Leveling a character from 10-50 only doing WZ’s (With a minimal amount of PVE).

Artlu

**Updated to changes made.

I hope this helps anyone that has already completed the PVE missions or has no interest in PVE. Warning you do need to complete some of your class quests.

1. After leaving your starter world choose your advance class. It’s really annoying when someone jumps in a WZ and they still have their training weapon and no advance class.

2. Crew Skills. I suggest Slicing + Diplomacy + Scavenging. I prefer Slicing and Scavenging for the credits you can make along the way and Diplomacy to gain Lightside / Darkside points. Level your gathering skills through missions. With Slicing you are pretty much breaking even with the lock boxes and you are getting Sliced Tech parts you can sell on the GTN.

3. You can buy relics from the Lightside or Darkside vendors when you lvl your Diplomacy. Stick with with Light or Dark as you level up to not cancel out your progress.

4. Start queuing for WZ’s. Do your dailies but hang onto the adrenals you get from your boxes. You’ll need those in the 55 brackets more than in the lowbies.

5. Under no circumstances DO NOT use experience buffs or valor buffs, you want the max amount of WZ comms per level. Do not worry about hitting your Valor cap for your level. DO NOT go out and PVE to gain a level you will hit the next level Valor cap in a handful of WZ anyway.

6. When you get enough credits buy 2 level 10 Cartel Market crystals for your weapons. Buy the Hawkeye crystals that boost your Power, Crit or Endurance. The +41 Expertise crystals are worthless in the lowbie brackets now.

7. Buy some Implants and an Earpiece on the GTN.

**NOTE** Try to log out of the game in an area that is NOT a resting area to avoid the rested XP boost.

Ok so you’ve been doing some WZ and you gain a few levels and now you’re thinking I’m going to max out on WZ comms I better buy something. DO NOT buy anything but PVP weapons.

Start buying and selling your PvP weapons in rotation to avoid the timers. As long as you sell the weapon back to the vendor within 2 hours of game time, meaning if you log out with 20 mins left on the sell back timer the next time you log on you will still have 20 mins left on the timer. Buy weapons for 900 comms and then WZ for an hour and a half then sell back the weapons. Rinse and repeat. Every time you're about to hit your max comms buy another PvP weapons and add it to your rotation.

When you hit lvl 18 you can go get your ship and gain your droid to help with missions and gain little experience.

1. Go to Coruscant / Korriban and do your Class quest line. Oh and don’t forget your datacrons.

2. Go back to WZ’s and start buying Planetary Comms with your Warzone Comms and upgrade your armor and weapons. Continue to recycle PvP weapons. It's important to have weapons and armor that you can upgrade (Orange, Purple). There is plenty low cost gear on the GTN or buy a set of adaptive armor and weapons from the Cartel Market.

3. When you hit level 31 You can buy Cartel Market armor with stats. The cost is $1200 CM coins or you can find them on the GTN. It's a 5 piece set Head-Hands-Chest-Feet and Legs.

Agent / Smuggler - Outlaw Armor Set or Tech Master Armor Set

Bounty Hunter / Trooper - Guerrilla Armor Ste or MA-44 Combat Armor Set

Sith Warrior / Jedi Knight - Destroyer Armor Set or Pathfinder Armor Set

Sith Inquisitor / Jedi Consular - Investigators Armor Set or Noble Armor Set

4. You should also have enough credits by now to buy a set of Augments for your gear. Don't worry about purples in the lowbie bracket blues are cheap and with give you a little extra.

Continue to recycle your PvP weapons and I know they are filling up your inventory but at level 40 you'll get some relief.

1. At Level 40 start converting your WZ comms for Ranked WZ comms. You should have just enough weapons to max out your Ranked Warzone Comms and almost max out your Warzone comms.

2. Go out and breeze through your class quests while you have the breathing room and aren't watching weapon timers. You'll gain a couple more companions and you'll make some credits. Don't forget your datacrons.

Back to WZs and stacking PvP weapons.

1. At level 43 there is a vendor in Cartel Bazaar that sells level 43 chest pieces. If you're like me and you like to dress your characters in style you'll have no problem having the "Newcomer" standing with the Contraband Resale Corporation to buy these. They're $40,000 credits each. You can buy as many as you can afford and pull the Armorings, Mods and Enhancements to upgrade your gear.

2. By the time you hit 50 your gear will be stale and you'll need to hit the Makeb vendor for new planetary gear.

You Hit 55

You should have a full inventory of PvP weapons to trade in. Go ahead and start buying your level 55 PvP gear. when you run out of comms sell the vendor back a weapon. You should have enough weapons stacked up to buy a full set of PVP gear. You'll have many weapons to spare so you can start trading up and buying your ranked pvp gear or min/max your PvP gear instead.

Things to Remember:

1. Always check your gear for updates. Buy new implants, ear pieces and relics every few levels.

2. Always get your datacrons on each planet you do your class quests on and don't forget the big datacron on the station +10 all stats when you hit 45. Always gather as much as you can on those planets.

