critical amplifiers yet, or no? Anyone know? And is it worth it to roll on mods for the critical bonuses?

We don't know if they work.

We don't know how big the bonus is.

I personally would not roll amplifiers. I made a separate crafting suit, and bought the for-credit low level (level 10 I think) blue prototype mods from the Level 10 vendors on the fleet. If it didn't have +10 Crit whatever I sold it back to the vendor for full refund and bought another. Rinse and repeat until I had all nine +10 Crit whatever mods. Then I built up a crafting suit, since we have a lot of extra legacy armor shells now.

I have wondered if the amplifiers don't work because they are on item modifications that are so much lower in level than my character. But that phenomenon hasn't been observed for any other amplifier, so I suspect they're either entirely broken, or +10 means something very marginal, like a 0.1% chance increase.

I'm not going to lie, I was really frustrated at the +number system they have for crafting criticals. You learn it in elementary science class....numbers don't mean anything if they don't have a unit. What is the unit!?!? *sigh*

i know for a fact that the resourceful amps only apply to grade 11 matts. it may be the same for crit chance and efficiency amps... am currently running through about 10k grade 4 scav matts with all available amps set to +X crit armormech (with level 50 comps of course). base crit chance with level 50 comps is 75% so im expecting a minimum of 7500 resultant matts (totally blanking on what its actually called atm). if i get a significant amount over 7500, ill know on some level the amps are working (and as stated in post above, we just dont know to what degree).

i have also been curious about this for a while, and have been farming mad amounts of matts (usually about 10k each) and running through them with various amps and such. i can post my results if anybody else is interested in what turns out.

i know for a fact that the resourceful amps only apply to grade 11 matts. it may be the same for crit chance and efficiency amps... am currently running through about 10k grade 4 scav matts with all available amps set to +X crit armormech (with level 50 comps of course). base crit chance with level 50 comps is 75% so im expecting a minimum of 7500 resultant matts (totally blanking on what its actually called atm). if i get a significant amount over 7500, ill know on some level the amps are working (and as stated in post above, we just dont know to what degree).

i have also been curious about this for a while, and have been farming mad amounts of matts (usually about 10k each) and running through them with various amps and such. i can post my results if anybody else is interested in what turns out.

Have you gotten any Legendary Embers from harvesting in the world anymore? I haven't since the 6.0.2 "first wave crafting update." Seems like "Resourceful" amps should affect that occurrence.