How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

CorellianWannabe

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please no. Chiss have a viable explanation, how are the Vong going to be a playable race that make sense and are available to us? Its bad enough they exist, shoehorning them in for certain factions or classes is overkill.

Please no. Chiss have a viable explanation, how are the Vong going to be a playable race that make sense and are available to us? Its bad enough they exist, shoehorning them in for certain factions or classes is overkill.

A viable explanation for how the Republic welcomes Chiss into every facet of both Jedi and Special Forces and then forgets all about them? Sorry, I don't buy 'we forgot all about them for thousands of years until an art critic almost crushed the Republic'. Legacy has killed any butt-pull excuse Bioware was trying to use.

As for playable, I never said that-I assumed they would be the Scourge or Burning Legion of an expansion. Perhaps with Force immunity (or at least resistance), leaving it up to the other classes to stop them?

The Yuushan Vong are hinted to be in the galaxy during this time period. In KOTOR I (300ish years ago), a conversaion with Canderous Ordo, he describes going up against something that sounds just like a Vong Coral Skipper. so, you never know.:)

This, but overall, the Vong are just starting to scout this galaxy, nothing more. You won't see them until post Ep VI.

And to be honest OP, it would make 0 sense to have them because of my statement above, and then the Republic, etc would clearly remember and always prepare for such a threat.

This, but overall, the Vong are just starting to scout this galaxy, nothing more. You won't see them until post Ep VI.

And to be honest OP, it would make 0 sense to have them because of my statement above, and then the Republic, etc would clearly remember and always prepare for such a threat.

They don't remember the Chiss, why remember the Vong? I've seen rationalizations like 'the records were lost' and '3000 years of data makes it almost impossible to find anything in Republic archives'- if they apply to why no one remembers Chiss Jedi then they can apply to bio-sado-masochists.

The best idea i can think of would be a flash point, where a team would board a world ship that was scouting. World ships are huge, it would have to be outside republic space, maybe wild or unknown space. Perhaps a space battle before hand, good luck taking on coral skippers. Then you would board afterwords. I admit that i would love to fight a Supreme Leader, or a War Master. Kinda hard to believe a War Master would travel before a Executer already infiltrated their primarary target/organization. The Vong are smart, any type of high level member associated with the journey would need a great explanation. Not likely unless its an invasion. Maybe a World ship in excile looking for glory, led by a former War Master. Idk just brainstorming.

The Yuuzhan Vong were such a formidable opponent and scary to the New Republic because they existed outside the living force and I think I remember reading somewhere that the Jedi of that era had to learn how to sense the Vong in the unifying force. Vergere taught this to the new order but the Old Republic had knowledge of this technique but Ben and Yoda never taught Luke about it.

So if they could feel them in the force the Vong of Old Republic time would not have been such a formidable opponent and if it was just a scouting party the Republic wouldn't all of a sudden be on alert for a 'force immune' invasion force some time in the future.

Bit farfetched you are right but it would be damn cool imo

A viable explanation for how the Republic welcomes Chiss into every facet of both Jedi and Special Forces and then forgets all about them? Sorry, I don't buy 'we forgot all about them for thousands of years until an art critic almost crushed the Republic'. Legacy has killed any butt-pull excuse Bioware was trying to use.

As for playable, I never said that-I assumed they would be the Scourge or Burning Legion of an expansion. Perhaps with Force immunity (or at least resistance), leaving it up to the other classes to stop them?

they lost typon isnt so hard they would loose all records of chiss and vong to.

You don't forget Yuuzhan Vong.

The most there would be would be a single ship or a small scouting party, you can't stretch lore that much.

If The Federation can just forget about The Borg and The Ferengi in just two hundred years, then The Republic can forget The Vong over thousands. Star Wars isn't the only place where we need to stretch our logic.

I do agree, however, that The Vong need to be kept out of this. I loved them, but they have no place in this timeline.

they lost typon isnt so hard they would loose all records of chiss and vong to.

I figure the Chris deliberately erased the records about them on their way out the door whenever they broke from the Empire. With covert agents slipping in to clean up what was missed later. Then after a few thousand years even the Chiss forgot about what they'd done.

Now this is where I've had a lot of discussion about them implementing a third faction;

The Yuuzhan Vong; it would turn this into a three-prong war that could lead to a lot of interesting possibilities in my opinion.

id deffionatly say so on the third faction they would suit an operation

If they go third faction, it should be mandalorians.

Hutts could make sense too... Obviously you couldn't play a Hutt, but you could play their agents. A massive Vong invasion is just stretching it a bit thin and feels like a cop out to get more subscribers.