3. Keep your companions out on missions. Those Sliced Tech parts are gold! Get their affection up too it will help.

4. Always watch your WZ comms to avoid reaching cap. Always check your timers on your PVP weapons.

5. Don’t get impatient with your progress and rush to 55. When you get there you’ll be glad you have stacks of WZ adrenals, that you took your time and learned your class and that you had more than the max amount of comms in the end

Good guide for end game gear

Good Guide for making credits

Edited by Artlu
Update

this is a nice guide

i just recently leveled a toon almost exclusively 10-49 (i did enough questing to have my companions) and never left fleet after i unlocked my sniper buff for legacy

one thing i remember about it though-- if you are on rested experience you will plow through the levels-- especially if you gear your toon to the teeth and you actually have an impact in deciding the game as one strings together some victories

some times it was better to not turn in the pvp daily for fear of getting huge chunks of exp

i had to be careful in my forties of not having max comms by 50

(i had the 4500 rwz's converted early enough and filled the wz several times to buy adrenals and medpacs to not go over...)

i like how you lay out the places to get the pvp weapons for the expertise + the cartel crystals

does the expertise really make a difference?

if so, i may have to reroll another sniper just to try it

my play time is in limited chunks throughout the day and i find pvp the only enjoyable part of this game-- it sure as hell beats questing so it's cool you made this for peeps who want to try it

Edited by Daxy

this is a nice guide

i just recently a toon almost exclusively 10-49 (i did enough questing to have my companions) and never left fleet after i unlocked my sniper buff for legacy

one thing i remember about it though-- if you are on rested experience you will plow through the levels-- especially if you gear your toon to the teeth and you actually have an impact in deciding the game as one strings together some victories

some times it was better to not turn in the pvp daily for fear of getting huge chunks of exp

i had to be careful in my forties of not having max comms by 50

(i had the 4500 rwz's converted early enough and filled the wz several times to buy adrenals and medpacs to not go over...)

i like out you lay out the places to get the pvp weapons for the expertise + the cartel crystals

does the expertise really make a difference?

if so, i may have to reroll another sniper just to try it

my play time is in limited chunks throughout the day and i find pvp the only enjoyable part of this game-- it sure as hell beats questing so it's cool you made this for peeps who want to try it

Glad you like it.

Thanks for reminding me about the rested XP I will add it to the guide.

If you buy all 3 sets of PvP weapons you should be very close to cap at 49 for both Ranked and Reg WZ comms. Worse case you buy some adrenals to offset it or stop and do the resell trick if you think you have enough time to pull it off.

I find Expetise makes a huge difference at each lvl.

Edited by Artlu

Useful yes, with something like 400 levels of PvE, I had started a new scroundrel, got to fleet and took the pvp daily for a change, so the above is useful.

I self crafted purple upgrades for everything at my level the only exception is the offhand, does it make much difference over having blues in terms of the xp I would achieve out of a wz?

Useful yes, with something like 400 levels of PvE, I had started a new scroundrel, got to fleet and took the pvp daily for a change, so the above is useful.

I self crafted purple upgrades for everything at my level the only exception is the offhand, does it make much difference over having blues in terms of the xp I would achieve out of a wz?

You gear? No, it scales in the WZ so the better gear you have, the bigger you boost.

I would add, the Cartel crystals, some of them, are lvl 10. I think they come from the cartel packs. They're quite expensive, but if you're going this route, the +80 expertise will be a big help I think.

You could use your commendations for selling and buying PvP Weapons instead of capping normal/ranked coms, you earn more from fully modded normal war hero gear then you do from a few normal war hero and one-two elite war hero. I am right now leveling up a jugg and have about 24 pvp weapons on him that I sell and buy when needed, when I ding 50 I will have about 45k normal warzone commendations and will then be able to buy both a fully modded War Hero DPS set as well as a fully modded War Hero tank set for my jugg.

No reason to capp ranked coms unless you already have the normal warzone coms you need, then you can get enough for elite war hero relics/implant/earpiece.

Can someone confirm this? I've heard it's a myth the timer does not end when you log off for the night so it is impossible to juggle 24 weapons without logging off.

The timers stops when you logout from that character, meaning that if I had 26min left on the timer when I loged out from my char earlier today to do dailies on my lvl 50, I will have 26min left on the timer when I relog. Don't trust what everyone tells you, sometimes they lies, try it our for yourself.

Side note EWH ear, relics and implants, main and offhand are worth the upgrade over War Hero while min/maxing your gear.

Correct, but it's not worth skipping out on fully modding the war hero gear, first get fully modded Belt/Bracer/ChestPants/Head/Gloves/Boots as well as the coms for mainhand and offhand. Then start saving up for relic/implant/ear, if you then are able to save up enough coms to buy the elite war hero mainhand/offhand, go for it. Thought I would rather recommend you to get PvE armorings/hilts for belt/bracer/offhand/mainhand, it will reduce your expertise, however from 1150 you gain more from mainstat (if you have the bonus % from skill tree).

The timers stops when you logout from that character, meaning that if I had 26min left on the timer when I loged out from my char earlier today to do dailies on my lvl 50, I will have 26min left on the timer when I relog. Don't trust what everyone tells you, sometimes they lies, try it our for yourself.

It works I will update the guide as an option.

Correct, but it's not worth skipping out on fully modding the war hero gear, first get fully modded Belt/Bracer/ChestPants/Head/Gloves/Boots as well as the coms for mainhand and offhand. Then start saving up for relic/implant/ear, if you then are able to save up enough coms to buy the elite war hero mainhand/offhand, go for it. Thought I would rather recommend you to get PvE armorings/hilts for belt/bracer/offhand/mainhand, it will reduce your expertise, however from 1150 you gain more from mainstat (if you have the bonus % from skill tree).

I agree with most of this but just my opinon the EWH relics are a much better upgrade and if you are stacking say POWER and SURGE you can't beat 240 POWER right off the bat. It would take 6 WH mods of 39 PWR to get less than the same result 234 PWR.

Edited by Artlu

Holy snap, I've never thought of that comms trick. That is awesome and a really nice way of having a lot of comms when dinging 50. I bought a bunch of medpacks I could sell on my latest char since I didnt know what els to spend them on. Kind of regret that now. Edited by Washingtoon

Nice useful guide. Why the heck don't they just raise the comms cap though? It's pretty stupid to make people resort to kludges like buying and selling weapons, if the average rate of comm gain to level 50 is obviously going to bust the cap for most people. They should just raise the cap to 10K each ranked and unranked.

• 1 year later...